“Good location”

Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Reviewed August 20, 2010

The hotel is in a safe neighbourhood and commuting into Chicago is easy. Avoid bus transit, take either cab or park at the skokie station and travel by rail into the downtown. Clean rooms, pool was average size and is in the centre of hotel. Overall a nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 11, 2010

We had to stay here due to a car incident that happened on I90W. The entire staff is great. Rooms are extremely clean and updated! Big BONUS for me, Bath & Body Works Bathing Products. The Restuarant and Bar staff are fun too!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2010

we stayed at this hotel for two nights. it was in a nice location. the hotel only had one problem. the a/c didn't work right. the first night there was no a/c at all in the hotel at all. the second night the a/c was working better. in the room the a/c wasn't working that goood at all. the hotel would be nice if the weather wasn't hot and humid. when we arrived our first room was right by the pool but the room smelled. we switched rooms and it was nice. they have a really nice place to eat right in front of the hotel. it is about twenty minutes from downtown without traffic. parking was free which was nice. we used hotwire.com and this was the hotel they pick for us. it was 46 dollars a night for us.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2010

This Holiday Inn is very close to family so I like to stay here. The mattress is great. The room is quite nice and the staff very friendly, helpful and responded very quickly. Air conditioning in my room didn't work and they switched my room in less than 5 minutes. Needed help with my luggage due to recent surgery and response was immediate. Given coupons for breakfast for being a platinum member and the breakfast selection was very good.
Overall, very pleased again and will stay here again when in visiting family despite the fact that I think it is a bit over priced. For me, the location is perfect but a private car is pretty much a must to stay at this hotel if you need to get around the area.
Restaurant has delicious food that is reasonably priced and excellent service.
Only major problem for me was the wireless internet. I did call front desk several times to tell them that internet connection was very, very slow. They said they would call the provider. I told them that from my extensive travel experience, the problem is that the hotel does not have enough bandwidth for all the people that are using their laptops in their rooms and that they need to increase the bandwidth. They called the internet company and had the company call me back only to tell me what I already told the hotel manager....that there is not enough bandwidth.
Other than that keep up the good work and I'll be back...but do all the business people that stay here a big favor....increase your bandwidth to provide a quick internet connection for those of us dependent on it for our living.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Our group had 3 non-smoking rooms. All 3 smelled of smoke, especially in the bathrooms. I couldn't plug the bathroom sink because the pull lever was jammed against the mirror and so was useless - big disadvantage if you wear contact lenses! They were a little stingy with towels, but cheerfully gave us more on request. I can't recommend the bar drinks - expensive and mixed drinks not very good.

On the positive side, the neighborhood is good and there's a nice little park right behind the motel. There are several places to eat breakfast within close walking distance. I found the rooms to be clean and the beds comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I was at first taken back by the 2 gentlemen running the counter. They were business like and not much personality. Meaning they were dry and seemed unwilling to help in any way that required their assistance. So I check into the room, and on the way to it the hall way was as hot as hades! Thinking the room couldnt be much better I decided to atleast TRY to make it work. After messing with the AC and pulling the curtains shut and looking for any other way, I decided to call front desk. One of the 2 gentlemen answered and was again seemingly busy and was abrupt in his response. After waiting some time I was pleased to meet with Gary the head of security. The irony is that customer service people (ie FRONT DESK) are generally the happy and helpful type, and security guards are more business in there communication. This situation proved opposite in many ways. Gary quickly assessed the issue and had them give me a different room, upgraded even and was adamant about making sure I had everything I needed. I was overall pleased with my stay after getting past checkin and the heat issue. But I was not wanting to let the front desk feel they could be rude and not hear about it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I stayed here for two nights when I was on a business trip. The business center was awful-they actually charge you to access the internet and to print. I've never seen a hotel charge for business center services before. I ended up having to spend $30 in the business center to get my work done. The service was terrible as well and the rooms definitely needed better soundproofing. I might as well have stayed in a hostel. In fact, hostels at least don't charge for internet access or printing and have nice, helpful staff. Nice and helpful are definitely not two words I would use to describe the staff here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
3 mi away
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago North Shore - Niles
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)? Share your experiences!