“Peaceful, friendly quirky cottage by the moors”
other travelers have booked this property
Idyllic cowshed with direct access to the moor in Pembrokeshire National Park
View from the moor to Trallwyn Cottages + Carn Meini Trallwyn Converted Cowshed living room with wood stove
Check Availability
Cowshed main bedroom
Cowshed galleried bedroom
Misty morning at Trallwyn
Wild pony on the moor
The wild beauty of the moor
Carn Meini home of the bluestones
The Dreaming stone by Trallwyn Cottages
Barafundle Bay Pembrokeshire
Carew Castle Pembrokeshire
Puffins on Skomer island in June
Cenarth Falls, great for fishing, coracles+salmon leap
Trallwyn Converted Cowshed Pembrokeshire
Beautiful midwinter sunrise at Trallwyn Cottages
Pottery drying in the sun-you can join a pottery workshop on for a creative few hours - Ask Anna
You can throw  pots on the wheel or do handbuilding...
Handbuilding pots in the Pottery workshop...on site
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

German first
Any
Clare C
“Peaceful, friendly quirky cottage by the moors”
Reviewed September 2, 2018 for a stay in August 2018

We will always remember staying in this beautiful barn conversion by the moors. Highlights were bonfires on the moor, pottery with Anna and cosy nights in by the wood-burning stove. We were close to great beaches for swimming and body boarding, cliff walks and an iron-age living museum. We particularly appreciated the friendly welcome and flexible approach we received from Anna - many thanks.

Sep 3, 2018
Many thanks for your review Clare, it was pleasure to have you all come and stay in the Cowshed!
Lisawoods
Warminster
“Home from home”
Reviewed May 23, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

7th year to Trallwyn and second time staying in the enchanting cowshed. Not one for repeat visits anywhere ...
There is just something right about this place. Is it the home from home feeling that leaves you feeling rested on arrival, or being a gateway away from the open moorland or the majestic hills and history that encircle the cottages? What ever it is it calls you back for more and I know we are not alone in that. The cowshed is a quirky cottage with little hints of the owner dotted here and there, in the quirky stair case, the little cave bedroom and little pots of wild flowers there to welcome you.
I don’t know where else you can go and get so much on your doorstep. Stone circle, woodlands, dolmens, bleeding yew trees, stunning coastline and a sense of peace away from time.
I have over the years stayed in most of the accommodation. Retreated here with husband and friends and dog. Each year is as magical as the one before.
If you like relaxation, if you like to be somewhere that feels like home rather than a soulless box you will love it.
Throw your wellies in the car and go!

May 25, 2018
Thank you Lisa for a wonderful review....I love it when you come and stay!
And can't wait to see you here again in October...All the very best Anna x
Resort445...
“Was just the break I needed, filled me right back up again... And I absolutely adore the woodburner!”
Reviewed May 7, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

I've been coming to Trallwyn at least once a year since 2013, sometimes more, when I discovered this gorgeous gem of a place and first met Anna (the owner). The cowshed is my absolute favourite of the properties, with it's lovely energy and quirky charm and gorgeous, cosy woodburner, although I've stayed in a couple of the other properties also and they're all lovely, cosy and unique in their own ways. I always feel welcomed on arrival with a lovely smile from Anna and a cosy wood burner on the go. And as well as my own personal holidays I've sometimes brought clients here to stay, whilst I work with them within the beautiful nature around. The location is absolutely stunning in all weathers, having been there in the winter, summer and spring. I love the moors, so raw and wild and the surrounding mountains for walking, with the different parts of the coast a relatively short drive away. Feels very elemental to me and I always feel refreshed and revived upon leaving. My recent stay was as stunning as ever, this time with my boyfriend and his dog. Although we had snow in the middle May, it was still as enjoyable as always, our lovely, energising walks followed by snuggles in front of the burner. I highly recommend the Cowshed and Trallwyn cottages to anyone who is looking for a nourishing place to retreat to, who loves cosy fires and stunning nature. We'll certainly be coming back again, at least one more time this year. Thank you Anna, for sharing your beautiful home, in such a welcoming way xx

May 9, 2018
Thanks you for a wonderful review Vicky! It is always great to see you...Looking forward to next time...All the best Anna x
George T
“relax!”
Reviewed January 24, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

This is the most peaceful retreat you could ever wish for.
Central for coastal excursions as well as the discovery of burial grounds and other ancient sites.
Highly recommended.

Jan 25, 2018
I am so pleased you enjoyed the peace of Trallwyn...and all the beautiful countryside and coast as well as the ancient sites...thank your so much for your booking!
keelysolm...
Forest Row, United Kingdom
“Enchanted cottage in magical surroundings”
Reviewed December 4, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

The most wonderful time , recharging at the cowshed. Get away from it all! Total tranquility and bliss to be experienced in this location - lose yourself in the hills, amazing views from bedroom window , I could stay and never leave this place ! Don't miss it!

Dec 5, 2017
I am so glad you loved your stay in the Cowshed...and that you enjoyed this beautiful area...thanks so much for your booking!
pocahonta...
“A little piece of paradise”
Reviewed May 31, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I was absolutely bowled over when i arrived at the cowshed. The pictures shown absolutely do not do it justice at all. This quaint, cosy little piece of heaven is what dreams are made of. Anna was an amazing host and made sure that the fire was on prior to our arrival, and that she was there to greet us. Everything was provided to ensure that you had a fab time and Anna didnt even mind us taking our beloved wolfie Bear. The cow shed was clean, welcoming and obviously loved with quaint little personal touches here and there. Im saving up to go again - this is definitely our go to place for a beautiful, quiet, romantic stay (and you MUST try Annas pottery classes!)

Jun 1, 2017
Thanks Nickie...I am glad you enjoyed the Cowshed so much ...it was great having you all come and stay including Wolfie Bear...and I enjoyed doing pottery with you...I look forward to seeing you all again soon!
keelysolm...
Forest Row, United Kingdom
“Cowshed”
Reviewed May 31, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Had an amazing time in the cowshed ! It is the most stunning building with magical surroundings .
I come back time and time again, as this place feels like home . Lovely owner , my most favourite holiday destination . Be prepared to be enchanted ❤️

Jun 1, 2017
Thanks Keely...it is always lovely to see you and Finny...I am looking forward to your next visit...as it is a joy to have you come and stay here!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing