“Fantastic customer service in hotel & restaurant”

DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Macon, Georgia
“Fantastic customer service in hotel & restaurant”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with my sister & my two young kids (1 year old & 3 year old). The room was decorated very tastefully, my 1 year old enjoyed the wall of windows (even though it overlooked a roof), and it was very clean. The beds & pillows were very comfortable. We chanced going to the restaurant within the hotel because we really didn't want to get back in the car after having driven for 8 hours that day. We went earlier in the evening (but still on a Saturday) & asked the staff if the restaurant was child friendly. They ensured us that it was, but I still asked to be seated somewhere that my children wouldn't irritate too many customers. All of the staff at the restaurant that we encountered were very friendly, well-informed with the menu, and patient with my tired children. We had a wonderful & relaxing dinner.

After realizing a couple of days later that my son's stuffed lion was in fact missing, I called the hotel to inquire if one had been turned in. The front desk cheerfully told me that it was there & agreed to ship it right out. Thank you for finding my son's lion & understanding that children do not always sleep well without their "lovies." I would recommend this hotel & restaurant to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad you and your family were able to visit us and found our accommodations so friendly and comfortable. I'm especially glad that your son's "lovie" made it back safely! Thanks again for reviewing us and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel due to a convention and enjoyed my stay here very much. The room was nice and clean. nice sharp picture flat screen tv and the bed was very comfortable.
This hotel is right across the street from shopping area (Old Orchard), restaurants (thai, Portillos, IHop, grocery store (Jewel) and a host of other stores. The restaurant situated next to the lobby area (Jamesons char house) has a nice atmosphere and great food. Look for Ubi the manager- he is a great host.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us during your convention. I'm also glad you got to meet Ubi, you are correct he is a great host! Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to review your stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
new jersey
Reviewed January 26, 2013

First time at this hotel, I am a Hilton Member, found that the lobby was very nice clean and modern, the desk reception was very help and as always fresh cookies .I stayed on he first floor and it was a please not to wait for a elevator. I will change my on my Hilton Honors to lower floor. The room was very clean and neat. .The next time I will come back here again and ask for 1 st floor

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DoubletreeHalley, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a nice review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay including the fresh and warm cookies, comfortable room and friendly staff. We look forward to your next stay!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have needed accommodations twice in Skokie and chose to stay here both times. Once again our second visit was exceptional and perfect. The staff is friendly, efficient and immediately handled any needs. Comfortable, clean rooms for two families in adjoining rooms. Our grandchildren loved the stay here. We will return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I'm so glad you found us consistently excellent. We strive to impress all of our guests with warm hospitality and by providing the comforts they value when traveling. We do have an abundance of adjoining rooms and are perfectly suited for families. Thank you for visiting us and we look forward to having you back as our guests soon!
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Would highly recommend this location to colleagues, family and friends who may be traveling to the area. Nicholas (bartender) is an asset to the property as he always remembers your drink and provides solid recommendations off the dining menu. Rosie at the front desk is very helpful and received a courtesy call inquiring if there was anything that I needed during my stay. The Housekeeping Staff is always polite and friendly when passing throughout the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I'm so glad that you were able to interact with our wonderful staff. We know and value the impact that our wonderful employees like Rosy, Nicholas and our housekeeping staff can have on our guests and are so glad you felt their warm hospitality. I'm so happy you recommend our hotel and truly appreciate you sharing your comments with the world.
Illinois
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I love your Hotel. Everyone is so nice and helpful.The location is wonderful. I can walk to Jewel Osco, and Bonefish Grill to eat, they have a gluten free menu. and Old Orchard Center has lots to see and do, and a movie theater.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you so much for such a nice review! I'm glad you enjoy our hotel as well as it's location around several convenient shops and amenities. We truly appreciate your patronage and thank you for your business.
Mundelein, Illinois, United States
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Great service. The staff is always efficient and pleasant. The location is great for the near north suburbs of Chicago. You can walk to many locations and the hotel does have a bus. I have used this hotel for business meetings and for personal use. I always recommend it to out of town visitors looking for a hotel in that area.

Room Tip: Great location. You can walk to so many places.