“One night stand!”

Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here for a night during my onward journey from India to MN. So I was looking for a comfortable, near the airport, clean resting place. Well this was given by Hampton Inn. They have free pick up drop to and from aiport (Thrifty.com vans) - You have to tip the drivers, by the way, a thing not very common in India.

The check in was quick and easy, though I was mixed up with some other Indian guest and was asked to pay advance even when I has prepaid booking. Thankfully I had a printout.

The room was smallish but clean and enough things to allow you to not open your bags for toothbrushes, soaps, etc. Free wifi is great. The TV have a good choice og channels . Thus the room was satisfactory.

My biggest problem was the power adapater. They could not give/lend or sell a adapater and I could not switch on my laptop despite having good internet facility. I do not understand this at all. A decent hotel near the airport should expect travellers from various countries and there is strong likelyhood of many will forget to carry adapters. This should be available. On may even opt if they rent chargers! I did not like this at all.

Complimentary Breakfast was nice. Enough to get you going for at least half a day. So this is a big plus for this hotel.

As I had to stay only for a night, I found it ok - just below good.- like a one night stand!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sanjayicon
HamptonORD, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Guest
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your recent experience. I want to
personally Thank you for your comments on our hotel .
We want our guests to have the best experience possible where everything exceeds
their expectations.
You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that we keep improving
our services and amenities

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a
guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please visit
us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Jose Melendez

Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have stayed here several times before a flight and have always had a pleasant stay. The staff are friendly and helpful, a rarity at airport hotels in my experience. I particularly like the early 5.30 start to breakfast, which is what is needed for an early morning flight. If you can stay at a weekend it is also very good value. Location and access can be a bit of a problem: you need a car to get to local restaurants and driving there from the north or away to the south seem to require complicated moves on the dual carriageway passing the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed for the overnight to catch an early flight. In spite of being close to the airport, it was quite quiet and easy to sleep. Well kept up and very nice.
Breakfast was open promptly and well stocked, allowing us to eat and catch the shuttle for an early flight out of O'Hare.
Note the that you take the Thrifty Car Rental shuttle to get here. This is also very convenient if you rent from Thrifty (or Enterprise I think is next door also).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed here for four nights, and was very pleased. Nice, clean, decent size rooms. Very good breakfast. Great fruit, 2 waffle makers, bagels, and the usual cereals, oatmeal, and rice.
Nice indoor pool area with hottub.
Take the THRIFTY Car rental shuttle bus to get to and from the airport.
Only issue would be if you are there for more than one day without a vehicle, not really anyplace to walk to to eat or drink. I had a vehicle, so that was not a problem. Plenty of places 2-3 miles down Mannheim road to eat and drink.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front can have traffic noise. Get room facing the back or a higher floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed there overnight in June 2012 on business. Had to fly out at 9:30 the next morning. Got what I expected from a Hampton Inn - -and that is a positive thing. Quick, friendly service at the desk; comfy bed; no noise to speak of, even though my room backed up to the elevator shaft; bill and USA Today at the door; good breakfast including hot food with the news on TV; and convenience to O'Hare at a reasonable price. Nothing flashy or nice expected or needed. Would do it again for layover or just before a morning flight.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mazzetti

Dear Guest
personally Thank you for your comments on our hotel .
their expectations.
our services and amenities

us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Clean, comfortable and convienient for working travelers!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Paritravels
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Arrived via the free, air conditioned hotel shuttle (they use Thrifty Rental van) which runs every fifteen minutes or so. When you arrive at O'Hare (domestic flight) be sure to follow the signs to the car rental shuttle area (it's across the street from the side of the Hilton hotel). The courtesy shuttle driver had was the friendliest I've encountered in a while. Tips are accepted. The aroma of fresh baked cookies filled the lobby upon entry to this clean, well appointed, modern decorated Hampton Inn. Check in was quick and easy. The guest room was immaculate, plush, and very inviting for relaxing. A bit noisy on the main street side (Mannheim) so stay on the back side is recommended. Salt water pool (heated) and whirlpool.The price was right. Why stay anywhere else?

Room Tip: The Mannheim side of the hotel can get a bit noisy. So bring ear plugs or stay on the other side.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Comfort Suites O'Hare
Comfort Suites O'Hare
#3 of 9 in Schiller Park
SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare

Been to Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport? Share your experiences!