Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie)
$164
AscendHotels
  • Breakfast included
$159
  • Pool
All reviewsbar louiethe holiday innthe wait staffchicago north shoreshort driveexercise roomangiedowntownconferenceexpressway
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Well I booked on priceline. When I got there it was a monday. The parking lot was swamped. Finding parking took forever. But can't really complain it is free. Well as soon as I get inside I see a bunch of business people walking everywhere. As I approached the front desk I see this poor girl getting yelled over parking. Like seriously you guys its not her fault. If anything yell at the idiots that booked the event and the owners for not making a parking garage. Well as I'm standing there all I'm thinking is wow I would have snapped if I was her.. Then came my turn she was very nice and upgraded me to the "tower" everyone talks about. The room had a window looking the outside. Nice touch I might say. Room very clean. Decent I had no complains. Wifi worked great on my laptop. As I'm walking to the restaurant Bar Louie fantastic food and music I might add. I over hear the manager arguing with a guest over their reservation. Apparently they booked trough priceline. So money is non refundable. So heads up on that people. Moments later in the restaurant I see the manager IN THE BAR! Like I was there for acouple of hours since I met up friends and he was always in there. Talk about irresponsability. Well my stay was very good compared to other people I may add. Check out was fabolous I had an older lady very nice. But if I was them I wouldn't have her standing for too long. She is elderly. Well guys hope my review was helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank angievelasquez
vrizzo, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago North Shore (Skokie), responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Thank you for posting this review and allowing us to address your concern. It is unfortunate that there was a challenge when trying to locate a parking spot. Please be aware that this is a concern of the hotel and we prepare extra parking in advance. All we ask is that you stop by the front desk and we can tell you where to park. Thank you for the kind comment about the girl at the front desk. We have an awesome staff and never do we have to think twice. I would really like to learn more about the employee (manager) who was arguing with a guest and was in Bar Louie all that time. Please email me at your convenience so that we may find out what happened. Please include that date and time of your arrival in your email.

Please email me at vrizzo@hiskokie.com to discuss this further.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

stayed here for one night on a friday for business. room was clean, was a smoke free room but smelled a tad funky. some rooms look out onto an atrium which i didnt really love, i prefer to have a window to the outside world. bed was comfy, clean and the room was nice.

pros: good bar with a killer beer selection
$50 on priceline
free wifi

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

We so happy you enjoyed Bar Louie Skokie, it is awesome to have 30 draft beers and most of them regionally brewed! We do apologize for the smell which you described; we would like to know which room it was so we can find out if it is still an issue. We have several different types of rooms, which serve different people’s needs. Please inform us of your needs at check in the next time so we can give you a room you’ll love. See You Soon!

Stay Awesome,
vrizzo@hiskokie.com

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Stayed here for business....nice place but good have been a bit cleaner. Rooms were comfortable, but not up to Holiday Inn standards in my opinion.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Tom H

Thank you for providing us with your feedback and allowing us to see where we can make improvements. I would like to speak with you so that I can learn more about your stay and what improvements can be made in order for you to LOVE our hotel. We rely on you, our guest, to inform us of what we are doing well and what we can do different. Thank you for using the Holiday Inn for your travel needs. Please contact me at vrizzo@hiskokie.com at you convenience.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

I don't know why all the bad press. After reading the reviews I called the the hotel and spoke with the manager about the bad reviews. He went so far as to going the website and satisfactorily addressing my concerns. Upon our arrival, I found the desk staff, helpful and proffesional. On our way to our room, keeping in mind the reviews, I was checking out the public areas and found them clean and spacious. The lighting was subdued but after driving through a snow storm to get there I found the soft lighting very calming. The pool and hot tub looked clean and inviting but I did not get a chance to take advantage of them. The workout room looked sparse but clean. I liked the fact that there was room service. Many 3 star hotels don't have room service and when you don't want to go out room service is a God-send.

Once in our room I went over it with a fine tooth comb. I cleaned hotel rooms at one time so I knew what to look for. I looked between the mattress and box spring, they were clean. The bathroom smelled and looked clean. There was no sign of dirt, built-up grime, water stains or hair anywhere. The facebowls looked updated. The toilet and bathtub looked older but again the were clean and well maintained. The towels were white, no stains or signs age.

The linens were clean, fresh. The beds were comfortable. The TV was an updated model. The mini-fridge and microwave was clean. The room lighting was fine. The furniture was outdated, but again, it was sturdy and comfortable and unstained. I'll take that over newer and flimsy anyday.

There were a few things that could were inconvevient. The rooms were a bit cramped. We were a party of 4. Me, my husband, and two grandchildren under the age of 8 and we were still crawling over each other. Secondly, you can hear the coming and going of people in the public are. If you want a quieter room, get a room away from the pool on the northside of the building. The clothes rack in the bathroom should be rethought it is inconvenient and the bathroom could use a heat source.

All in all, when I'm in the area again, I will not hesitate to stay there. Great value for the money!!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool on northside of building are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Your compliments of our hotel are much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Hopefully, you and the family plan a trip to see us again from Apple River pretty soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

We stayed as a part of a group on 01-13/01-12. The decorative sheets on the beds had hair all over them, as well one of the pillow cases. When I called the front desk the girl asked me why if we checked in around 3pm we reported the hair in the beds until 6:30pm. Why? Because we were in the room like 5 minutes and went out to have dinner. She said Front Desk Manager will call me. I took forever for him to call us. He apologized, quickly said they were trianing new staff in housekeeping and will talk with Housekeeping Manager(not acceptable excuse) and said housekeeping will brind new pillow cases. I removed decorative sheets and pillow case with hair, just to discover a huge pubic hair on the other sheet. Gross!!!. When I tried to use the business center to find a polish grocery store, well you have to pay to use the internet. Swiped my credit card, mouse froze up, called the desk. Desk supervisor took 10 min. to get there and told me he discourage guests to use the business center. A third party company supplies the interneet service. He added we are not responsible for any charges and told me to call the internet provider to dispute the charges. A $3.00 charge was post to my account. I called this place, no one responded(of course). 2 days later I'm still waiting for someone to call me or the $3.00 charge to be removed. I"m surprise this is a Holiday Inn. The part we stayed look like an old cheap motel that was incorporated into the hotel which resemble a horrible big box. Hallways with cracks areas all over the place. Good point, Joe a very personable young man at the Desk was very attentive when we couldn't find a place to park due to the convention. The hotel doesn't have enough parking spaces to accomodate large conventions.

Room Tip: chose another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Steve M

We do apologize for the housekeeping issues during your stay and will certainly address your concerns with our housekeeping team so we can see where we dropped the ball. I can ensure you that we courage all guests to use our business center. We are currently in the process of installing a free to use business center. If you have yet to receive a refund please email me at vrizzo@hiskokie.com so that I can work with the agency to refund your monies. Again, thank you so much for bringing these matters to our attention so that we can provide better service in the future. Hopefully, you'll consider our hotel in the future and give us another chance to WOW you. See you soon!