“Good Experience”

Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed in room 505 as did a previous writer. Only we had no noise. In fact I commented to my husband on how quiet it was. Being on a busy street across from the airport I thought noise could be a problem but it was not. We came to attend an event at the Convention Center which was about a 5 min drive. We chose this hotel because of the good reviews and we were looking for free parking, free breakfast and free wi-fi and the Hampton Inn offered all at an AARP rate of $79. Our room was very comfortable and the breakfast was very good. Excellent fresh fruit and scrambled eggs. They had waffles, breads/bagels, pasteries, cereals, juice, coffee etc etc.

There were both ice and soft drink machines on our floor. The swimming pool looked ok but not great. The hot tub looked ok also. I looked in at the workout room and it was tiny. Maybe 3 or 4 machines and that was it. Parking was very convenient.

The hotel is in a busy area across from O'Hare. Don't think I would be walking outside. There are several restaurants that provide pickup service as well as will deliver food. Menus and pickup info is provided in the room. The hotel looks like it is well used but rooms are very comfortable and I would stay here again if I needed to be in this area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Could not fault, except mix up because we decided to stay an extra night they sort of booked us in and out again, which meant we could not use our key cards the following day, we had apparently been told we neede to report to recption the next morning, we may have missed that being tired after a long journey. Didn't try pool but looked good. Shuttle bus was Thrifty we were with Alamo but used Thrifty to get train/tube to the city - good advice from driver re tickets. would stay here again without hessitation.

Room Tip: room 529 overlooked main road, no issues.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

A one night stay this week....

Staff was wonderfully helpful. Was thanked for being a Diamond HHonors member, desk clerk noted that I would be receiving my 250 bonus points per my choice -- but then said, "we'd also like you to have snacks and water with our compliments" and gave me a bottle of water and two packs of cookies!

Room had fairly recently, I would guess, been remodeled and was nicely done.

Breakfast was somewhat better than the usual Hampton mediocre fare and, for the first time at a Hampton, I saw items for "Japanese-style breakfast" (e.g., a pot of rice, plus other Japanese breakfast goodies. I wonder if this is compliant with "brand standards" ;) Kudos for going above and beyond and for resisting the homogenization of the Hampton brand standards)

The shared shuttle with Thrifty Car Rental next door is slightly annoying (e.g., when you've been picked up at the airport and then sit for 10 minutes at the Thrifty agency. You can easily walk to the Hampton but since it was 5 degrees Farenheit, I chose not to). On the other hand, having such a shared shuttle probably keeps the price for rooms lower.

There is a restaurant an easy half block walk away in the Quality Inn hotel (and there are several restaurants noted in the hotel info booklet in the room that deliver).

One unusual thing: this was the first Hampton I have encountered (NOT a "Hampton Inn and Suites") which had a "Suite Shop." I thought from conversations with HHonors management that the "Hampton Inn" brand was not allowed to have such. Nonetheless, a very pleasant surprise.

Internet was speedy and much more consistent than many higher end HHonors properties.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mogon
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My partner and I stayed here overnight in late September prior to flying back to the U.K. This hotel is ideally located for the airport, being just a short 5-10 minute drive away. I have to say that never having stayed at a Hampton Inn before this road trip we have been very impressed with the consistenty high standard and this hotel is no exception. Our room No. 211 on the 2nd floor was pleasant and comfortable, very clean and smart with business-type decor, a little on the small side but adequate for an overnight stay. It had good storage and a desk area. There was no fridge or microwave but this didn't bother us. There was free coffee in the lobby and a warm welcome from the staff on reception. Reception does get very busy sometimes but staff were always friendly and helpful. There is a business centre, indoor pool and coin-operated laundry which proved very useful for us. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel. We ate at Shoeless Joe's Sports' Bar just down the road which had a lot of character and the food was good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Itchyfeet021065
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was given room 505, on the top floor (I asked for high floor in the reservation), which faces the street. The room was ample, very clean and well kept; the bed was quite comfortable. The only negative aspect was the constant humming noise coming, I gather, from some equipment on the roof. This noise was especially noticeable in the corridor; inside the room it was attenuated, but still a little annoying; there was also some traffic noise from the road, so that at the end I had to use the earplugs I found in the bathroom to be able to sleep well (that there is no proper sound insulation between roof and the rooms in the top floor is in my opinion a building aberration).
Breakfast was quite good, I especially enjoyed the fresh fruit and the yogurt. The front desk personnel was friendly and efficient.

As for getting to the hotel from the airport, I just took the first Thrifty shuttle I saw (I hadn't to wait more than 5 minutes), got off at the Thrifty car rental facility and walked over to the hotel next block. To get back to the airport, the front desk called Thrifty and the shuttle picked me up at the hotel (wait time two minutes), though before driving to the airport it went "back to base" to pick up other passengers.

All in all the Hampton Inn is a nice hotel, easy to get from/to the airport. It's a pity that some of the rooms are not as quiet as one would expect they all should be.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the top floor (5th)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cevedale
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband and I were returning from our honeymoon and ran into some bad weather in Chicago. I didn't see the weather report until the morning of our departure and decided to book a room near O'Hare just in case the weather was so bad we couldn't make the drive home until the next day. I decided on the Hampton because they offered a no charge cancellation until 6pm the day of check in - nobody else offered that and it was perfect for us, our plane was going to arrive at 4pm and we would be able to make a decision whether to stay in Chicago or not without being charged for the room. We ended up staying, and the service was absolutely top notch, the room was extremely clean and the breakfast the next morning was great. Whenever we need a room in Chicago by O'Hare the Hampton will be my first choice and would highly recommend the same to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissSarahJ
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night and found it to be one of the best Hampton Inns I've ever stayed at. Although, I've never had a bad stay at a Hampton this one was exceptional. It was very squared away, from the employees to the premises. The front desk was extremly helpful and professional and everything was spotless. The location is great if you are dealing with the airport.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Hyatt Place Chicago/O'Hare Airport
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport? Share your experiences!