“Shocked!!”

Z Best Cafe on Main
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Athens, Illinois
“Shocked!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came here knowing this place is usually busy and always needing to make reservations, so we had a plan incase they did not have a table available.... Luckily we got in.

I usually do not give full marks but the this is amazing for a small town restaurant. I had the Nawlings Gumbo which had clams in it and I was very impressed how fresh they were for being a small town and now where close to any place to get fresh seafood.

I most defiantly recommend this place.

Rochester, Minnesota
“Nice evening good food”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We had eaten here a few years ago and remembered it as very good.

Atmosphere is cozy and local. Interesting menu. Good wine selection.

We both had a filet mashed potatoes and sautéed green beans. Service was excellent. Food was better than average, not great and a bit expensive.

A bit of a surprise when paying they add 3.75% if you use a credit card. They prefer cash or local check. We weren't local.

Would go back but I wouldn't call it a "must return".

Geneseo, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Food is freshly made using local produce. Entrees came with perfectly prepared veggies. Lots of flavor.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank r81162
Willowbrook
“Sheffield Surprise”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

After past experiences with restaurants in small Illinois towns, the Z Best was a pleasant surprise. Food appears to be freshly made using local produce. Entrees came with perfectly prepared veggies - not something plopped out of a can - and the garlic mashed potatoes were delicious. There were 5 or 6 dessert choices, all sounded wonderful, went with the salted peanut caramel cake - great!

• Visited September 2013
Peoria, Illinois, United States
“Pretty Good Experience”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Recommended to try Zbest by some friends of ours. We made reservations and it was busy so I would agree with everyone else on that one. Ordered the Apple Onion Soup as mentioned on a previous review and it was amazing. For dinner I ordered the Filet medium rare and I believe I got a sirloin cooked well done. It looked a lot like my friends sirloin and nothing like my husband's med rare filet. The very best part of dinner was the Caramel Pecan Bread Pudding, wow!!!
The service was okay and not pushy. Come prepared to pay in cash or you will pay 3% more with credit charges.

• Visited August 2013