“Great place for a quick bite!”
Review of Jay's Beef

Jay's Beef
Chicago, Illinois
“Great place for a quick bite!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you are looking to try a Chicago beef sandwich this is one of the go to places. Although I feel quality has gone down since I was a child, they still server one of the best beefs in this area.

Choose from Beefs, dogs, burgers, fries, tamale, drinks

The dogs are also very good here and I suggest ordering it with everything (a true Chicago style dog). The shakes are refreshingly good.

TIP: There is a second location on Montrose across from Wright College.

The staff could use some lessons in manners. There are several seats in a somewhat uninviting environment.

• Visited May 2014

Memphis
“Awesome sandwich and atmosphere!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

In Chicago on business for a week at O'Hare. Had to try Jay's Beef. I got the combo (Beef and Sausage) sandwich, fries, and a drink. The sandwich was great as were the fries. The guys behind the counter were really enjoyable to talk with, helpful and welcoming. Wanted to try the Italian Ice but was too full. Next trip! If you are ever in Chicago, around O'Hare, you've got to give it a try!

• Visited August 2013
GRAYSLAKE
“Forget Mr Beef or Al's, Jay's is the best.”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Having moved to the northern burbs, Jays is one of the places I miss. Thee best beef sandwiches in the city. I have been here, but mostly the Harwood Heights location. The beef is always tender, never rubbery, and the au jus is amazing. Pretty darn good pepper & egg on Gonnella also. A few times I came in I had my beef with fries, then went to order another. Jay Fortuna asked if I was that hungry, and I told him that I had to bring one home for my wife, as i was in the area to visit a friend. He didn't know I moved to the far northern burbs and was glad I stopped in he comped me the beef & fries. That's the great thing about neighborhood places, and don't be surprised to see Jay sweeping or cleaning tables. He is hands on and a great person. Stop in at any of their locations, you won't be disappointed. Jays doesn't have to boast like Al's or Mr Beef, his food speaks for itself.

1 Thank Riveras
Chicago, Illinois
“Yum”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Loveeee their cheese sauce here! I always get cheesedogs, cheese fries, or pizza puffs. My family loves the beef's and combos though. Def worth a try if you're in the area!

Visited December 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
“Want Real Italian Beef?”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Whenever I get a craving for a real Italian Beef sandwich, I go to Jay's Beef. I have been all over the country and sampled "Italian Beef" and have been greatly disappointed. It just ain't the same! Jay's is located on Irving Park Rd and 25th Ave.near O'Hare Airport and Rosemont. It's a small place with about10 tables for 4. They make the usual sandwiches, but their real specialties are Italian Beef and Italian Combos (Beef & Sausage). You can order them "wet" or "dry" and add Green/Reed sweet peppers and/or hot giardiniera (Italian hot pepper relish in olive oil). Jay's does a large take out business, so don't get scared off if you see a line or the parking lot is full. So, if you want the real deal in Chicago Italian Beef, I recommend a visit to Jay's Beef.

• Visited August 2012