DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
AscendHotels
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
1,209 results
All reviewscookiesacross the streetdouble treesmall bathroomold orchardnorth shoreconvenient locationfree parkingbed was very comfortablebreakfast buffetbusiness centerbusiness tripnice stayvery nice hotelenjoyed my stayfront desk stafffitness center
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 8 nights. The bed was very comfortable, with extra pillows as I had requested. The small refrigerator made it very convenient, as I was working each day locally. I had no issues at all with my accomodations. The pool was a bit chilly to relax in, and not having a hot tub was disappointing. I do believe the addition of a hot tub would be benefitial. Also, since other hotels offer it, a complimentary breakfast would be a welcome addition. The Charhouse next door is a nice place, ate there several times. Good food, ok price. All in all, a good stay. Very friendly staff. I'll definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. As someone who stayed with us 8 nights you certainly can offer some great advice to your fellow travelers. I'm so glad you enjoyed our in-house steakhouse and also had a chance to connect with our wonderful staff. Your comments about breakfast and hot tub are definitely well taken and something we will consider in the future. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself and plan to return, that's really the best review there is! Thanks for your loyalty, we look forward to your next visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My family was in town for 1 night and everything was great. The staff was courteous and even accommodated our request to check in early so that we could attend a 3:00p.m. function. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for the kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and looking forward to your next one!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were in Chicago for a Cubs game and decided to stay in the north end rather than the expensive downtown area. The check in service was excellent and quick. The hotel is a little older but was clean and convenient to restaurants, shopping etc. The attached restaurant was superb. Bonus - Free parking and internet. Took the train to the game, a quick $6 cab ride. A shuttle by the hotel to the train station would be a nice added touch but overall this is a great hotel at a great rate. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Catherine,

I'm so glad you selected us as your hotel when going to the Cubs game. We are a great choice with our free parking and complimentary shuttle to the Yellow Line. Anyone who has been to Wrigley knows not to drive! We appreciate your business and you taking the time to review your stay. We hope to see you back again. Go Cubs!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This place was not 5 star but the staff is completely 5 star. pool is nice but my small children could use better entrance to pool then metal ladders. But the cool outdoor area is nice. Rooms standard shower pressure good, size was very good. I'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

I'm so glad you will be back and would rate our staff "5 star." I will definitely share your comments with them, as they love to hear feedback from their guests! Thank you for taking the time to review us, we truly appreciate your comments and your continued loyalty.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Room was large and clean, although poorly laid out and furnished. For example, there was a kitchen area with a microwave and counter/cabinets, but nary a cup, dish, glass or even proximal waste basket. In fact, wastebaskets were almost nonexistent in the large suite-like room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to report that the room you are describing, one of our junior suites is being refreshed currently for a more comfortable layout and amenities. I would love for you to come back and see it the next time your travels bring you to the North Shore. We are certainly excited about the project.

Again, thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to review your trip. We look forward to your next visit.