“Great Bar and Grill”

Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Bar and Grill”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Bar Louie in the hotel lobby is a great place to grab a drink and a bite to eat. I had outstanding service and awesome food there recently. Creisse the bartender was charming, personable, and great at her job. I never had to wait to get a drink or order food. If you're staying at this hotel or in the area you definitely have to stop by the Bar Louie for good food and drinks.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for sharing the positive comments about our Bar Louie and the customer service you received from our bartender Chressie. We strive to provide personal service to every guest and I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again the next time at our property.
Mirza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
Menominee, Michigan
Reviewed February 8, 2014

When Priceline said that I was going to a Holiday Inn I was relieved that it was going to be good. But when I got to this place, I was shocked to see and began to wonder how the people at Corporate Holiday Inn approved this place to run as a Holiday Inn. I have stayed at quite a few Holiday Inns all over the country and this was no where close to even one. This is like an old motel with a new name badge. I have seen better motels than these.
The room does not have a wardrobe. The ironing board is left on a wall in the bathroom. The AC is one of the older versions. Yes, 'older'.
The coffee machine in the room just keeps dripping the moment from when you pour water in it. There were four condiment pack in the basket. Two of them were half used with just a sugar and dairy whitener packet and no stirrer and clearly some had used it prior. Disgusting!

The staff at the check-in was not professional at all. The frontdesk lady at the time of check-in,Amy, was cold. Not friendly at all. The only saving grace was Linda who was at the desk at check out.
There was snow the day prior to my arrival however the parking lot was covered in snow and by the time you get out the car and to the lobby, you have walked through a lot of snow and slush and your shoes and socks are wet and cold.It would have been really appreciable if you would at least clear a path for walking and salt the front porch. I slipped and almost fell more than once.
In short, the management seems to be cutting corners wherever they can to make a few extra cents while compromising heavily on the customer satisfaction. Corporate Holiday inn is making a big mistake and would ruin their brand.
People who read this, please do yourself a favor. Avoid this place. Not close to a three star brand AT ALL!!!

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor because you would be disturbed significantly by people walking around and at t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
I like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us regards to your experience. You are a valuable guest to us and we never want to jeopardize the way you feel about our property. Your candid comments and feedback are greatly appreciated. I am sorry that your experience with room, front desk and facilities was less than what you expected. We strive to ensure every guest experience to their utmost satisfaction, and it is obvious we did not meet those expectations. I will ensure that proper support will be given in the future. You may have other options, but please allow me to assure you, we are committed to service, it is the only way to differentiate Holiday Inn from the competition. Please accept my apologies, and give us another opportunity.
Mirza

Travelers are raving about these Skokie hotels

Oak Park
Reviewed January 26, 2014

from the looks of the interior, this must have been a MOTEL converted into a hotel, you can tell by the outside facing rooms. Upon check in I was told the king size beds were overbooked and there was not enough. They offered to give me a "cooler" room(mid January???)....wrong choice! I could have sworn I saw a penguin in the room overnight just to give you an idea of how "cooler" the room was. Overall the room amenities were not up to par. The only thing that was nice was the television/quality.

Room Tip: rooms on fourth floor and avoid an "outside corridor" room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Vincent B
Mirza B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
I like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us regards to your experience. You are a very valuable guest to us and we never want to jeopardize the way you feel about our hotel. I am sorry that your experience with room was less than you expected. I will ensure that proper support will be given in the future. Please accept my apologies and give us another opportunity.
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I would just like to say DOROTA...I TRULY LOVE YOUR HOSPITALITY! She took extra good care of me and checked me into my room. Thank you soo much and I love the service as well, stepped out to Bar louies for a bite to eat and a few drinks. The music and food was superb" kudos to the chefs" did have a beautiful experience there and will be back soon (Ya hear that Julian) Lol looking forward to seeing when's reggae night!!! Hit me up with the into. So I can pass it on. Yup the entire Hotel has me and my family and friends Votes--Thanks again MS.DOROTA !!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for such a great review of our hotel as well as the great compliments about our staff. It truly means a lot to us when I read reviews like yours and hear about the great experiences you shared with us. I will pass your feedback on to our team and let them know how good of a job they are doing. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and had a great week.
ohio
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We used points to get a free room here and were well treated. Platinum members get a coupon for a free buffet breakfast or $8 off any other breakfast. Because we were traveling with two young children whose breakfasts were free with ours, we paid $11 for the four of us to eat the buffet. Considering we had paid $17 to eat breakfast at McDonalds the day before, that was a good deal. I would not say that the buffet was fabulous, but it was way more than adequate, having scrambled eggs (not runny, thank God), French toast, potato pebbles, sausage and bacon, two kinds of fruit, two kinds of pastry, orange juice, and cereals. The room I was not so crazy about. There were two double beds. What is it about Chicago Holiday Inns and double beds?? The hotel has a large pool and is convenient to the airport. Priority members get close up parking. The first row in an L-shape is all priority members. We also got a coupon for 1,000 points the next time we stay there. I would have to say that the hotel is slightly down at heels. There are very dirty chairs in the halls. The elevator carpeting is long overdue for a change, etc. It's not terrible but is is a little in need of refurbishment.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Vianey R, Front Office Supervisor at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Yearbook1,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore and for your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us. We truly do value your loyalty as an IHG Reward member and we are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay. We are also glad to hear that you found our breakfast selection adequate to your family preference and that you were able to enjoy the pool and location. We take your comments seriously and we will be sharing them with the appropriate department to have the areas you mention inspected to ensure we are providing quality accommodations. We hope you can provide us with a second opportunity and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore.
Best wishes,
Vianey R
Front Office Supervisor
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Hi, my is Tamera. I called this location to confirm my reservation. & had to get documents faxed a & back and the guest service rep. lady by the name of Linda was super nice. She was extremely helpful, patient and a breath of fresh air. Her customer service was excellent. thank you Linda I really appreciate it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Vianey R, Front Office Supervisor at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Tamera C,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your lovely comments. Linda is an outstanding customer service representative and we are extremely happy that she was able to assist you. We have shared your comments with her and we hope to continue serving you. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn and we look forward to your next visit.
Happy Holidays,
Vianey Rodriguez
Front Office Supervisor
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My first visit to this hotel was for a 5 night stay on a business trip to Evanston. I was very pleased with my hotel choice. From the excellent check in experience to the spacious, well kept room I had no real complaints.

I liked:
- Amazing front desk staff. The check in process couldn't have been better. Fast, friendly, helpful.
- Top notch housekeeping. No small detail missed.
- Spacious room with an amazingly firm and comfortable bed. Lots of pillows. Fridge and microwave. Lots of electrical outlets for the iron, laptop and phone charger.
- Great common amenities. Business center, fitness room, lounge and restaurant, etc.
- Convenient location to freeways, restaurants, shopping, etc.

I didn't like:
- mediocre water pressure. That is a hard one to overcome.
- Dated breakfast menu that truly lacked imagination. Have you not heard of healthy choices?

I would gladly stay in this property again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Liliana V, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn North Shore at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your excellent experience at the Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore Skokie.

We are so glad that you find the accommodations and check in experience up to your expectations, assuring that our team members here intend to keep it that way and improve further on a daily basis.

In the other hand your feedback in regards the water pressure and food selection has been forwarded to our related departments for a better opportunity to improve our service in the future.

With best regards,

Liliana Valdez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago North Shore - Niles
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)? Share your experiences!