“Great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Urbana, United States
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I spent 4 nights in the doubletree hotel for a business trip and was very impressed by the accomodations provided by the staff for our meetings held in their conference rooms. We had severla meals in the top floor dining room and the food quality and atmosphere was excellent.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Hi Sarah,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with our hotel. As a four day meeting attendee, you were able to experience pretty much everything we have to offer and I'm glad you were impressed! Our top floor Monaco ballroom is a great venue for day meetings and social functions alike. Our chef takes pride in creating seasonal and exciting menus and our culinary and banquets staff truly loves what they do, which I believes shows in the dining experience we are able to provide for our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to review us. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oskaloosa, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

The staff at front desk is the best we ever experienced and feel very welcomed by the management. The best part was when we got there after a long hours of driving we were hungry and thirsty they offered us cookies and we were in time for their wine tasting. The location is within walking distance to almost everything, they also have shuttle service to the train station. The room was very clean with comfy bed. We would like to thank you to the management for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JLODARL
DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us; we definitely enjoyed having you as our guest! Nothing says "welcome" like a warm DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie, except a warm DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie and a glass of wine! We offer "Wine Hour" Monday - Thursday from 5:30-6:30. I'm also very happy that you found all the amenities you were looking for in the hotel and the local area and were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle to the Skokie Swift. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Our cast and musicians stayed at this hotel while taping a special for PBS. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were comfortable and clean, the business center really came in handy, and the chocolate chip cookies kept coming!

Hi Robert,

I'm so glad you and your group enjoyed our hotel! We are a great selection for groups, small and large. We really focus on anticipating and accommodating the needs of our guests, whether you need complimentary color printing or a warm chocolate chip cookie. The next time your crew is in the area we hope to see you again and hope that your visit was a successful one!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel is surrounded by many places you can walk to shop or dine. Staff is excellent and were able to hanle minor or major request. Shuttle service was more than helpful to recommend places and provide transportation.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Guests like you sharing their experiences is invaluable. I'm so glad you found our staff, specifically our shuttle drivers, to be so helpful. Our complimentary shuttle is one of our most popular amenities! Please visit us again soon. Thanks again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I would like to thank the management staff and especially Samir (front desk) for their genuine hospitality!
Samir went out of his way from the time that I checked in, asking me if I had a good flight coming in from Pittsburgh, to NOT only directing me to the nearest "favorite" restaurant but going as far as making a phone call for me to place a to go order.

Unfortunately when my delivery came to my room, the deliver guy did not have plate or silverware for my food. I called down to the front desk and got Samir. He told me that he would round some plateware and silverware for me, as long as I could wait just a few minutes. A few minutes was literally two minutes!! Good job Samir!

The best part of my experience, was when I checked out the next day. Samir was actually there again. I checked out with him. As he was checking me out, he stopped to ask if everything was OK with my visit but then asked how my dinner was last night, and even remembered by saying "have a safe flight back to Pittsburgh".

DoubleTree should be proud of such a fine young man on your team!

Room Tip: If you have special needs - handicap - make sure that they know before hand. They go out of their wa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Greetings Mr. Blum,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and to give such a wonderful compliment to Samir. I was so pleased, yet not at all surprised to hear about the personalized and exceptional service he provided during your most recent stay. I have shared your comments with Samir as well as the management team at our hotel and our corporate office. We here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore appreciate you as our guest and look forward to your next visit.
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Quick check in by friendly staff on a busy night. The warm chocolate chip cookie didn't make it to our room. The room was quiet, clean and comfortable.

Bright white towels and washcloths in the bathroom - nice soap and shampoo, too. Plenty of hot water for our morning showers.

We enjoyed the breakfast buffet in Jameson's Original Charhouse on the first floor.

Checkout was quick. We were invited to come back (we will).

Free on site parking.

The hotel and restaurant are handicapped accessible.

• Stayed April 2013
Greetings Mr. and Mrs. Stanton,

Thank you for taking the time to review our wonderful hotel! I'm so glad you enjoyed the cookies, I assure you, they rarely make it to anyone's room. I'm also glad that you enjoyed every step of your stay, from the fluffy towels to the breakfast buffet. We strive to provide exceptional and personalized service to all of our valued guests and are so glad to hear that you will return in the future. Thank you again for your kind comments.
Miami, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at the DoubleTree recently for a business conference, and overall it was clean, efficient, and well suited for business meetings. The restaurant seemed overwhelmed, which is strange considering how many conferences the hotel must host a year, but I had an overall good experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Hi Mauri,

Thank you for your review! With our IACC approved Executive Meeting Center we are the perfect place for meetings! I'm glad you found us to be clean, efficient and well equipped. We appreciate the business of you and your company and hope to see you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette
Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore? Share your experiences!