Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
O'Hare Inn & Suites(Schiller Park)
View Hotel
Comfort Suites O'Hare(Schiller Park)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenfree laundryclose to the airportsmall kitchenextended staydunkin donutson demandfood deliveredlonger stayo'hare airportsmall shopgas stationfront desk staffbed was comfortablean early morning flightdesk areathe room was nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 29, 2007

We stayed here in September 2007 after a ten-day trip to Jamaica. We opted to park and be taken to the airport by shuttle before our early morning flight and then stay the night on our late-flight return.

The shuttle was running all of the time while we were there. The lot that you park in is just their regular hotel parking lot. It is not enclosed or locked at all, so that may be a concern to some, but our vehicle was fine the whole time. Also, the airport is really close to the hotel, so it took only about 15 minutes to transport.

This is a good place for the price. They had free movies that you could get from the front desk, which was a nice touch. They have a mini kitchen for making up something quick and the bed was pretty comfy. The light in the bathroom went out during my shower, but was back on later that night, so I don't know what was up with that, but it was really not a big issue. The room is somewhat tired looking, but it was clean and worked just fine for what we needed it for.

If you are looking for something basic and convienent for a flight in and out of Chicago, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shawni_and_Buck
Reviewed September 16, 2007

I have stayed here several times. Seems to be a typical Candlewood. Price can vary but usually reasonable for near the airport. Shuttle service is good. Desk agents are pretty good. Sometimes encounter someone new who has not been trained well.

Wonder if one review had the right hotel. I have not seen fast food or grocery stores near this property.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed July 24, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days. We had the 1 bedroom suite. We had plenty of room. The room was very comfortable.
The only problem I had was having to go to the front desk to get fresh towels, plus you have to bring the dirty ones down to them. Maid service would have been nice. Having the little store in the lobby was a nice option.
There was a girl at the front dest that always seemed like we were bothering her if we asked questions.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rklad5
Reviewed June 23, 2007

I stayed here for one night before an early morning flight out of O'Hare Airport and had a great time. My queen suite was on the fourth
floor and was very quiet. The place was very clean with a kitchenette, free coffee in morning, free VHS tapes and DVDs to watch, and a super comfortable bed. The mattress might be a little soft for some, but I loved it. There are no restaurants nearby, but some do deliver and there is a miniature "convenience store" in the lobby that had plenty of selections for snacks and small meals. There
was a free laundry and work out room too. The bathroom was clean with
lots of extra towels. I would definitely stay here again. Plus, price
was totally reasonable. I paid about $100 for the night (including tax and snacks).

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Galaxina
Reviewed June 22, 2007

I hate consumer reviews. Half the time people have a bad experience and dog things and half the time it seems like the people may have been too drunk to actually determine if something was good or poor. This hotel supports my opinion.

I read every good thing that everyone had to say, and then a couple negative things as well. ALL WRONG. Let me give you my take on things.

The location is great and not hard to find at all. It is right outside O'Hare Airport and surrounded by many fast food places, gas stations and grocery stores. It is also right next to the highway that takes you in and out of Chicago in about 15-20 minutes.

The exterior look of the hotel is very nice. Almost looks new with the exception of a few minor flaws.

Customer service was rather poor on my trip. I had to wait for the receptionist to stop playing on the internet to actually check me in. Then later, she was unable to answer a few questions that I had in reference to the hotel.

We had booked a regular, which unlike the pictures consist of a small desk, full kitchen, one queen bed and a lazy boy. Unfortuntely we were there with the entire family and could not fit in the small room. So, we upgraded to the larger room, which like the smaller room had a larger desk, a private bedroom with one queen size bed and a couch bed in the living area. This upgrade was around $40/night.

The air conditioning is on a "motion detector" so if it doesn't detect motion then it doesn't cool. So, it was as hot as it could possibly get. We decided to turn it on and wait for it to cool off, which took about 4 hours. We contacted customer service to let them know the air had only cooled the living area not the bedroom and their reply was sorry, the air conditioning units that were built with the rooms are actually too small. Get over it. So, for four nights we took the mattress of the bed off and everyone slept in the living area where we could at least get through the night.

The kitchenette was interesting. A very big help for us, especially with a baby, but it didn't contain everything you needed to cook. Even worse, the receptionist couldn't tell us where the nearest grocery store was, so we could even get food.

On the positive side, there is a dvd player and vcr. They have free movie rentals downstairs but they go very fast so you have to be early. There is also free internet, but it is very hard to set up if you have no computer experience.

There is a small "gym" downstairs. It consist of a threadmill and a stair stepper. A laundry area is next to it. Down the hall is the "Pantry" which is like the food section of a gas station, pretty neat. No pool though. Kind of bad considering you would normally chose to stay at a hotel like this for serveral days and more than likely have a family with you.

Overall, we had a bad time. I would have rather stayed in a tent on gravel. But, it could be just me. I did take the time to shop around hotels while I was there and I would defintely recommend finding another hotel in the area to stay at. There are plenty around that offer lower prices and more ammenties.

Stayed: June 2007