“Weird set-up, nice rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)

Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Skokie
Madison, WI
“Weird set-up, nice rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a strange layout for a hotel, my room had no windows at all. The interior surrounds a pool and a few shops. The room smells fine, but the general area smells of chlorine. There is a wonderful restaurant right next store that sells all kinds of ethnic food and diner table.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Jenn_in_Wisconsin
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Jenn_in_Wisconsin,

Thank you for your candid review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Arrived late on a Saturday, and a large school reunion was in full swing. A staff member on a golf cart showed me where to park in the jammed car park.

Having read mixed reviews, I had mailed ahead to request a quiet room. I received a prompt reply and assured that my stay would be comfortable. I was not disappointed. The room was excellent - I've paid 3 or 4 times more for a lesser room. It was immaculately clean, as was the bathroom. Well equipped for a 3*, and only a slight fan noise from the dual AC/heater unit spoilt the overall effect.

Initially had problems connecting to the wifi with my Mac (no problems with an Android phone). The IT specialist persevered until this was solved. He was like the rest of the staff; eager to please and clearly well trained in client relations.

Having been around the world several times, and experienced all sorts of accommodation, I do wonder where the critical reviews come from. Yes, the Holiday Inn Skokie is a little old and dated, with 'battle scars' and signs of good use, but it offers a good nights rest, caring staff, and overall excellent value for money. If the rest of my trip brings accommodation of a similar level, I will be extremely happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 4 storey tower on the road side (away from the pool)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bobbybooker
Dexter, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We are Priority Club Members. However, I didn't check in as a club member. I wanted to see the difference in service. The parking would have been a little better if I had told them. However, the service could not have been better. The staff was curtious and helpful. The ladies working the breakfast were awsome. Welcoming, friendly. I wish I could remember the name of the lady who actually waited on my table everydayt so I could give her full credit here. Of all the Holiday Inns I have stayed at, this one is by far my favorite. I plan staying here again soon.
KC Colvin

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KC C
Chilhowie, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed here one night but had a great stay. The hotel was in a safe area. Property was clean, well kept, and looked like it had been updated recently. Rooms were large and comfortable. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Jacob E
Muskego, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just stayed one night as me and a friend were running in a 1/2 marathon just north of downtown. We chose this hotel as it was cheaper than anything downtown and we didn't have to pay the $25-$30 parking fee the other hotel charged. It was right off the freeway and was a short drive the next morning. Staff at check in were very pleaseant. Our room was very clean with two double beds. They had four pillows on each bed with two different firmness of pillows which were labeled. Usually don't sleep very well the first night away but slept pretty good that night. Ate dinner at the restaurant there that night which was good and reasonable. We ending up spinning a wheel at check in and ending up getting two $10.00 vouchers for breakfast. I guess when the hotel is more crowded they have a buffet that I believe costs about $10.00. As it was not near capacity we had to order off the menu and the vouchers covered our breakfast which also was quit good and reasonably priced. I would definatly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank BONZ516
Roswell, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

There was nothing real bad or good about this hotel. One night I stayed in a room that was not in the towers and the room needed a complete overhaul. I also didn't feel safe in that area. I got a room in the towers that was roomier but still needed updating. The screws on the lock were loose and the hook to hand a robe or towels was broken off in the bathroom.

There is only one elevator which needs a good cleaning. When I checked in on a Sunday evening, there was only one person working the front desk and a few people were in front of me so it took awhile to get checked in.

The restaurant has a good selection of food and the servers were very nice.

Just an average hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Adam U, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, February 12, 2013
First of all, i would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our property. We appreciate all comments and reviews as it is one of the main things we take into account in order to improve our property. I truly apologize about the issues you had with the room. We will be looking into these issues and hope you give us another chance the next time your in town.

Travelers are raving about these Skokie hotels

Franklin Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Our club had its annual Holiday Party in a banquet room on Saturday. The staff was fantastic and took care of even the smallest of needs. They were most courteous and friendly, quick and helpful. Many of our group stayed 1 or 2 nights. The rooms were comfortable and every need was met. Staff was kind enough to place most of us on the same floor close together. We totally enjoyed the pool, hot tub and exercise room. I did not see (nor ask about) a game room for the kids.
We had some issues with the restaurant within the hotel, Bar Louie's. They kept good hours, but were a little above average on prices. The food, however, was excellent. The wait staff was helpful and friendly, although a bit overwhelmed by the number of people in our group for dinner Friday and breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. The group was disappointed that the restaurant manager did not assist his staff or offer apologies.
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for banquet facilities and overnight stays, but I might go out for dinner if the weather is decent. There are plenty of places nearby.

Room Tip: They have a smoking wing of rooms. Great for those who smoke, but if you do not smoke I would make...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Adam U, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review of our property, and recognize our staff. I apologize for any issues you may have had at the Bar Louie. I will take this up with the manager that evening and make sure your concenrs are addressed. We look forward to hosting your event again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skokie
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Skokie
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)? Share your experiences!