“Clean, quiet, best breakfast ever, great staff, excellent restaurant”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I would recommend this to any business traveler---clean, very comfortable, great staff, cleaning staff listens to the do not disturb (which is great), great parking, AWESOME breakfast. Extended stay guests should look into a suite to get a bigger refridgerator. The mini fridge won't accommodate more than a day or so worth of food/drinks.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This will most likely remain our go-to place for our semi-annual trips home to Chicago with the kids. The location and the amenities are perfect for traveling families. A few things were noticeable enough that I felt the need to review again: we travelled over a very busy holiday time (we were there the week of the 4th) and the place was overrun with huge groups of kids (school or church groups). This is unavoidable and understandable but made the breakfasts trying to say the least. On one day we got there twenty minutes before breakfast was to close and found no: doughnuts, skim milk, bananas, mixed fruit. I don't mean there was only a little, I mean there was none. And with two hungry kids at a place that touts their free breakfasts, that was annoying. Also, we reserved a kitchen suite and asked for a high floor, as always, but got one on a low floor, facing the highway. Given our frequent trips there and the fact we were there for a long stay (7 nights) again, I wasn't thrilled. Even more annoying was the noise from the road. If we go back I will definitely ask to be moved if I am stuck on a low floor facing I-94 again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pegggus
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We got to Chicago area earlier than anticipated, but they had a room available and allowed for an early check in. Our room, a king, standard, was very clean. It has a flat screen tv, microwave and small refrigerator. The bed was fairly comfortable...even for me! The bathroom was also very clean (most important). The staff from front desk, housekeeping and dining area were very friendly and accommodating. Our room faced the highway and a service area (?) one morning around 4 or 5 a.m., a truck in this area woke us both up.
The breakfast was typical hotel fare with waffles, pre-made omelets and sausage; cereals, fruits (all looked fresh) yogurt, etc.
The only issue I had was the lack of connectivity to the internet. I finally found that if I put my iPad or notebook on the bedside table it would ultimately connect....move it inches away and it would disconnect. I told the front desk, twice, but the situation did not change. This made it difficult to take care of business. Going to the "business center", and found it was constantly filled with kids...so, no thanks. Asking others all said they had no problem, so perhaps that room is a dead spot..

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the expressway and if you need internet...stay away from room 6241...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Quick, easy check in...with chocolate chip cookies! The room had the regular amenities plus a microwave and refrigerator. Nice décor, very comfortable bed. There is a USB port right next to the bed that came in handy to recharge electronics. Did not visit Ruby Tuesday's, but it is right off of the hotel lobby.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This Hampton Inn was a great place to stay. Stayed the weekend for Family Anniversary and Wedding. Room was quiet, clean, had everything I needed. Complimentary breakfast was really good. Most of all the staff were all very friendly and welcoming. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My family stayed there for a wedding in downtown Chicago and a wedding reception in Wilmette..l had just stayed two days in downtown Chicago and was flabergasted when i was chared $98.00 for self parking......i was so glad parking was free at Hampton Inn...the rooms were very clean and comfortable...the free breakfast was an added treat, as well as 24/7 coffee and tea selections in the lobby...free use of computers was an added bonus (had to check my Facebook)....my son and nephew wanted to take the train in Chicago saturday morning...glad to know the Dempster station was only five minutes away.....i will definately stay here again...everything is so convenient,and it is an EXTrEMELY clean facility! Excellent location and staff were very helpful....the ladies in charge of the am breakfast were always very helpful and smiling.....kept all the food coming when things went low......Hampton Inn should give all these hardworking people a raise!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Celeste O
JaniceAlvarez, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Hello, Celeste!

Thanks for a great review. We value your business and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back. Downtown parking fees are quite expensive; for that reason, we have quite a few guests who stay with us then take the train to enjoy the sights & sounds of the city.

Let us know whenever we may be of assistance with your future travel plans. Enjoy your summer in the meantime!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is still an excellent property to stay out but it failed to get my top rating this time for one reason. First the good: very clean, excellent staff, and very good speed for wifi. The fact that it is attached to a Ruby Tuesdays is very nice too since I often travel solo and don't often feel like going out for dinner. It also has one of the best gyms I have seen at any hotel. The reason I didn't give an excellent rating this time was when I was taking a shower the water pressure kept dropping out and with it most of the hot water. Somewhat annoying. I never had this happen before so I will still go back.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Duane1969
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie? Share your experiences!