“Quality Inn O'Hare Airport”

Quality Inn O'Hare Airport
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Albany, New York
“Quality Inn O'Hare Airport”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Never again, Just looked at the charges on my credit card!! room was 79.99 for a two bedroom. I was charged $90 + the shuttle bus pick up and return to the hotel!! never mention that at the services desk!

Room Tip: Ask questions about this hotel and get receipt !!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Schiller Park
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Room was fine. Didn't get a chance to eat breakfast but complimentary coffee was like brown water both days. We were in a separate building and had no Ice machine or vending machines. Parking lot had never been plowed and was a disaster, snow a foot deep in all parking spaces. If you didn't have a 4WD vehicle I don't think you could have gotten out.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Like most people I was a "polar vortex" victim Jan. 2014 and needed a place to crash over night. Picking up the phone at O'hare, Quality Inn was a selection. They told me how to find the door to the bus. Waited maybe 10 minutes and rode another 10 to the hotel. Quickly checked in, room was clean, adequate. They have a restaurant/bar - Bella Sera. Prices are a bit high but very good service. I would stay again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank jmlucas33
Champaign, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Booked this hotel thur my Choice membership because they advertised airport shuttle and parking. There is NO mention of addtional charge for it....got to hotel bout 4 pm, was given a room, when I pulled back the bedspread the sheet were stained, instead of having the hassle of changing rooms just ask for housekeeping to come and change bed. They did. Further investigations found torn curtains, food crumbs under bed. We just sleep between the bedspread and the blanket.....yikes. Was tired had to get up very early the next morning for flight. When we inquired at the desk at 5 am for shuttle, we were THEN informed that to leave our car it would be $7.00 a day!!!! Really? When I mentioned there was nothing on the website that indicates you pay extra for parking, the desk clerk just looked at me and shrugged her shoulders,said there was nothing she could do. Asked for mgr, not here yet, of course not! Since we were choice club members and paid for room in advance, you would think they waive part if not all of the fee, since THEY made the mistake, but that would involve some CUSTOMER SERVICE!! We could have stayed at another hotel if I had that bit of info, so we had no choice but the pay the addtion fee. if you don' t advertise this then it's a rip off as you are holding the people hostage when at 5 am they have no other reprecussions. Coming back at 12 midnight, one would expect just a few minutes wait, but no, we waited about 45 minutes. Meet another couple on shuttle that use Jet N Fly, about 2 miles from hotel. Fee was either $8 or $9 a day. Next time we will just drive up and do this and save about $100 for a nasty room and don't care attitude.

Room Tip: Find another hotel near the airport
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AVN_24

Travelers are raving about these Schiller Park hotels

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stayed here when we flew out of O'hare. The shuttle service to the airport was fine. We arrived back in Chicago at 3 am the following week and had no issues getting a shuttle back to the hotel. We finally got into our room by 4 am and we were fast asleep. The room was ok, nothing fancy at all. We put the DO NOT disturb sign on our door because we had asked for a later check out. We thought we could sleep in. We were wrong!! Not once but TWICE the cleaning people tried getting into our room, and they were not quiet about it. The noise at the hotel was very loud. Not sure how the people cleaning could make so much noise but they sure did!!! So much for a late check out. We were out of the hotel by 11am.
Next time I would look for a more updated hotel with updated rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jackmuk7
United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel needs an update! The rooms are outdated and smell terrible. I was afraid to sleep in the rooms they were so gross. The front desk staff was very rude at checkin AND checkout. I would NEVER stay at this hotel and NEVER recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
White Lake, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

In my travels I've regarded Quality Inn to be perhaps one of the most Jekyll-and-Hyde hotel chains, sometimes, the property is perfectly fine, other times, its quite mediocre. This is my second stay at this property, and similar to the last time, I'd regard it as one of the decent to better Quality Inn properties I've stayed at.

The room wasn't totally updated but had carpet that looked to be recently replaced. Weird setup to the room with a armoire that held the old TV (no flat screen here) at an angle where it cut off part of the room behind it. They might want to look into changing the set-up of the room to maximize the space and make it look bigger. Bathroom looks to also have been recently renovated and while not glamourous in any way, was clean and functional. The A/C unit was difficult to regulate - it had a wall-mount thermostat and also had controls on the unit. We had to turn it up to 75 to keep things warm in the room which I thought slightly odd as we typically don't have to do that at home.

If I remember correctly (it was six years ago), I had a first floor room on my last visit. This time I was on the second floor. There was no elevator, so keep that in mind if you have a second floor room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#2 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare
Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport

Been to Quality Inn O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!