“Good Conversation...”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Bus stop out front
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The bartenders (Mike and Greg) were very friendly and good for a conversation. The beers are very reasonably priced for Chicago Area.

1  Thank jayres09

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Bang Bang is absolutely their signiture appetizer - A MUST. Bar scene is great with High Tops and booths. The seperate dining room is comfortable and well decorated but we are here for the food. The fresh fish selection is awesome, but the ways the offer to prepare and the sauces that are offered make the place unique. There are fancier fish restaurants but for the dollar, service, atmosphere very very hard to beat.

1  Thank Craig C
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have been to a number of these restaurants and while this ws fine It wasn't as good as others I have visited. Service was very good and nothing was wrong but I guess my expectations were higher. I'll go back though as I like their menu and prices are reasonable.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Yes, it's a chain, and initially we were impressed with our waiter (who shall remain nameless, as I want to think of the flaws as unusual), who demonstrated a very thorough knowledge of both the regular menu and the specials, responding to our questions about varieties of fish that were unfamiliar to us.

I suppose our experience reinforces the lesson about not praising too soon before all of the work is done, as the waiter didn't even notice that one of our appetizer salads hadn't come to the table--despite passing by and glancing at the table when three of us had salads and one of us didn't. (We eventually corralled him and pointed it out.)

We were also somewhat surprised--and displeased--when we checked the bill: One of us had deliberately ordered a bowl of soup and the appetizer crab cakes as dinner. The waiter very casually asked if our friend wanted a vegetable side with the crab cakes, to which our friend said "oh, ok, yes." So, instead of being charged for the appetizer portion, we were charged for the full dinner. Ouch! Might have been nice to be warned about that, since our friend had discussed with the waiter his deliberate choice about an appetizer and that it would be enough food with the lobster bisque.

In addition to the good crab cakes, one of us had tilapia (judged to be excellent); swordfish( ditto); and the shrimp-scallops plate. Everything was very good and well-prepared, with a variety of toppings from which to choose.

The four of us also shared two excellent desserts: creme brulee and coconut custard pie. These were also very well prepared and tasty.

While we might go back again (to reiterate: the food was very good), I think we'll try to be a bit wary and less trusting when we order.

1  Thank Grmpmbl
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I hosted a 20 person team dinner at Bonefish and we had a great meal in a pleasant atmosphere. I have eaten at other Bonefish restaurants and the quality of food and service has always been great. I was thrilled that I had the same experience here, even with a large group.

Been to Bonefish Grill - Skokie? Share your experiences!