Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
$155
$221
$179
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
All reviewsbar louiethe holiday innthe wait staffchicago north shoreshort driveexercise roomangiedowntownconferenceexpressway
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Do not relay on front desk staff to convey ACCURATE AND IMPORTANT information regarding the CTA schedule for the Skokie Swift. When we asked what time the last yellow line train left Howard for Skokie we were told twice that the trains ran all night. When we asked again one of the front desk people finally looked up the train schedule and the last yellow line train from Howard to Skokie was at 10:45pm. We would have been stranded at Howard and facing an expensive taxi ride back to Skokie if we had not inquired further. We booked a room for 4 adults and both nights we had to ask for additional towels and cups as the room was only stocked for 2 people. Room was small but over sized furniture and TV made it even smaller. We will not stay at this hotel again or recommend it to anyone. VERY OVERPRICED for this type of service.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank helmlinger
vrizzo, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2011

Thank you very much for your review! As the Front Office Manager of the Holiday Inn North Shore, I am very concerned with addressing your experience and making necessary changes. People want "Accurate Information and sufficient amenities for the amount of guests” and expect it from a full service hotel. You are right to call us on this big miss! I have made a lot of changes and more are on the way so that you can expect “Accurate Information and sufficient amenities for the amount of guests “every time. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better our services.

I would like you to come back and give us a try. You can email me at vrizzo@hiskokie.com so that I may respond directly to you. Thank you again for your comments!

Vince Rizzo
Front Office Manager

Reviewed October 25, 2010

I booked this room through Southwest Vacations and paid extra for the executive suite. I'm not sure what they mean by executive but our room looked like the typical Holiday Inn room but that was not the problem. When we first arrived we were put in a room that faced a brick wall, when I say faced I mean literally the wall was like 2-3 ft from the window. I couldn't believe they would put a guest were there was NO LIGHT coming in from the outside. The room was dark with the lights on at 4:30pm . Why would they think that anyone would want to face a wall for two nights. I did go back to the front desk & was given a new room with no problem but I was just amazed that they thought I would want a room like that.
The hotel does have a great bar/restaurant and the pool is nice. The weight room is a joke & charging to use the computer is tacky since I know other Holiday Inns offer this service for free and the WiFi is awful. OK hotel since it was near family but the next time I think I will stay at the Hampton Inn...free breakfast, free computers(3) and free cookies

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your honest appraisal of your visit with us. I am sorry we failed to exceed your expectations. Your feedback is very helpful in allowing us to stay abreast of the guest experience. I would love to receive feedback on how we can better our fitness center to meet the needs of our “Every Day Heroes”, those who spend more time in hotels than at their homes. We do hope you will have an opportunity to come back. Thank you again for your business. Please contact me if I may be of any assistance!

Vince Rizzo
Front Office Manager
vrizzo@hiskokie.com

Reviewed October 19, 2010

A little loud, and a little creepy-feeling, but good enough lodging, especially at priceline rates.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I loved our recent trip to Chicago. All except the hotel that we stayed at. When you first arrive the front lobby is beautiful, but that does not translate into the rooms at all. We were put in a room that had to of been a cheep motel at one time, that looked like the only 'updates' they had done to our section of the hotel was to paint the doors and change the linens. Neither my friend or I had a good nights sleep the entire time we were there. We were woken by a false fire alarm, and when calling the front desk after leaving the room, had someone blurt out rudely on the other line that it was a false alarm. No apologies. The rest of the trip we were woken either by the people talking in the halls, which sounded like they were next to your bed, or the man in the next room coughing, or his alarm going off early in the morning. One night, when we attempted to use our cards to get to the back door we found that they were inactivated. I was told that there was something in my wallet that deactivated the cards, even through it was put in the exact same spot as the other three days, again no apologies.

We ordered our hotel through priceline so we saved quite a bit of money. Was it because of this that we received such poor service? If that is the case then do not post/advertise on sites such as priceline or hotwire. Felt like third class the entire time we were there. I went to use the 'gym facilities' two almost broken treadmills, and one slightly working treadmill and was disgusted. There was no air in the room and nothing else other then a 1' x 2.5' mat and 4 weights. The room itself was smaller then my kitchen at home.

The only thing that I can say that isn't negative was the cleaning staff. They were always friendly when we passed in the hall and did the best cleaning that they could with the run down rooms.

Just disgusting and old, in much need of renovations. Would not ever go back even for free.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed September 24, 2010

We came in for a long weekend, and have had nothing but the best from the Staff! Joe was extremely helpful in checking us in! After one night we wanted to switch to a king size bed and the asst. manager Nicole went completely out of her way in order to accommodate us. After have stayed in numerous hotels, we have never had such amazing service from any hotel staff. They have gone above and beyond and that has made the stay even better.

Thank you again for such an amazing stay, we look forward to coming back in the very near future! It is now our Chicago hotel!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple