“Gorgeous golf course and fun but challenging!”
Review of TPC Deere Run

TPC Deere Run
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Silvis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: TPC Deere Run is a Championship 18 hole golf course and host to the PGA TOUR's John Deere Classic. The course is nextled atop a bluff overlooking the Rock river and the property is steeped in history, from Indian tribes, coal mine operations, and Arabian horse breeding. The golf course is playable for level of expertise based on the 5 sets of tees. The golf course is spectacular and the service is exceptional.
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Went here today with my husband and he played 18 holes and I went along for the ride. Beautiful golf course, super friendly staff, and great dining! He wanted to play the course after watching the John Deere tournament last weekend so we took the drive and checked it out. Clubhouse is great...there is a pro shop, dining and very clean restrooms. Would be a wonderful location for a wedding. Called ahead and asked if I could ride along and they were very accommodating and said it wasn't a problem. Started on the back 9 (most likely cause they were tearing down the stands from the PGA tournament which was really neat to see still up from a few days ago). There a gorgeous views from every hole...course is very well maintained though some parts were hard to find the ball in the thick grass. Husbands advice-greens a very fast...lots of lost balls (and found a bunch in the grass that were well hidden and probably frustrated a golfer or two earlier that day!) Anyone who is more than a rookie should try out this course. Stay for lunch or dinner too! We had a great late lunch in the clubhouse (get the Parmesan chips!!) and excellent service by the waiter. Love this course and will return next season!

Best advice...if it rains bring lots of bug spray...the Mosquitos and gnats were awful and my husband and the others rushed the game in the end cause it got so bad!

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

If your looking for a challenge this is the golf course for you. TPC is home to John Deer Classic on the PGA tour. I played it a week ago and it was fun
Humbling but very fun. Well kept and gorgeous layout with the Rock river run in next to it. Staff was great and very friendly.

Recommend for outing with friends or great to impress business partners.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have been here for both the John Deere Classic and to play. It's really easy to get to and really an enjoyable place to see the pro's play. Its really beautiful there. Trees, the Rock River along #16, just awesome. I have played it a few times as well. It's tough but not impossible. It is my favorite course that I have played. I can't to play it again this year.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I played TPC Deere Run in August this year. I had seen it on television but that did not do it justice. It was challenging in that it had a lot of bunkers and difficult greens, but the fairways were generous and I found the course playable. A key is probably to play the correct set of tees for your ability. I am a senior, with a handicap index of about 15. We played the White tees at a yardage of 5990 and I didn't feel overwhelmed even though it is a course played by the pros in a televised PGA tournament. It was a fun experience.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Very friendly staff, reasonable rates from 2:00 on - $59 for 9 w/cart, or $69 for 18 w/cart. Challenging course, but worth the effort. Great food and friendly service in the clubhouse grille. Great way to break up a long road trip.