“Great food, fun place”
Review of Great Escape

Great Escape
Reserve with OpenTable
Great Escape is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2013

What an excellent restaurant. The staff was very friendly and accommodating for our party of 15. The menu had a variety to choose from and all of it was fantastic. The history of this restaurant and story is captivating and the original bar area is breath taking. I recommend that you do not miss out on the chance to visit this restaurant next time you are in the area.

There are newer reviews for Great Escape

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I found this place with the menu The Candlewood Suites had in the room. I love broasted chicken so I gave it a try. The meal was good - some of the best broasted chicken I've had. The staff was friendly and attentive without getting in the way. I sat on their outside deck which has plenty of tables and plenty of room between the tables. All in all, a nice place to eat!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The Great Escape was recommended to us by the staff of the Hampton Inn, near Chicago O'Hare airport. We went early evening as we were tired. The restaurant provides a free shuttle bus to and from the restaurant (5pm-10.00pm Mon to Sun). The Great Escape had a good atmosphere and the staff were welcoming. Our waitress was wonderful - helpful, friendly and nice. Food was good and I was allowed to sample the draft beers before choosing my drink! When we were ready, we asked for a ride back to the hotel. No problem!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is an excellent restaurant, in all aspects . We were picked up by their shuttle van at our hotel, and the driver was friendly, courteous and helpful. The waitstaff couldn't have been more efficient and gracious. The food was extraordinary. I recommend it whole-heartedly!

1  Thank Carmen R
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Good food. Had ribs and chicken. Really liked the ribs.
Very neat history which is embraced. Well worth asking and hearing and reading about.
Service very good. Attentive, not intrusive.
Great having shuttle bus from hotel. They have plenty of parking, but not having to drive there was nice and it was fun talking to the driver.
Interesting to see the big wind turbine out back.

I would recommend eating here.