“Awesome Experience”

Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here because it was close to Ohare & I had a flight the next day. Let me start with the customer service .. Grade A! I was greeted right away, quick check in, was asked if I wanted a high or low floor & was given a gift for being a member! Next I took the elevator to my suite and when I say it was great! Very clean! Has stove top, fridge, microwave & all the utensils.
The bathroom was clean. The bed was comfy! No bugs no traces of pets (they allow pets)
The room smelled great! It was almost too good to be true I kept saying they have to be missing something so I couldn't find the hairdryer & bam they had that too!
Great shower , flat screens, popcorn & bowl in microwave ! Great great great & easy airport shuttle to & from I barely waited 5 minutes each time!
This place has waffles but I didn't have any but I was also able to spin the prize wheel & won !!
There snack room
Has REGULAR price items wow !! Not $10 for a water!! This was one of the best hotel experiences I ever had and I wish I could've stayed longer! And let's not forget my car was safe & sound after almost a week!!

Room Tip: Great for parking and going to ohare
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank msbrebre
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear msbrebre,

Thank you for the awsome review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and your experience. Just to clarify we do not have waffles everyday. The sign in the lobby was for our fundraiser for Give Kids the World waffle breakfast. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I really enjoy the Candlewood Suites concept, whether I am traveling on business or pleasure, for a short visit or a lengthy stay. I very seldom utilize daily maid service maid because it seems like I have to clean/arrange the room before I can let housekeeping into it, anyway. The double-door entryway to this hotel gave me a stronger sense of security, it was noticeably well kept and maintained and the hotel staff was extremely helpful and cheerful. I only stayed one night at this hotel but I look forward to the opportunity to stay again for a longer period where I could make full use of the kitchen facilities. It was located with a convenience store, a Subway and a Dunkin’ Donuts right around the corner. The airport shuttle was prompt, both coming and going. One of the few hotels that still allow smoking and the price couldn’t be beat. Everything I needed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank GuyontheGo55
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear GuyontheGo55,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, and a wonderful reveiw at that! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel as well as the staff. We hope you will choose the Candlewood Suites O'Hare again when you come in to the area again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night before flying out of O'Hare. The hotel was wonderful! Easy check-in, very clean room, and great service. The value was great, we were able to stay one night and park our car for 7 nights for a great price. The 24 hour shuttle service to and from the airport was also equally as great. Overall wonderful hotel. I would definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dana Z
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Dana Z.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear about the wonderful service you were provided by the front desk. Thank you for your continued stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites O'Hare and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stay at this hotel whenever I fly out of Chicago. It is close to the airport and they offer a shuttle to and from the airport. They use Park and Jet service for this and are pretty quick getting to the hotel when called. They are also found at door A at the airport.
The rooms here are clean and roomy. They truly are mini-suites. The cost is very affordable. Well worth it compared to the other hotels near the airport.
The front desk service is exceptional. They have always been friendly and helpful. They really do try to accomodate all of your needs.

Room Tip: No really good views so don't worry too much about it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank spaxton2
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear spaxton2,

We are please to hear that you use our hotel everytime you fly out of O'Hare. Thank you for your continued business at the Candlewood Suites O'Hare. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

When I saw the exterior of this hotel, I will admit, I wasn't expecting much on the inside. I only stayed at this hotel for about seven hours (I had to leave quickly on business), but I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was. I had a one bedroom suite that had been nicely updated. The room was spacious and clean. In the full kitchen, there was even a free bag of microwave popcorn. The bathroom was also very roomy and had been updated to a modern decor.

The only thing that would prevent me from staying here again would be its proximity to the airport. I had a room that faced the airport (the other side of the hotel faced the highway). There was some jet noise that crept into the room; not horrible, but if you are looking for a totally quite stay, this might not be the place.

The room rate was a lot lower that I had anticipated. All in all, the hotel was nice for my seven hour stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank alphabr1vo
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear alphabr1vo,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare. Please come and visit us again the next time that you are in town.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was my first stay at a Candlewood property and choose it due to the great price. They are very close to O'hare airport and offer a free shuttle service that can be a nightmare. The shuttle service is shared with a local off site airport parking facility which means it can get full quick since it does not cater to hotel guests only. The property is very clean. The rooms are large and include a kitchen, recliner and large work/desk area. The kitchen includes a full size refrigerator, stove, coffee maker, microwave, dishwasher, sink and all the necessities you would need. Even though they are located close to the airport, noise is not an issue. They have a pantry/store area with grocery items for purchase. I enjoyed being able to open a window to get fresh air but would have liked a fan in the bathroom. There is free WIFI throughout and signal was never an issue. Maid service is weekly but if you are staying for the airport convenience that shouldn't be an issue. They have a nice fitness room and full laundry facilities which are free. There were plenty of TV channels offered and a DVD player in the room. Due to being a priority club rewards member I was given a welcome bag filled with snacks and a bottled water.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Traveler J
Cwsuitesoharesales, Sales Coordinator at Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Traveler J,

Thank you for you great review. We do apologize about the shuttle, it can get a little hectic when the airport is busy. Thank you for your loyality to the brand as a Priority Club Member. We hope that we see you again in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3-1/2 months. We never had any issues that were not immediately handled, and these were very minor things. Staff is very friendly and willing to always help.

This is the first Candlewood we have stayed at that has been upgraded and it is very nice. Love the new bathroom counter and cabinet space and also the kitchen counter space.

While there are no restaurants within walking distance, there is a convenience store within walking distance that has a Subway and Dunkin Donuts in it and there is an toll road Oasis within walking distance with a couple of fast food places, convenience store and a Starbucks. There are many places to order delivery and the front desk can supply menus. I felt perfectly safe walking to the convenience store and the Oasis during the daytime.
As with all Candlewood Suites, our dog was welcome. Was surprised to find a little bag of dog treats on the door one day, very nice of them.

The only complaints I have are lack of television channel selection - if you don't want to watch sports or news all day then you are hard pressed to find anything worth watching. The other is the internet. Internet was slow and we got kicked off many many times and would have to log back in. Both of these are minor issues to me.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor facing Mannheim and never had any noise issues.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank theresa003

Dear theresa003,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our renovations just happened a year ago and we are very excited about them. We are please you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms. Please come and visit us when you are in the area again.

Best regards,

Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center
Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel

Been to Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!