“Very Good Hotel - Close to Airport”

Quality Inn O'Hare Airport
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Scotland
“Very Good Hotel - Close to Airport”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We spent 2 nights here prior to flying to New York. The hotel is in nice condition and we had a pleasant, clean 2 double bed room which was a good size and more than adequate for the 3 of us.
Staff were very helpful and we had a very good meal in the hotel restaurant.
There is a shuttle bus to and from the airport but beware that if there are a lot of guests travelling at the same time, the buses are quite small so give yourself plenty of time in case you don't get on the first bus.
This happened to us as there were a lot of air crew waiting to get to the airport. To their credit however reception staff ordered two large taxis to clear the backlog and we made the airport in time.
We would certainly use the Quality Inn if ever we are flying from O'Hare again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Reviewed June 25, 2011

My wife & I stay here a lot as commuters, were both Flight Attendants for a major airline out of Ohare. We commute from Phoenix to Chicago to fly to work. My wife made a reservation with Marco over the phone, told him it would be two of us & the total price was $43.00 something change. We get here & the front desk lady says its $53.00 for the second building. I told her what Marco said & she said he's new & probably didn't here us on the phone. I know he heard us I was standing next to my wife when she called & said there were two of us. The front desk clerk was very rude to my wife & not very friendly. This is not how you treat repeat customers. I will make sure to pass this along to my airline friends & non airline friends to avoid the Quality Inn at Chicago Ohare for now on. I will also be passing this along to Triple AAA & the BBB.

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank winkrob92

Travelers are raving about these Schiller Park hotels

Reviewed June 18, 2011

We will not stay here again. First problem was they for some reason took our garbage cans from our room the first day of room service. The 2nd problem we found out our room dude not lock, you did not need to use the room key, they fixed it, lasted a few hours and broke again. The other problem was the pool was broke the whole time we were there were (4 nights) and when we asked for a break on rooms because of Ni pool and that's one of the reasons we stayed their, they replied that it hasn't been great pool weather anyway. Only good things were cheap, breakfast not bad and free and hotel shuttle to and from o'hare ( blue line).

• Stayed June 2011
Wisconsin
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stranded by United Airlines at O'Hare last week, we scrambled to find a nearby hotel with shuttle service to the airport that wasn't too expensive. This one is a couple of miles from thte airport, cost about $80, and provides a free shuttle, which picked us up promptly and runs 24 hours. The room was clean, the sheets were smooth, and the bed comfortable. Only one problem. The room was very warm and the air conditioner fan was very, very noisy. It woke us up every time it cycled on.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WisconsinKizzy1
Taylorville, Illinois
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Transportation to Airport/CTA trains was very good.

When we came back to the room, there were no sheets on the beds. When we went to the lady in the laundry room, she told us it wasn't her job. We called the front desk and she told us it was her job. After listening to arguing outside our room, the beds were made up. The housekeeping room was only a couple doors down from our room, and we could hear the music they were playing in our room. Made it hard to take a nap.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Freeport, Illinois
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We did the park and fly. I would agree with the over all of the other reviews. It is nice but a little dated. Our room was clean and nice. No problems. The outside there was a lot of trash and I was a little worried about it as if I should stay when we pulled up but inside is just fine. The employees were friendly and helpfull getting us to the plane on time. I found the bed a little hard but my wife likes a firmer bed anyway. We left too early for breakfast. The shuttle was on time and right to the door. The parking is not secured which bothers me a little. I will stay again when flying out of ORD but I will check this site again to get an update on the condition before I book.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
East Moline, Illinois
Reviewed March 4, 2011

My husband & I stayed at this hotel the night before flying out to Cancun. We took advantage of the Park & Fly, which was an awesome deal. We paid $80 for a one night stay and they allowed us to park our vehicle in their lot for the week we were on vacation. They did a free shuttle to and from Ohare, which was so convenient. The hotel was easy to find. Front desk answered all of our questions and were very helpful with everything we needed. I am a stickler on cleanliness, especially in hotels & I was very impressed for the value how clean it was. This hotel has a nice restaurant/bar on location that had good food and good drink specials. They also have a free hot breakfast for their guest. Their shuttle and parking were easy to use. I would highly recommend the Quality Inn Ohare.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
#3 of 9 in Schiller Park
Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Regal Inn Chicago-O'hare Airport Franklin Park

Been to Quality Inn O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!