“Beautiful Home, Beautiful Owners, & Beautiful Stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sherman
The Flagg Farmstead
Ranked #1 of 1 Sherman B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 17, 2013

When we arrived I was so excited to see such a lovely place and after going inside I was even more impressed. I did have an uncomfortable moment when I realized that I had booked a room on the second floor. I think that I had fallen in love with the pictures and information about the place and had forgotten one of the rules that I try to always use, NEVER ON A 2ND FLOOR OR ABOVE UNLESS THERE IS AN ELEVATOR. My friend, that I travel with is 83 years old and has had two knee replacements so usually I just eliminate anything that doesn't have rooms on the first floor. But I Goofed. However Doug and Rosalie were so accommodating that it turned out just fine.
Doug had a take a seat in the parlor and he filled us in on the history of the house as well as other interesting stories, while my friend rested, then he took care of our luggage and had us all taken care of in no time.
We stayed for two nights and Rosalie helped us find places to eat and things to see, that is, after fixing fabulous breakfasts while Doug served us in their, out of this world, dining room. The grounds are just as fantastic as the house, the peace and quiet is so welcome and soothing. I hope that we can return someday just to enjoy Flagg Farmstead!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had a very nice time at Flagg Farmstead. Rooms and property are beautiful, innkeepers great, breakfast great and the location can't be beat. Super close to Springfield and lots of golf courses in the area. We especially enjoyed the front porch for reading and a glass of wine. Would highly recommend and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We so enjoyed our stay in the Lincoln Room. The Bed and Breakfast is absolutely beautiful with wonderful decor, high ceilings and large windows. Doug and Rosalie warmly welcomed us and gave us info on the things to see in Springfield. The bed was very comfortable and the room is very spacious. We had a delicious breakfast and Doug and Rosalie were very accommodating for my food allergies. We so enjoyed our stay and will certainly recommend the Flagg Farmstead to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed in the Lincoln Room which was a beautiful sunny room. Doug greeted us at our car and gave us a history of the property. He also helped us with our luggage which was very appreciated since the steps to the second floor are narrow. The breakfasts were delicious and the perfect size. The Flagg Farmstead is the perfect location for viewing all the Lincoln sights in Springfield. We would highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy180
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We recently stayed in the Cornelius Flagg room at the Flagg Farmstead. We were there 5 nights for our Land of Lincoln vacation. Doug and Rosalie (the owners) were fantastic hosts. They were warm and friendly. We enjoyed our stay very much and recommend it to others!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robin S
Reviewed May 17, 2013

On a long tourist road trip full of nice hotels and motels, we (my wife and I) made a change to a B&B at this very nice establishment. I am sorry we stayed only one night. Places like this really need more than one night to appreciate and become immersed in. Nonetheless, the experience was great. We stayed in the Sarah Flagg room, a nicely appointed room with very nice private bath. The house is furnished with quite a few nice antique pieces but also quite a lot of newer practical furniture. It was easy just to lounge around the parlors and not feel we we were going to damage an antique. Watching the sunset from the front porch was very nice. The owners arranged for the included Lincoln Museum tickets to be picked up at the museum on the morning of our arrival day. Restaurant recommendations were put to good use. Breakfast was very good, a welcome alternative to the breakfast offerings of budget motels. Great value with all of the added items. Next time I will stay longer than one day!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My daughter recently got married in Sherman so she stayed 2 nights at the Flagg Farmstead B&B. On the last morning, there were 21 family members who came for breakfast (we had tables in both sitting rooms and the dining room). It was wonderful. The best egg casserole that I have ever eaten, and hearty portions. Rose even made me a copy of the recipe from an Abraham Lincoln cookbook. One of my granddaughter's is a very picky eater and will only eat very few vegetables, but she ate every bit of it and she even told me that she ate the tomatoes. That's a first for her! I told my granddaughters that I had the recipe and they wanted me to make it for them tomorrow. Rose and Doug are very gracious hosts. Friendly, but not wanting to intrude too much; which I like. The same granddaughter I mentioned earlier fell and cut her forehead on the rock driveway (running, of course) and Rose (formerly a nurse) and her daughter were so helpful. I would recommend this B&B to anyone who is visiting the Lincoln sites in Springfield or anyone who just wants to get away for a day or so. The grounds are immaculate and so beautiful that my daughter and her new husband took most of their wedding pictures there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlotte W

Been to The Flagg Farmstead? Share your experiences!