“excellent airport hotel”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Competa
“excellent airport hotel”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Clean large suite with very comfortable living room kitchen and bedroom. Extremely good value and the free airport transport was brilliant.....even taking us to the railway station for the train into Chicago to sightseeing. Staff very helpful especially Kevin!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear allweathers,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will pass this review on to Kevin, I'm sure he will be thrilled to hear that he was mentioned! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again when you are back in the area.

Sales Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2013

At a price comparable to the other airport hotels in the Schiller Park area, why wouldn't you take a room with a sitting area and kitchen over a standard hotel room?
I was stranded at O'Hare during a blizzard and while looking up the airport hotels, I remembered how good the Candlewood Suites was during trips to Cleveland. The staff was friendly and very helpful for a stranded, tired traveller.
It was a bonus to be able to go to their small store, get some food and go back to your room and use the kitchen to prepare some food. The reclining chair was an appreciated luxury and it was nice to wake up and be able to prepare and eat breakfast (also bought from the store) in your room.
The room was a nice size, the bathroom was very clean and they provided a shuttle to the airport. The front desk staff was nice and courteous. Overall, it is one of the better airport hotels along Mannheim Road.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the parking lot rather than backing onto the 194.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RIT17
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear RIT17,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so please to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. If ever back in the area again please come and stay with us again!

Highwood, Illinois
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked a two night stay here about a month ago and recently tried to cancel it due to a change in travel plans. Their Modification/Cancellation Policy states:

"Canceling your reservation before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on on day of arrival will result in no charge. Canceling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on day of arrival, or failing to show, will result in a charge equal to the first night's stay per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation."

However, there is a small disclaimer somewhere in the gigantic terms and conditions section that waves this policy for people that book through 3rd parties. I booked through American Express, so they would only refund half of my reservation (I figured this out through a series of 4 phone calls in which Candlewood Suites went back and forth again and again about whether or not I would have a cancellation charge.) I have never been so disappointed - it is not worth dealing with management here. A $100 dollar charge for booking with 3rd party vs. the hotel (and covering it up in the general policy)? Ridiculous.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Julia N
Dear Julia N.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We welcome peoples feed back about our hotel, as well as our customer service. The Cancellation Policy that you quoted is for our regular rate that you book off of our website. The rate that you had booked was a prepaid reservation that was booked through a third party website that is non-refundable. Sorry for the confusion on out Cancellation Policy.

Stockton, California
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here the night before flying out of O'Hare Airport. At the front desk there were two representatives, myself, and one other customer. The representatives switched computers after each of us approached the desk so myself and the other customer had to reach over each other to give our information and sign papers. There was no other room to move down the counter.

If you leave your car there while you travel it is $8/night. I told the lady the dates we needed which was five days and she said eight. She can't seem to count or wanted to over charge me.

Our room was next to the elevator. The elevator door seemed to drag which made noise all not long that we could hear in our room. The tub faucet was loose and needed fixed and recaulked.

When we arrived back from our flight, I called the front desk to find out what we needed to do to get the shuttle. A nice gentleman explained it to me. I explained I was still at baggage claim. After getting our bags and making the hike to the shuttle area, I called again to ask if we missed it because we didn't see the shuttle. A very rude lady answered and told me I shouldn't have called until I was there in the first place. I explained to her that I told the guy I was at baggage claim but then just stopped because its not worth arguing with those type of people.

The gentlemen driving the shuttles were extremely nice! Props to them!

Overall - the elevator noise and the horribly rude customer service made our stay miserable. Stay somewhere else even if I costs more because you won't get much sleep.

• Stayed June 2013
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear VIP7844,

We are very sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory and will address all issues that were of your concern. I would like to ask that you would allow us to be of service again for your next visit to show you firsthand how important your feedback was to us and how appreciative we are that you had cared to share them with us. You are more than welcome to contact the manager at the hotel directly and/or arrange your next stay with any of our associates at the hotel. Once again we apologize about any and all inconveniences during you last visit and we are confident that given the opportunity we will win you over with our great customer service

PETOSKEY
Reviewed June 27, 2013

One night in Chicago to take our youngest to O'Hare for a flight overseas. This place passed my expectations. The room was very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. Free laundry is a plus!!! Easy to find and get to. The suites are like being at home if you are there for more then one night-full kitchen, tv's, beautiful bathroom, the amenities are what they lived up to. I would absolutely stay here again:) They have a very nice little store in the hotel for items you may have either forgotten or need. And the prices are extremely reasonable. Lots of eateries close by within a short driving distance. There is a market and Dunkin Donuts and Subway within walking distance also. The noise from the airport, to me, is very tolerable.

Room Tip: No Pool. Not sure about kids since I do not have any young children and I wasn't really interest...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear lbingamanPetoskey_MI,

We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites O'Hare!! Thank you for taking the time to reveiw our hotel. We hope you come back and see us again!

Best
Bloomington, il
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here before we flew out of O'Hare and did the Park, Sleep, and Fly package. We usually stay at a different hotel when we fly out of Ohare, but everything was expensive and the Candlewood had a great rate (we paid $110 for everything, including tax) and we were happy with our choice.

The hotel is very nice, up to date, clean, and quiet inside the rooms. Candlewood is designed for long stays with their kitchen's and what not, but work just fine as well for a 1 night stay as well. They hotel is not in a very desirable location, but is very close to the airport and just a short drive to Rosemont where there is a bunch of good restaurants. We usually go to Shoeless Joe's.

Front Desk worker was very nice and helpful on showing you where to park and how to catch the shuttle, All of which is very convenient and very quick.

I would definitely stay here again when I am flying out of Chicago, it is a great price for what you get.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear JamaicaSun27,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!

Best.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I just spent 6 weeks at this location, and I don't have one thing bad to say.
The property is well maintained inside and out. The amenities, staff (all of them),are top notch!
This property has just been remodeled top to bottom, from the spacious work station, the kitchen, bathroom OH and the Bed! 5 STAR.
I had to leave my project there and move on to the next BUT I hated leaving this great place.
If your staying in this area, within 10 to 20 miles I'm telling you, no matter the price of the higher hotels, you need to stay here.
Thanks Jill for getting me set up in Oklahoma City when I couldn't find a room!
O'hare is close, and Candlewood has a FREE shuttle that I used, very convenient!
You won't go wrong staying here!

Room Tip: The walls are very insulated as I didn't hear anything from the outside once I closed the door...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear floatmanjay,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your extended stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We hope to see you again in the future!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiller Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare
Best Western At O'Hare
Best Western At O'Hare
#17 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!