“How Disappointing”

Cuisines: American
Carmi, Illinois
“How Disappointing”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Let me preface by saying that Cracker Barrel has always been my favorite on-the-road restaurant. The 'country store' ambience, the food and the service have always been a treat for the kids and a stop to look forward to. How disappointed we were by this one. Although seated quickly, we sat and waited for a full 20 minutes while waitresses bustled around us. Every once in a while, one would glance in our direction but that was the extent of it. Just as we were about to leave, a young lady approached the table to ask if we'd been served by the waitress assigned to our area. We told her, 'no,' and that we were about to leave due to the amount of time we'd been waiting. She immediately apologized and took our drink orders. 2 minutes later, the manager came and apologized as well. OK, we're placated. Then came the food... the biscuits were undercooked, eggs overcooked, the gravy was coagulated and tasteless. Food temperature was tepid at best. Have to write this one off...

• Visited August 2012

“Went in for pancakes...”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stopped in for breakfast after my flight. My family ordered everything from pancakes to bisquits and gravy to eggs and sausage with grits. This restaurant was not what I remember. The gravy and grits were cool and lacking of any flavor. The sausages tasted of smoky wood and the eggs were overcooked for sunny up. The best part was the stack of pancakes. They were warm and tasty. Not sure why service wasn't up to par. It was 10am on a Monday. It was not crowded. I do not believe i will be frequenting this place any time soon. Sorry you have lost my business.

Scott Air Force Base, IL
“Always A Good Choice For A Good Meal”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I frequent Cracker Barrel rather often and I experience a good meal and good service on very visit... I love the fact that you can get some good breakfast food at any time that they are open...

I also enjoy their specials that they have from time to time... Especially the Shrimp and Grits

This is truly an enjoyable place, from the rocking chairs on the front porch to the fireplace in the dining room...

• Visited June 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Enjoyed the decorations and feel inside. There was a fire going, which gave the air a nice smell and made it more quaint. Food was ok, though, nothing to shout from the rooftops, but the kids liked their meal and we all had our bellies full by the end of it.

Visited February 2012
Columbia, Missouri
“Good food, decent service - typically Cracker Barrel”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We arrived shortly before 6:00am and they opened promptly. Biscuits & gravy were really good as usual. I also had bacon & scrambled eggs. Eggs were good, but bacon was a little over cooked. Service was good, but nothing special.

• Visited June 2011