“Looked Refreshed but not Quite”

Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Decent Hotel close to the Airport. Clean and Neat. When I first walked in the room it had the updated newer décor however upon closer inspection the Leather Recliner was cracked and needed to be replaced and some of the tables were chipped in spots. If it was replaced it was older and the refrigerator didn't match. Maybe they weren't completely done yet? Overall the room was nice and well kept and clean. If your a Casino Buff The River Casino is less than 15 minutes from the Hotel.

Room Tip: Take the rooms on the back wall away facing the rear of the hotel so your off Manheim the main road...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
CHIMROpsMgr, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Tom,
Thanks so much for your review of Candlewood Suites O'Hare. I hope all of our travelers find your tips helpful and come experience the same great cleanliness and service you found in our hotel. Safe travels!

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Nice and comfy suite with full kitchen. Friendly and helpful staff. After a 4 hour drive it was nice to relax in the comfort of this hotel and get a great nights sleep before flying out the next mourning on our winter vacation. The shuttle took us right to our departure terminal at the airport and was there to pick us up when we returned. All we had to do was clear off a foot of snow and drive home.

Room Tip: You can bring your own food and prepare it in your room or they have a store open 24 hours in the lo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JOHN S

Dear John,
Thank you so much for your feedback on your February stay - we're glad you found our Park & Fly package convenient for your trip out of O'Hare. A great night's sleep and top-notch customer service are even more important in our eyes and we're happy to deliver both to our guests! Take care,

Reviewed February 13, 2014

My fiance and I stayed here 3 nights Feb 7th-10th 2014....Room was spacious enough for the two of us, very clean. I liked that the kitchen came complete with a stovetop, pots, pans, table setting for 4, full fridge and even a dishwasher and dish soap...The hotel was really quiet which I loved..unlike the last I stayed I didn't hear people in the next rooms or kids running down the halls..actually we didn't hear much of anything...I liked the 24hr pantry and the "business center"..although the printer didn't work when I was there and I couldn't print out my boarding pass..but Manny at the front desk was really nice and tried to help me get in printed more than once..He finally ended up printing it for me at the front desk..I thought that was really nice..I know some would have left it at "the printers not working"...The guy that checked us in Travis was also really nice and greeted us anytime he saw us in passing...The beds were comfortable enough for a good nights sleep and good pillows too..and the wi-fi worked pretty good on my laptop

What I didn't like:
There were extra charges to my card that I wasn't told about upon check-in. I checked my account later that night and noticed it and called down to the front desk to inquire about the charges...That's when I was told about the taxes not added on by booking.com and the hold put on by the hotel for incidentals...I just think this should have been explained at check-in...I also didn't like the fact that when I called to the front desk I was left on hold for over 10mins..I lost count after that..I put the phone on speaker and started eating and only remembered I was on hold when I heard someone speaking..I understand they may get busy down there but at least click back in and offer to call back up to my room when available or ask if I wanted to continue to hold..

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mimi R
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Mimi R.,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed most of your stay. I apologize about being put on hold for so long, as the front desk agent should have offered to call you back. I will pass this along to the Front Desk Manager. Again thank you and we hope to see you when you're back in the area!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Candlewood Suites, O'Hare in late December, 2013. The room was quite spacious and clean. All the furnishings were in good working order, including the refrigerator and coffee-maker. There was a complete set of clean silverware and a nearly full roll of paper towels. The bed was comfortable and the sheets and pillowcases were clean and fresh. The weather was very cold outside and when we first entered the room, it was quite chilly. We had some difficulty adjusting the thermostat to a setting that was comfortable. The heating unit was also fairly noisy, which I suppose is not uncommon. There was no waste basket in the bathroom, which was a bit inconvenient. Finally, the only restaurant within walking distance seemed to be a Subway, so if you want something other than a sandwich, you will have to drive to another restaurant or have food delivered. If you will be staying for a while, chances are you will have your car, so perhaps this is not as important.

Overall, we found the room to be well-equipped, clean, and comfortable, with only minor inconveniences. We would stay there again were we to be in that area for any reason.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S

Dear Paul,
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay - we're so happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed your suite and our hotel. Next time we host you, we hope you'll take advantage of our shuttle to and from The Great Escape in the evenings, where you can dine at their beautiful, vintage restaurant. Happy travels,

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed at the Candlewood for 3 nights because my flight got canceled twice.
The staff was very helpful and the small store in the lobby has everything you need to prepare yourself a little breakfast or dinner. Every room is equipped with a small kitchenette.
I also went to the Fashion Outlets which are only 5 minutes with the cab.

Airport shuttle runs 24/7.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Lucca S
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Lucca S.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear we could accommodate you while you were stuck in Chicago for a few days. Please consider us in the future if you're ever back in the Chicago area.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed for over three months for an assignment. Spacious, updated rooms, nice kitchenette. Reasonable rates. Would stay again in a heart beat. On the negative side, little to no recognition of platinum status in the IHG Reward program.

Room Tip: east side of building has city views ( upper floors), west side views of O'Hare.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear michael p,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Also thank you for being a Platinum IHG rewards member, I apologize that you were not recognized at check in. I will be passing this on to the front desk manager so they will know in the future. We hope to see you again when your back in the area.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel a few years ago and it was ok-a little out dated but ok. We recently stayed there for the fly/stay package. The hotel has been updated and it looks very nice. The room was comfortable. What was nice my room was actually two rooms, and this gives our son his own privacy and of course we get our privacy.
My only problem was when we checked out, (it was around 5:15am), I requested that our rooms (I had two rooms booked), be kept opened. I have done this many other hotels (including this one in the past and other Holiday Inns). The reason I request this is just in case our flight is going to be delayed for a extended period of time. If this happens, we would just come back to our room for the few hours. The lady at desk told me I could not do it. I told her I have done it before and it was just in case of the plane being late. She finally said ok and someone else would have to close out the room. I explained if we were coming back I would call, because I would be using your transportation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear ChicagoOceanwater,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We apologize for the inconvenience at check out and will be passing this on to the correct manager to correct this problem. We hope to see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiller Park
#3 of 9 in Schiller Park
Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Regal Inn Chicago-O'hare Airport Franklin Park

Been to Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!