We stayed here once in July for 5 nights and again in early August for 4 nights while our floors at home were being refinished and other major repair work was being done. We spent the extra money for a suite each time and it worked out perfectly for our family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers. The first suite had 2 queen beds and the other had a king bed and a whirlpool bath. Both of the suites had kitchens with dishes, cutlery, full refrigerator, a microwave and dishwasher. The suites we stayed in, and the entire hotel, were very clean. What really sets this hotel apart is the staff. Every staff member we met--from the front desk staff to the people working in the breakfast area to the housekeeping staff--was very friendly and made us feel at home. One night we called for extra blankets and someone brought them to our room in less than 10 minutes. The living rooms of both suites had a couch with a pullout double bed, a table with a couple of chairs and another comfortable chair with an ottoman. The furniture in the living room really helped us as it provided extra sleeping space and there was plenty of room for the 4 of us to relax in the evening. There was a TV in the living room and the bedroom and the hotel offers free WIFi. Our rooms were very quiet despite being close to the elevators and there being two large out of town school groups staying at the hotel.
There is plenty of free parking. Also on the first floor there is a swimming pool with a hot tub, a Ruby Tuesday restaurant and a small but nice exercise room.
The free breakfast had a wide variety of choices. In addition to rolls and bagels, there was fresh fruit, yogurt, a waffle maker, cold cereals, two hot items each day. There was also juice, coffee, tea etc. The breakfast areas do get crowded but the staff constantly replenished the food. There was also fresh coffee, hot water, tea bags and cocoa mix all day and night in the public area opposite the front desk. In the late afternoon there was delicious lemondade and fresh baked cookies at the front desk.
The location of the hotel is excellent. The Westfield Old Orchard outdoor shopping mall is just a few blocks away, and the hotel is just off the Old Orchard Road exit on the Edens Expressway. The location is convenient for driving into downtown Chicago. The rates are very good, particulary when you consider the large room sizes, the free breakfast, the pool and the great location. There are computers and a printer in the lobby.
Until recently I traveled extensively for work and this hotel is one of the best I've stayed in. Every one of us really enjoyed our stay and we hope to be back again for a long weekend in the winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites is an eight story contemporary hotel featuring interior corridors, exercise facility, and indoor pool. The interior design of the guest rooms are displayed with cherrywood furniture and contemporary fabrics for your comfort. The hotel features free high-speed internet access in all rooms and a breakfast buffet which includes a variety of hot dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie Hotel Skokie
- Hampton Inn And Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
- Hampton Inn Skokie
- Skokie Hampton Inn