“Like Going Home in Your Home Town”

Country Charm Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelbyville
Country Charm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Shelbyville B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We were attending my 50th high school reunion, and as I have no family left in Shelbyville we chose to try Country Charm because we love B&B's all over the world and the only alternative accommodation hadn't been particularly exciting in the past. We were in for a treat. Mike and Tink looked after us even better than parents! First of all, the place is lovely, decorated with antiques and surrounded by a well-kept lawn with plenty of front porch to sit and reminisce on. You feel at home immediately, because it IS a well-loved home. The welcome is very warm and they think of everything. Breakfast is delicious and well-planned, and they even ask you what you like when you reserve. We stayed in the smallest room because we wanted a private bath. Two of the larger rooms have a shared bath, and the other room with bath is up a very steep flight of stairs, which they tell you about in advance. The room was small but lovely, and the only disadvantage was having to leave the fan on for ventilation. Otherwise, the stay was perfect. All of the rooms were tastefully furnished with antiques and very welcoming. Some people are "born to the B&B trade" and Mike and Tink are two of them. They are fun, interesting and caring people who are never intrusive and always helpful. Staying there gave me a whole new perspective on my home town, and as a result I saw a side of it I never thought existed!

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems opt for the shared bath rooms. The other rooms could be difficult.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 3, 2010

My brother, sister, and I stayed with Tink and Mike in the Brass Room and Tulip Room and we would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to fellow travelers. We came to visit on a trip down "memory lane" to a town we had lived in as children. The hospitality was superb and it was indeed a "charming" and restful choice in a great location in town.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Our first ever B & B stay. The accomodations in Shelbyville IL are very limited and we've stayed at everyone over the years. The B & B with Mike and Tink was very nice and we'll stay there on our next visit. Breakfast was yummy. Belgian Waffles and some very good sausage with a very nice little fruit parfait the first morning. The bacon was exceptional the 2nd day. Coffee was good and the rooms were very very comfortable. The boys 12 and 16 shared a room and my husband and I had a sleep number bed that was very nice. Never slept on one of those but was very comfortable. The B & B was close to everything in Shelbyville. Mike and Tink even shared a little fruit from the abundant fruit trees just outside the bedroom windows! Sitting on the porch with coffee before breakfast was SOOO relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank ruralgourmet
Reviewed April 21, 2008

My mother and I went to the Country Charm for a mother/daughter weekend getaway. We had a fantastic time! We felt like we were at our own home, minus the husband and kids of course. We spent hours in the parlor watching movies and ordered take out. Mike, one of the host, brought us tea and cookies to snack on during our movie marathon. He also scheduled for us to have pedicures done right at the bed and breakfast on Saturday morning before breakfast! We left feeling as we had been staying at a luxurious hotel and spa. This is a highly recommended bed and breakfast where your needs are constantly being met!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Algorithim
A TripAdvisor Member
Cowden, IL
Reviewed January 6, 2004

Country Charm Bed and Breakfast is a nice cozy little spot. I have been there several times, and plan to return. The hostess, Barb Garard, is as sweet as pie. She reminds me of a June Cleaver Betty Crocker mix.
She makes a FULL breakfast, of which you choose from the menu (i.e., Homeade waffles, fresh fruits, a breakfast casserole to die for, and much much more). She has even made a few things for me, not on the menu, by request. The rooms are smoke free and very well kept. There is even some background to the Inn, Abraham Lincoln used to walk from Springfield, IL. to stay with close friends at this house.
Appropriatly, she has a room with a Lincoln theme, which is wonderful.
Her prices are lower then the local motels in Shelbyville, but staying in the Inn you get all the extras. Just give it a try I'm sure you will be just as satisfied as I am! Tell her Fonda sent you!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Country Charm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!