“Local restaurant with great food and bar”
Review of Great Escape

Great Escape
Reserve with OpenTable
Great Escape is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Try the Lobster and Crab Bisque and the Ribs. I also really like the Shrimp Po Boy. Both the concierge art my hotel and one of the other guests recommended this place and it was a great suggestion. I have been there for a business meal as well as for pleasure and it suited my purposes. Service is very friendly and knowledgeable from their menu to giving us the low down on the local area.

It has a locals feel and is very friendly from staff to the locals, with a nice ambiance and great bar. There is interesting stuff on the walls which makes it homey. Perhaps the most telling thing we experienced about this restaurant happened when we stopped by and for some reason it was not open. Maybe we were there too early? The owner or was he the manager (???) happened in. He saw us in the car searching our Android for another place, said hello and was very friendly. We shot the breeze for few minutes and he suggested a few other places. As we were leaving he said wait a sec and ran inside, then out he came with a bottle of BBQ sauce as a come back and see us treat. While dining or just stopping by these people value you as a customer and a human, This says a lot about the place.

2  Thank SDLightpainter

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We ate inside and then chatted on the nice outdoor patio. The food was pretty good. We had breaded pork. The server was great. She noticed we were all in suits and asked why. We explained we were in town for a funeral. The soup and salad was fresh along with the bread. Extra gravy...no problem.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have done business with the Great Escape on many occassions, and have recommended the restaurant to many people. However this June I called to get a quote on 150 pieces of chicken for a party I was throwing on the 15th. The girl I spoke with said she would ask the manager for the dollar amount and get back to me, she did and quoted $159.00., tax included. I placed the order, had a friend pick it for me, since I gave the rest. my credit card number for payment. When I was given the receipt they charged me $196.00. The next day I called to ask why I was charged more than the quote, and was told the manager would call me back. Never called back. I am no longer recommending this restaurant. I am no longer a customer. How ethical is this?

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was stuck at O'hare at a local hotel (weather cancelled my flight) and tried the Great Escape for dinner. I arrived early 3:00 pm and sat at the bar. Bridgette was the bartender and treated me great. I had the crab cakes, ribs, and french onion soup. The food was excellent and the place very clean, obviously a local's favorite judging by all the regulars who came in. I would recommend this restuarant with a great bar area to travelers. They will even pick you up and drop you back off for free in their delivery mini van if you are at a local hotel. All it took was a call and they pick you up promptly. I also found out that they deliver and I feel they would be an excellent choice for eat in at the hotel. I was at the Fairfield Inn - O'hare.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great food, both as a full meal or just a sandwich. Nice selection of beers. Staff very helpful with discription of meal and willing to suggest a beverage you may enjoy.