“You get what you pay for”

O'Hare Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Edmonton
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

This is your typical cheap airport hotel. Basic ammenities (ie close to nothing), airport shuttle and a remote location. Overall I'm fine with what it is, but I do have several things to complain.
1. Pathetic breakfast. As many have said, just don't advertise that you have continental breakfast if you're too cheap to even buy breads or juice.
2. If my memory serves me right, when I booked this place, the website said free printing. Yup I'm a cheap grad student who planned to print out my draft and worked on it at the hotel. Then when I was already to work, I saw the sign on the printer saying $1 charge. I know hotels do usually charge for those things and i am totally fine with them doing that. The point is that advertisement is lying. No way around that.
3. Disinterested frontdesk, esp the lady. She always looks tired and slight rude. Not very helpful either. I always felt like its my fault to waste her time after talking to her. Not good.
4. Long wait at he airport. Their shuttle is usually on time leaving the hotel but never for the airport pickup. I'm pretty sure their standard answer for the call for pickup is 'it'll be there in 15 mins'. But I've waited for almost an hour one time.
But gotta say, the daytime driver, Victor, is very nice.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Judy L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
London
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Since I was only in Chicago for a night with heavy luggage I thought I'd stay near the airport and arrived a couple of hours before check in. The disinterested reception girl said it would be $30 to check in early or $15 for them to store my luggage, ridiculous! No mention of breakfast and she generally made me feel very unwelcome. There were 10 steps to my room which made it very difficult for me to transport my suitcase. Generally a tired place in need of an update and a change of staff!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Arabella_P

Travelers are raving about these Schiller Park hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was very pleased. Room was a little outdated, but clean. I was able to park my car there. This was included in the price of my room. The driver, Victor, for the shuttle, was very helpful and was always on time for taking us to and from the airport. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The price was very reasonable and it seemed in the ad to have all i needed including transportation to and from the airport and acontinental breakfast. <
My first problem was pickup at the airport. Even though it is very close to the airport, they told me the bus would be ther in 20 - 30 minutes. It took an hour. I checked in and everyone was nice, but to get to my room, I had to carry luggage either up 6 steps or down 6 steps. for the closest room. Lobby had coffee, but no decaf and no table and chairs. The bed was adequated but pillows were tiny. Breakfast was a joke. The choice was cheerios or corn flakes. Only full fat milk, and packaged cheese and crackers. The business center was an old computer and a printer that they charged $1 per page to print.

Room Tip: Decide what's important to you. If I had just gone to sleep overnight and get on the next plane...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank nanaar
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was in town for two nights and needed affordable accomodations. I found this hotel, although no frills, very nice. The staff is what makes this place a great place to stay. My first time in Chicago on my own, They gave me helpful tips for getting around town, and even drove me to CVS to pick up supplies! I felt very secure and would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on a budget. My stay was in Sept 2009, not Aug 2012

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Debra R
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed here with a friend for a nearby conference. On the plus side, the room was large, clean, and no bugs. Yes, the property does look a little old and worn, but given the prices, it's a pretty acceptable tradeoff.

My only complaints were 1) the breakfast was just cereal and crackers when I was there, and 2) despite booking a room with two beds, which they charge extra for on their website, I got a room with a single bed. I did get switched to a room with two beds the next day, but they wouldn't refund the difference in the room price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Ohio
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We called the hotel to book our room a mont ago, front desk said just do it online. Ok. We arrive late at night to check in and they inform us they have lost our reservation. Hotel is in a spooky location, I wouldn't have wanted to stay there anyhow once I saw it.

• Stayed May 2013
Comfort Suites O'Hare
Comfort Suites O'Hare
#3 of 9 in Schiller Park
Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport

Been to O'Hare Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!