We chose the Hampton Inn in Skokie, because Hampton Inn has the best beds ever, and because we didn't want to pay a fortune to stay in downtown Chicago. Three of us were there on a girl's three day weekend, so we booked the one bedroom suite. Great choice. Parking and wireless are free, which is another bonus to staying here vs downtown.
The kichen had everything, including a full size fridge and microwave. The living room had a pull out couch, desk, comfy lounge chair and foot stool, plus plasma tv. Bedroom included two comfy beds, plus another plasma tv. Sink area was outside the bathroom, which is great when getting ready in the morning. The bathroom was huge. The room was totally perfect for 3 people, or more.
Breakfast was delicious but very crowded. They have a few rooms for eating breakfast, but every morning it was over-run with tons of people. We had to wait in line to get breakfast, and then take it back to our room. Breakfast was very good though. It included some type of eggs, bacon/sausage, waffles, toast, fruit, cereal, juice, pastries, yogurt, etc.
We were looking forward to using the indoor pool and hot tub. Checked it out on Saturday night, but it was completely full of kids making a lot of noise. So we decided to wait until Sunday night. Went down on Sunday, and the pool was full again, with kids hurling beach balls everywhere, slamming down foam noodles on the water, jumping into the pool, etc., etc. Even though kids under 14 need to be accompanied by an adult, there didn't seem to be anyone responsible for the kids. Some adults were sitting at a table, but never once asked the kids to quiet down. We sat in the hot tub for 10 mintues, and had to leave because of the noise and chaos. That was the only downfall of the hotel. I suggest that beach balls and noodles are removed the pool after a certain hour, and that there is an adults only time after a certain hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites is an eight story contemporary hotel featuring interior corridors, exercise facility, and indoor pool. The interior design of the guest rooms are displayed with cherrywood furniture and contemporary fabrics for your comfort. The hotel features free high-speed internet access in all rooms and a breakfast buffet which includes a variety of hot dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie Hotel Skokie
- Hampton Inn And Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
- Hampton Inn Skokie
- Skokie Hampton Inn