“Great second stay!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great second stay!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed here again for another wedding and was very happy with this latest experience. The minor inconveniences from my last stay were basically non-existent on this trip. The elevators were never an issue all weekend, very prompt. We had a room that faced the city skyline, which gave a great view. Finally, we got our cookies at check in. No complaints whatsoever.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hi Max,

I'm so glad you had such a great stay and that you shared your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We truly appreciate the feedback of valued repeat customers like yourself. I'm so glad you enjoyed the wedding in our top floor Monaco ballroom and enjoyed the view of downtown not only from there but from your guest room as well! Our elevators recently went under a huge modernization project and to hear that the difference is so noticeable is wonderful. We sure agree! Thanks again, and don't worry, we will have more warm cookies waiting for you next time you check in!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Portage, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Overall experience better than a 10. Had an issue with reservation. Folks we able to fix quickly and with apt customer care. Also went and bought 6 of the Pillows. Great sleep. Will stay at Double tree preferentially. Highly recommend.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Michael for the great review. We never want our guests to experience a problem, but when we can take care of it so effectively and with great service we understand that can make all the difference. I'm glad you found our bed and pillows so comfortable that you have chosen them for your home, that really speaks volumes! Thank you again for taking the time to review us. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here for a weeklong conference and was thoroughly impressed by the place. Very modern and clean for your basic Hilton in the suburbs, spacious conference rooms, Wi-Fi throughout the entire place that doesn't bog down with big groups, nice outdoor patio, catered food was always surprisingly good, and, most of all, the staff was one of the friendliest I've seen.

Skokie isn't very close to downtown so it does have the disadvantage of location but it compensates for that with everything else. Both the hotel manager - whose name I can't recall - and Brian, a gentleman working the overnight in the lobby, was super, super friendly and helpful when it came time to plan things to do between Skokie and downtown.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DoubletreeHalley, Owner at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. As one of our conference guests who stayed for a week, you definitely had ample time to form an opinion of our hotel and I'm so glad we impressed you! Our banquet and culinary staff was delighted to hear that you were so pleased with the food and service and I also shared your comments with Brian and the front office management team. We truly appreciate you taking the time to review us and look forward to seeing you back at the DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore whether it be for business or pleasure!
Silver Spring, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is a well-located hotel in Skokie, near the Old Orchard Mall, close to the Holocaust Museum. Great service, lovely rooms, really comfortable beds and great food! I was in Chicago on business and needed to be in Skokie. It was easy to get cabs to where I needed to go, and we took a cab into Chicago. I can't say enough about the friendliness and promptness of the service. Really nice place to stay.

Hi Sally,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Reviews from travelers like yourself who have had a great experience at our hotel are truly invaluable. You are absolutely correct, we are a wonderful option when you have business in the Chicago area. With our complimentary parking and easy access to both public transportation and plenty of cabs, getting around is a breeze. I have shared your kind comments about the friendliness and promptness of the staff with my team. They really take pride in what they do and appreciate compliments from our valued guests. Thanks again for the review and for staying with us! We appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon.
Chicagoland, IL
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I recently stayed here for a single night's stay while attending a conference for work. Overall, the property was great and seems to have been (relatively) recently renovated. Great service, convenient location to other amenities, and comfortable night's sleep.

It is a bit of a hike away from downtown Chicago (could push upwards of a hour's drive during morning rush), so it may not serve as an alternative to staying in the heart of the city. Yet at a couple hundred dollars' savings vs. in-city hotels it may be worth it to you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hi Kevin,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent conference. Thank you for taking the time to let other travelers about our great service and convenient location. I'm so glad we could provide you with a good night's sleep and a significant savings as opposed to staying downtown. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Midwest Illinois
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was disappointed in my stay in Skokie and at the DoubleTree and doubt I'll ever return. The hotel is your average DoubleTree - older, rundown, and nothing special. I checked in at 7pm and the room I requested (non-smoking king) was not available. I was placed in a two double bed room, which was fine since I was traveling by myself but not preferable. My first room immediately smelled musty and smokey. I immediately asked for a new room and got one that smelled fresh. The rooms are fine but the main issue is the bathrooms. The bathrooms are tight and small - not enough room for even one person to move around comfortably. The only thing I appreciated was the free wifi.
The location is not ideal. While there is a mall within walking distance, other shops nearby are sketchy and there are very few restaurant options within walking distance. I paid close to $270 a night for this hotel, which blows my mind. For the lack of quality and location it should be close to a $125 a night hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I'm very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. We appreciate your candid feedback and use comments like yours to work towards continued improvement of our property. I can tell you that the experience you described is certainly not our standard and I'm surprised and embarrassed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. If you should choose to give us another try, I am certain you would find your room to be nicely appointed and I'm sure that our front desk experts could recommend some delicious restaurants and fabulous shopping in the area that would either be a quick walk or a short ride in our complimentary shuttle. Our proximity to one of Chicagoland's nicest malls, Westfield Old Orchard, and the Skokie Swift Yellow Line (for transportation downtown) provide limitless options for a great stay. Again, thank you for taking the time to give us feedback, We promise to continue our efforts to win you over as our loyal guest.
Solon, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

While on a recent two day business trip to Northbrook, IL we decided to stay at this Double Tree. Nice rooms, comfortable beds, approx. 15 minute walk to the train which takes you into Chicago. Business during the day, and Chicago in the evening. Lots of restaurants and businesses near the hotel as well. Would definitely stay here agin.

Carly,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are a wonderful choice when you have business in Northbrook but want to take advantage of the Chicago nightlife in the evening. We even offer a complimentary shuttle to the Yellow Line, which takes guests downtown easily. I'm so glad you would consider staying with us again and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston
Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore? Share your experiences!