“Wonderful Stay”

Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Reviewed June 27, 2013

One night in Chicago to take our youngest to O'Hare for a flight overseas. This place passed my expectations. The room was very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. Free laundry is a plus!!! Easy to find and get to. The suites are like being at home if you are there for more then one night-full kitchen, tv's, beautiful bathroom, the amenities are what they lived up to. I would absolutely stay here again:) They have a very nice little store in the hotel for items you may have either forgotten or need. And the prices are extremely reasonable. Lots of eateries close by within a short driving distance. There is a market and Dunkin Donuts and Subway within walking distance also. The noise from the airport, to me, is very tolerable.

Room Tip: No Pool. Not sure about kids since I do not have any young children and I wasn't really interest...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear lbingamanPetoskey_MI,

We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites O'Hare!! Thank you for taking the time to reveiw our hotel. We hope you come back and see us again!

Best

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here before we flew out of O'Hare and did the Park, Sleep, and Fly package. We usually stay at a different hotel when we fly out of Ohare, but everything was expensive and the Candlewood had a great rate (we paid $110 for everything, including tax) and we were happy with our choice.

The hotel is very nice, up to date, clean, and quiet inside the rooms. Candlewood is designed for long stays with their kitchen's and what not, but work just fine as well for a 1 night stay as well. They hotel is not in a very desirable location, but is very close to the airport and just a short drive to Rosemont where there is a bunch of good restaurants. We usually go to Shoeless Joe's.

Front Desk worker was very nice and helpful on showing you where to park and how to catch the shuttle, All of which is very convenient and very quick.

I would definitely stay here again when I am flying out of Chicago, it is a great price for what you get.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear JamaicaSun27,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!

Best.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I just spent 6 weeks at this location, and I don't have one thing bad to say.
The property is well maintained inside and out. The amenities, staff (all of them),are top notch!
This property has just been remodeled top to bottom, from the spacious work station, the kitchen, bathroom OH and the Bed! 5 STAR.
I had to leave my project there and move on to the next BUT I hated leaving this great place.
If your staying in this area, within 10 to 20 miles I'm telling you, no matter the price of the higher hotels, you need to stay here.
Thanks Jill for getting me set up in Oklahoma City when I couldn't find a room!
O'hare is close, and Candlewood has a FREE shuttle that I used, very convenient!
You won't go wrong staying here!

Room Tip: The walls are very insulated as I didn't hear anything from the outside once I closed the door...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear floatmanjay,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your extended stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We hope to see you again in the future!!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The rooms here are very sound proof. The staff is always friendly, and they spend a lot of time keeping the place clean. I like the free laundry room, free coffee, and the full sized refrigerators in the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Dave_Polpetta,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure to pass this on to our entire team to let them know what a great job their doing. We hope you come and stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We choose Candlewood due to their reasonable rates, nice looking rooms and their great pet policy! The rooms are nicely renovated with modern flare. Beds are extremely comfortable. Location of this hotel is excellent for travel, right off I90 and minutes from O'hare. There is fast food, grocery stores, gas stations all within distance. Really nice laundry and fitness area. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Facing the interstate you can see the downtown skyline.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear beachbumjr,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed you time with us. We hope you come and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great rooms, clean and comfortable. Staff was really helpful for first timers to Chicago! My only complaint was our phone didn't work and there was a tornado warning close by and I kept calling the front desk to see what county we were in and they couldn't hear me so they said they would send someone up to the room to fix the phone but three days later the phone still didn't work. Other than that...grade on a scale from 1 to 10? 10!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear James R,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apoligize about the phone issues. I have passed this on to managment and they have let maintenance know about the issue. We hope that you come and visit us again in the future!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel was clean, the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very quiet despite being located close to a major airport. Our experience was wonderful up until an hour or so after we left -- I remembered that my pajamas were left hanging in the bathroom. I called the hotel, yet no pajamas were turned in by the cleaning staff. If the only persons with access to our room was the hotel staff, then it is safe to assume that my clothing was taken by a staff member and not turned into the front desk. The front desk staff member was wonderful, asked about our missing items, but could not locate them. I'm saddened that an employee would take these and not turn them in.

Room Tip: Don't leave anything behind!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Susan L.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are apologize about your missing pajamas. Management has talked to all team members about what happened, and the importance of turning in items that are left in the room. Again we apologize and hope you will come back and try us out again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiller Park
Best Western At O'Hare
#18 of 18 in Rosemont
2 mi away
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!