Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare
Comfort Suites O'Hare(Schiller Park)
$109
$143
Hampton.com
$99
$134
$116
FourPoints.com
O'Hare Inn & Suites(Schiller Park)
$76
$70
$168
$149
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
$85
All reviewsfull kitchenfree laundryclose to the airportsmall kitchenextended staydunkin donutson demandfood deliveredlonger stayo'hare airportsmall shopgas stationfront desk staffbed was comfortablean early morning flightdesk areathe room was nice
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have stayed at 2 different Candlewood Hotels and have loved both. I love that all the facilities are free such as the gym, laundry and airport shuttle. The room was clean, quiet and the kitchen was perfect for cooking a basic meal. The onsite shop is also very handy to pick up any food or things that may have been forgotten.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YasandTim
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear YasandTim,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to her that you enjoyed your stay with us!! Please come back and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

On a recent trip, I had a flight cancelled at O'hare and had to stay overnight. The Candlewood Suites was the hotel the airline placed me in. I did not expect much but was pleasantly suprised. The hotel was very nice, clean, and quite. They had a shutlle to and from O'hare that seemed to run about every 15 minutes. The room was large and had alot of nice amenities. The bathroom was clean and the shower was very nice. There is not a restaurant at the hotel, but they have a pantry with a good selection of snacks and food at decent prices. They also have a room service contract that provides food from local places for a very reasonable $3.50 charge. I had a great pizza!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank docjgw
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear docjgw,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay stay here with us even though it wasn't planned. We hope to see you again in the future if you are ever in the O'Hare area again.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We found the rooms to be very comfortable.The hotel offered 24 hr. shuttle service to O'hare.We had a late flight back, and did not have to wait long for a shuttle back to the hotel. I looked for a hotel close to O'hare and reasonably priced and was not disappointed The rooms were .clean and roomy. My granddaughter and I were very pleased. The staff was very friendly and we had very quick check in s and check outs.

Room Tip: We had an inside room on our first stay, It was very quiet. Our second stay was a room facing the parking lot on a very windy night. could really hear the wind.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rhonda R
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Rhonda R.,

Thank you for the great review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here during a brief trip to Chicago. This was my first time staying at Candlewood Suites and I was surprised to find there was no room service or breakfast. It was a new concept for me, but I like their alternative approach to food service through their serve yourself "store/pantry."

PROS
Fastest check-in and out I've ever experienced!
Close to O'Hare airport
Regular shuttle service to/from O'Hare
Clean
Cozy room with everything we needed. Cozy might imply small, but there was plenty of room for the two of us, plus our suitcases, and room to move around
Comfy recliner
Kitchenette stocked with all the basics you'd need for using the food from their "store"
Ben & Jerry's ice cream by the pint in the "store!
Varied selection of food in the "store"
Very comfortable bed, but...(see below)
Pet friendly! We weren't traveling with a pet this time, but I made a mental note for the future.

CONS
The very comfortable bed creaked and groaned with every turn all night long! I kept waking up thinking I was at my grandma's house!
The thermostat for the heat and air was in a very unintuitive location. Be sure to locate it before going to bed. We woke up hot as blazes during the night, but the controls were not on the unit, nor were they near any wall switches or any other place you'd think they'd be. We found the control the next morning above the desk on a far wall. Very odd placement.

OTHER
I loved checking in and going into the store for a pint of ice cream and curling up with it in bed just like at home! The food was on the honor system where you write down what you got and report it at check-out or whenever you get it, if you wish. I liked being able to grab a piece of fruit and some yogurt on my way out the door to the airport - very convenient. Great hotel concept! I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kayjay16
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear kayjay16,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are please to hear that you enjoyed most of your stay. Also thank ou for sharing the issues that you had in the room. I have passed these thing on to my manager and it will be taken care of. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We like to stay at the Candlewood when we leave for vacation for two primary reasons. One, the convenient location to O'hare and two, the easy parking and airport shuttle. We're never disappointed when we stay at the Candlewood. We were upgraded to a one-bedroom suite, which appeared to be newly renovated. Everything was very clean and comfortable, and there's so much space. The shuttle was ready to take us to the airport within 10 minutes of checking out, our car was secure in the hotel parking lot, and upon return, the shuttle was available for pickup with 15 minutes of calling. We will be staying again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsHall2006
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear MrsHall2006,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.