I have stayed at this propery several times over the last several years and I have not been let down. The recent remodel was a welcome change and the new amenities are an upgrade. For the area, this is one of the most reasonably priced properties but you have to live with the location to get the price. Surprisingly, the proximity to both the Airport and the Expressway have not been a noise problem in my several stays.
My company offices are nearby and there are closer hotels to the office, but the prices vary so much and it is hard to be frugal in the Rosemont - O'Hare neighborhood. You won't walk to anything from here; it fits it's catagory of properties, not having a restaurant, etc. Be prepared to "order in" or get in your car to get meals. Fortunately, parking has never been an issue since they don't sublet airport parking like several other local properties. The appointments are decent if not plush; the recent remodel updated some of the room accommodations, but it is still styled as a value, extended stay property so it is not what I would describe as "luxury". I don't need luxury. If you want luxury, pay another $100 and stay in Rosemont proper.
The staff has been friendly, competent, timely, and professional, I don't ask for anything more. They were good about recognizing my Priority Club Status and the bonus bag was a nice surprise.
My only complaint with the particular room I was in was that it was hard to get it warm to my liking. I was on the 1st floor, I think it was the nearest room to the lobby, and I couldn't get my feet comfortable no matter how much I tweaked the thermostat. The temp worked properly but the ground floor probably had a concrete floor and just sucked the warmth out of the room.
Bottom line is I would stay here again and I probably will before the year end.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection at the Candlewood Suites Chicago O Hare, an extended stay hotel, offering apartment-like studio and one-bedroom suites, similar to corporate housing. Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, puts the amenities where they really count: in your room. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your oversized executive desk using our High Speed Internet. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy CD's and movies from our free library. Unwind in our fitness center, while using our free guest laundry, or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. Our setting is the perfect choice for business or leisure travelers. Located only 2 miles from O'Hare Airport we offer free shuttle transportation. We are conveniently located off I-294, only 12 miles from downtown Chicago. Visit Wrigley Field or Soldier Field. McCormick Place and Navy Pier are only a short drive away. If you have a chance to enjoy some free time make sure to visit the Allstate Arena or Rosemont Theatre. The finest dining, shopping and entertainment are only minutes away. We value your privacy, therefore, we provide weekly housekeeping. Whether you are staying for business, pleasure, or relocation, Candlewood Suites Chicago O Hare is ready to serve you! Consider us home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Chicago o`Hare Hotel Schiller Park
- Candlewood Suites Schiller Park
- Candlewood Schiller Park
- Schiller Park Candlewood Suites