“Served it's Purpose”

Quality Inn O'Hare Airport
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were on a return trip from South Africa and needed a transit hotel for 8 hours. Checked in about 10:00 PM and were at the restaurant by it's 6:30 AM opening. Perhaps we were just lucky but we were in a double room in the main building. No smell, room was clean, beds were comfortable but there was no extra blanket to be found. No problem with noise. Breakfast was as described before (high carbs) but coffee was hot so we were happy.... is probably intended to get you by until you can get to a better meal later on.
Shuttle was in a constant loop about every 20 minutes and the drivers both directions were very nice (although the wait time was longer at the night pick-up...40 minutes).
I agree with other reviewers that the staff at the desk appear arrogant and not particularly interested in being helpful. I would return again if I needed a transit stop primarily because we did not experience any adverse events and the price was the best available when we booked.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The worse is the smell - very offensive odor!
Thin walls - can hear snores from next room
Yikes
No elevator to 2nd floor
Staff were extremely unfriendly - sad customer service - not trying to be helpful at all
Do not recommend to anybody
Need updates badly
Shuttle were every half hour not every 15 minutes

Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel was horrible! Mattresses stuck in downstairs stairwell....upstairs hallway smelled like urine! Room smaller...sink leaked When we called front desk to complain, they were totally disinterested and made no effort to resolve the problem.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Marilyn S
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We checked it for one night after a long flight. Just to start we were told kitchen of the Bela Sera restaurant closes at 10pm, but nevertheless we could order until 1040pm, we arrive 10 20pm. And surprise! Cook had left like 2 hours ago, manager did not even know! We got dinner somewhere else. We asked about breakfast times, and manager clearly said 6-10am, we went downstairs at 9am just to find out it was actually from 6 to 9am. Room is fairly clean, although it needs urgent renovation.
We are looking now for another place to stay, and I personally would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank davidaraya09
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great location, well priced, great bar located on the premises, great rooms, free use of high speed computer, free shuttle to/from O'Hare. Great parking rates. Friendly accommodating staff as I asked for a late check-out and got it at no cost. Saw a lot of pilots/stewardesses here.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed the night prior to our trip overseas. The check-in was ok, but less than friendly. You could hear everything in the next room. However, it was a good nights sleep. We did the stay, park, and fly. Upon returning, we called the hotel for pickup. When the shuttle didn't come for 35 minutes, we called again as did the couple standing next to us. They had been standing for 45 minutes. The shuttle had driven by and hadn't stopped, so they had to send it back. As we were pulling out of the airport, we overheard the hotel ask the driver if he had picked up someone at another location. He had forgot, but he would go back and get them after dropping us off. That would have been another 30 minutes for those people to wait. When we got back to the hotel, I went in to tell them I was picking up my car, and they seemed less concerned about it as talking to another staff member. It was like OK see you later. We'll stay, park, and fly somewere else next time.

Room Tip: We assume the rooms are all the same. Hotel was located next to a major 4-lane highway. It would pos...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pheenom38
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I had stayed at this hotel many, many times. I knew almost everyone and vice versa. However, I made a reservation for a one night stay and the person working the front desk acted as if they didn't remember or know who I am. The reason I say that, they called me by name a few times in the past! Anyway, to make a long story short--They would not give me the room at the airline crew discount, due to my not having my crew ID in my possession. Rather they wanted me to pay almost $100 (including taxes). Instead I went to another hotel where I wasn't given a hard time.

Other than the front desk personnel losing my business for that night AND future nights. The hotel itself is OK. The shuttle service is 24/7 and it runs every 15 minutes. The TVs need to be upgraded. There's only one ice machine and it's in the main building. There are two buildings, the main one and the one beside it(Me personally, I preferred the secondary building, you will need a key to gain access). You hear the traffic. However after hearing the planes take off, you should pay them no attention. The secondary building is (to me) a lot quieter, then again I'm used to hearing jet engines. (Lol)

There's not much to eat. You have the restaurant inside the hotel. The food's OK.

I have really enjoyed staying at this hotel-however I don't take too kindly when someone (in jest) calls me a liar.

It's a shame--they lost a very valuable customer.

• Stayed: April 2013
#4 of 9 in Schiller Park
Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont
Regal Inn Chicago-O'hare Airport Franklin Park

Been to Quality Inn O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!