“Close to St. louis”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shiloh
Decatur, Illinois
“Close to St. louis”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had an enjoyable stay with another Holiday Inn Express. However, my greeting and check-in was quite different here, it was quick and to the point. Not at all personable. The employee did not smile. ( Didn't get his name). I did receive a free gift for being a priority club member but would rather have had better customer service. Outside of the elevator and the surrounding hallway could use some work. The rooms seem clean and were spacious. The beds were to too hard. I awoke to back spasms. I wouldnt let my daughter use the pool. I didn't feel it was clean. The water was very cloudy. Breakfast was good, nice assortment of foods.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kamber S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Shiloh / O'Fallon, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Gale050,
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay with us. Our front desk agents are usually very friendly and we were definitely glad that you decided to stay with us. We apologize for the discomfort that you experienced while trying to sleep. Some people prefer more firm matresses and some people find them uncomfortable so it can be dificult to find a happy medium. I understand your concern about the cloudiness of the pool but I can assure you it is very clean. The cloudiness is due to the color of the water in the area. The pool is cleaned on a daily basis and we are inspected to make sure that the right chemicals are kept in it at all times.
We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and the layout of the rooms.Your feedback is greatly appreciated. It is always nice to hear when we are doing a good job and also the areas that we can improve on. We hope that you will stay with us again for your future travel needs.
Kamber Seay
(Director of Sales)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Zama, Japan
Reviewed March 15, 2013

After looking around for a while for hotels, and having not much luck, because I didn't like the looks of them, we settled on this one. I was not expecting much. Wen we arrived, though, I was pleasantly surprised! The entrance and rooms were clean and new looking. The room had plenty of space, and a nice little refrigerator and microwave. I just can't get over how clean and nice it was. I wanted to stay here longer! I was also surprised to find a full complimentary breakfast in the morning! Waffles, cinnamon buns, yogurt, fruit, coffee, etc. I would stay here again, if it wasn't for the fact I have family in the area!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bandacarnes,
Thank you very much for your positive review! It is always wonderful to hear when we are doing a good job. Our staff greatly appreciates your comments. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Thank you!
Kamber
Bolingbrook, Illinois
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I visit this hotel often for work. During this visit, the two ladies at the desk during my check-in were very pleasant and helpful. Kel Hastings was the person who checked me in on that evening. The ladies helped me find the nearest car wash and i also received a free gift for being a priority club member.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear nerrak4,
Thank you very much for your review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing us to satisfy your travel needs. The gift bags are just a small token of our appreciation for you being a priority club member.
Kamber
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Booked a three day stay at the beginning of my son' s Christmas break. We enjoyed the pool, spa, and exercise room. We had a double- queen suite on the 2nd floor. Not impressed with not having a view. The hotel's awning blocked all view of interstate 64. Staff was friendly. The breakfast offerings were quite tasty. We enjoyed delivery food and were able to eat in the "breakfast - common room" area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kamber S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Shiloh / O'Fallon, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Christine G,
Thank you for staying with us. We greatly appreciate your comments! Be sure to mention that you would like a different view next time and we will make sure that you are taken care of. I hope that you will stay with us again. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites.
Holiday Inn Express, O'Fallon, IL
Winnipeg
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a few times as a stop during our road trip and have always had a great experience. Location is a quick stop off the Interstate. Staff is always cheerful. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great.

Dear InsightReview,
We greatly appreciate your positive comments. Thank you for telling us what you enjoyed about your stay. We certainly appreciate your business and hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites!
Holiday Inn Express, Shiloh IL
Chicagoland, IL
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have stayed here twice while visiting family, and will definitely stay again! The staff was incredibly friendly and went above-and-beyond. When the cleaning staff realized that our 2-year old and 4-year old enjoyed writing on the notepad in the room, they left extra notepads and pens. When I asked if we could have a late check-out so the kids could nap before we left, they told us we could stay until 2. We planned to meet up with family elsewhere and when that didn't work out, the staff told us we could use the lounge (it was a quiet Sunday afternoon). So we had 15 people opening Christmas gifts and eating cake there. In addition, the breakfast was delicious and convenient. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Oh, and it's a good value! We booked our first night with Expedia and the second through the hotel directly. When we booked through the hotel, it was $3 cheaper. I would recommend calling them before booking through another site.

1 Thank Simps01
Kamber S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Shiloh / O'Fallon, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Simps01,
Thank you so much for your review! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the lounge worked our for you when your other plans fell through. We really value your opinion and look forward to seeing you back at the hotel again soon!
Kamber Seay
Henrico, Virginia, United States
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I arrived after a 13 hour drive from Virginia to a large, clean and comfortable room. Another plus was the receptionist's great attitude. Breakfast was excellent. The location is excellent (Lots of places to shop and eat). Close to St. Clair Mall and St. Louis, Missouri as well. I would recommend this place to my associates, family and friends.

Carolita Green

Room Tip: I had an end room on the second floor and it was a decent size with very little traffic heard in th...