“Convenient But Off The Beaten Path”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Relatively new location. Close to Old Orchard Shopping Center and Forest Preserve. Immediate access to expressway to downtown Chicago. Ruby Tuesday Restaurant adjacent. Staff friendly and helpful. Complimentary breakfast. Clean rooms. Free parking.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
JaniceAlvarez, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Hello, chitransplant09!

Thanks for the feedback on your stay. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you soon! If we may be of assistance with your future loding needs in Chicago's North Shore, please let us know.

We appreciate your business! Thanks for choosing Hampton.

Take care,

Janice Alvarez

Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. I was in town for a family event and several of us chose this location, as it was convenient and very reasonably priced. My GPS seemed to be confused by the location and kept trying to direct me to the mall next door (hmmm, maybe the mall folks paid off the gps folks to misdirect there?? lol). In any case, a quick phone call to the front desk and they were able to direct me there. Very pleasant front desk folks. They were friendly and seemed to know the area. I'm an hhonors member, so I was given the various perks included (free waters and snacks, top floor suite, etc). I highly recommend becoming an hhonors member if you like to stay at Hilton-brand hotels.

The room was clean and very quiet. It almost felt like we were the only people on our floor (though I know we were not). The breakfast was good (both hot and cold choices) and not overly crowded. We tried the attached Ruby Tuesday restaurant and liked the food, but the service was horribly slow. We started with the salad bar and we still didn't even have waters until we had almost finished our salads (and then only because I flagged someone down to remind them). As far as I know, the Ruby Tuesday is not affiliated with the hotel, though, so I don't hold that poor service against the hotel. Luckily the mall is very close by, so there are other eating options.

Because we were busy with family events, we didn't get a chance to do too much in the hotel. I did use their computer/business area to check on my flights and print boarding passes, and I noticed others were checking their emails.

Good room darkening curtains -- with that and the almost complete silence, we slept very well. Would stay here again!

Room Tip: I always recommend the top floor. We were top floor and corner -- it was an excellent location.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
JaniceAlvarez, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Hello, travelexperiences09 -

We appreciate the detailed review! Your GPS theory is an interesting & funny one. I hope you at least enjoyed your unexpected stop at Westfield Old Orchard!

It's disappointing to read about your experience at Ruby Tuesday. They are owned & managed by another company, but I will certainly forward your feedback to Jen, their general manager for further review.

Call us whenever your travels bring you back to Chicago's North Shore. We hope to welcome you again in the future!

Take care,

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I usually try to stay at Hampton's when I travel. This particular Hampton was exceptional. Staff was helpful and great location to Chicago. The breakfast was fresh and hot,the location was near several restaurants and a mall to do some shopping. The quality of the room for cleanliness and comfort is what I have become to expect from this hotel chain. Unless I stay in downtown Chicago, I would recommend this Hampton for the location.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark P

Greetings, Mark!

We're glad you were pleased with your recent stay. It's great to know Hampton is your hotel of choice when traveling.

Clean rooms & friendly service are very important to us. It's nice to know our efforts didn't go unnoticed! If we may be of assistance again with your hotel needs, please let us know.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Safe travels,

Reviewed May 19, 2014

For frequent travelers, this is the type of hotel we appreciate because it is convenient, efficient and clean. The in house Ruby Tuesdays is a good choice for dining if you dont wish to leave the hotel and the marketplace is well stocked.

Check in: Quick and seamless. No HHonors upgrade offered but was given a room on the VIP Floor (not sure why it is called that as their was no lounge.

Room: Quiet and Clean. The bathroom is quite small but nothing like the inner city hotels.

Fitness Area: Lots of cardio with a rack of dumbells. I would like to see them upgrade the gym to the workout stations some of the newer Hilton properties have.

This will be my regular hotel when I need to stay north of the city and dont want to fight traffic going back into the downtown area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
JaniceAlvarez, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Hello, ncsoo7!

Thanks for being our guest! We're glad to be your hotel of choice when visiting Chicago's North Shore.

Your feedback is much appreciated. It gives us an opportunity to better serve our guests. In response to your VIP floor comment, we designated specific floors for our Hilton Honors' VIPs to ensure they are not assigned in the middle of group rooms. We do our best to upgrade our VIPs whenever possible, unless we are at full capacity and are unable to do so.

As for our fitness center, the fitness centers at newer Hilton properties certainly sound nice! I'm sure that once we are due for a remodel, we will get something very similar to stay consistent with the rest of our brands.

Thanks again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The room was comfortable, quiet and well furnished. It had a small fridge and microwave which were a nice plus. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was outstanding - lots of choices, good food and adequate seating. I would definately stay here again.

Greetings, Jessica!

Thanks for a great review. It was nice to read about your fantastic experience!

If there is anything else we can do to make your future stays even more enjoyable, please let us know. We would love to hear from you!

In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your summer and safe travels!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Very happy with the checking in and out process. The rooms were pretty clean, and spacious. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast as there were plenty of choices to select from. It was also nice to have a Ruby Tuesday attached to the hotel. I would rate the service in there a little bit slow, but overall was satisfactory. My only complaint would have to be the hideous carpeting in my room. I felt like I was at a casino. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was greeted with messages from colleages who had left mess prior to my arrival. My fed-ex which had been sent was waiting for me. All staff very professional and nice. The room was clean and very comfortable for both business or pleasure. Will definatly stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JaniceAlvarez, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Hello, Cathy!

Thanks for the feedback. I have shared your comments with our team, and we're all happy to read that you found our hotel to be clean, friendly, and a comfortable home away from home.

We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you soon. Thanks for choosing Hampton Skokie for your lodging needs while in Chicago's North Shore.

Safe travels,

Janice Alvarez

Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
4 mi away
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie? Share your experiences!