“Great for park and fly budget option”

Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
GreenLeadersGold level
Dubuque, Iowa
“Great for park and fly budget option”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We (mom, dad, 13-y/o, and 8-y/o) decided to stay here as we were not looking for a lot of amenities but just wanted somewhere to sleep for a few hours before an early-morning flight out of O'Hare.

PRICE: Great price for the area, especially with the park and fly.

LOCATION: Very close to the airport. Takes about 5-10 minutes with the shuttle. The area does not look unsafe, it just is very industrial. Easy to find.

ROOM: Nice average Hampton Inn, pretty much what you would expect. The room was a little small but clean. The bed was comfy, as were the pillows. The bathroom was small but clean. This is not a place to go if you need a room with a view.

BREAKFAST: Very good with a few hot items, including a rice dish for international travelers. This was plenty filling enough to get us through until we were in Miami and settled into our hotel there.

STAFF: Everyone was pretty nice here. I guess no one really sticks out as being exceptional like at some places, but no one was memorable for anything bad either. Front desk was fast and efficient. Did not see housekeeping. The breakfast person was really busy but nice enough.

SHUTTLE: Hampton works with Thrifty Rental Car for shuttle transport. We had no issues at all, had a great driver, and were picked up and dropped off in a very timely manner.

OVERALL: We thought this was a good value for a hotel close to the airport that we only planned on using for a few hours sleep and a place to park our vehicle. There is also a little sundry-type area next to the front desk with a few things there if you are hungry or forget something at home, which was nice. I do believe they have a pool, but we never made it there so cannot comment on that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Greek first
Coloma, Michigan
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My family uses this Hampton Inn for travel in and out of O'Hare, and has for the past eight years. Its main advantage is that the 24-hour shuttle service to O'Hare (shared with the Thrifty car rental next door) takes less than 10 minutes to get you to the departure terminals or back from baggage claim. The "park n' fly" package enables us to stay the night before an early morning departure, and to leave the van in a safe location. This saves the last minute hassles of the drive to O'Hare (lots of unexpected things can happen along the way), the expense of long-term parking and having to take the long-term parking shuttle to the outer hinterlands, etc. Also, for out of town guests flying out of O'Hare (we live about 2 1/2 hours away), it is less hassle and more fun for the family and guests to relax at the Hampton until the shuttle departs than to fight traffic, parking, etc. This Hampton takes AAA and military discounts and is always reasonable. It is in an industrial area with other chain motels, so you may be a little put off when you first try the place. But, the internal decor is as good as any Hampton Inn at which I have stayed. The staff is always very accommodating, the pool is in great shape, and the breakfast has a great variety (even Asian items - the staff says they get a lot of international travelers). In brief, if you want to visit Chicago tourist sites, there are other lodging choices that are much more convenient to downtown, and that are worth the extra price. But, for traveling in and out of O'Hare, this is our family's number one choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Oakland, California
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We found this hotel to be on a par with other airport Hampton Inns and the shuttle did come in where other hotel buses arrived and did have the name of the hotel on it. We were advised by the shuttle coordinator that it might not have a sign but to take it anyway. Staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I've traveled my share around the US, and found this Hampton to not be on par with others. I normally only stay at Hampton, so I think I am fair in assessing the level if service and conditions at this one in particular. This is the second time I've stayed here, and must say the staff was more friendly this time than last. However, the beds in this Hampton do not meet the hotel standard. Yes the duvet notes are on the headboard, but the mattresses are not soft. I thought the mattress was hard and not plush as ALL other Hamptons. Please fix the hotel, I will probably have to visit again, and would appreciate a good nights rest.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank swirls2920
Meitar, Israel
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed the hotel. Very clean hotel.
Breakfast is good comparing to American hotels. Free and fast wi do.
Free shuttle to and from Ohare airport. Rooms and general very clean.
Laundry at the fifth floor.
For sure will come back.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Co
Reviewed December 17, 2013

When I made my reservation, no one told me that the Hampton Inn shuttle did NOT have the hotel name on it and did NOT pick up in the same spot as all the other hotels. After 30 minutes I called and was told I was in the wrong spot but they would come and get me, but it was another 30 minutes before it showed up. And it was VERY cold in Chicago that weekend,

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Nancy B
HamptonORD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. I am so sorry that our shuttle bus took a long time to pick you up at the airport during the winter storm in Chicago . I can assure you that this is very rare to occur; however I can empathize with your frustration and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I thank you for bringing this up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our shuttle crew. We make every effort to provide our guests with a speedy and efficient service and I truly apologize for any inconveniences you went through.
Long Beach, California, United States
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I've stayed at this Hampton property many times over the years. I've seen it at its best and not so best... my most recent stay was exemplary. The property has been upgraded heavily and is even more responsive to the business traveler in need of information. The lobby's been updated and the rooms (including plumbing) have improved greatly.
Staff is excellent at the front desk, through housekeeping and hospitality workers.
I was impressed by the traditional Japanese breakfast and newspapers.
Do wish I didn't have to go to the breakfast area to pick up USA Today, though...

Green Features: I was surprised not to see recycle bins... glad it's a non-smoking hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
#3 of 9 in Schiller Park
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
#8 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport? Share your experiences!