“newly renovated suites”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Henderson, Nevada
“newly renovated suites”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had an unexpected layover in Chicago and United Airlines put me up in this hotel. There is a free shuttle to and from airport. You must call from airport it doesn't come regularly like the other hotels seemed to as I waited for the comfort suites shuttle. The room was newly renovated so it felt very clean and tidy. I left early the next morning but slept great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank rhopper276

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Largo, Maryland
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was visiting on September 21, 2012 for a friend's 50th birthday party. The hotel was great. I had a clean room, the bed was clean. The carpet was not stained. The bathroom was nice. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Vaughan, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2013

First of all the service at this hotel is horrible. The people that work at the front desk are just plain rude and to top it off are liars. We called for the shuttle service right after we got off the plane. Thirty minutes later it still did not arrive. We called and they proceeded to tell us that the shuttle would be another twenty minutes. Our son was already crying. The man Javier told us to take a taxi and his manager would reimburse us in the morning. Well when we got to the hotel Javier was gone and the guy at the front desk and girl were extremely rude saying that it did not matter that Javier said that, it was NOT going to happen. You know what it was only 25.00 but it was not even about the money. It was about the way we were treated. I don't even think I want to come back to Chicago if people are like that.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank mariatia74

Travelers are raving about these Schiller Park hotels

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a late review of our 2012 road trip across the US. We stayed at the Comfort Suites in July of 2012. However on the first night there was little water pressure and no hot water. The desk clerks response for 2 days was they were working on it. The maids left one cup for 3 of us, and no soap or shampoo. The rooms were fairly clean. The old air conditioner was very noisy, waking us up a few times during the evenings. We asked the desk clerks for directions on a few occasions, and none of them gave correct directions.
We ate at the hotel restaurant, which was okay, however the waitress, would leave and sit at the bar in deep conversation with businessmen.
The advantage to staying here was an inexpensive hotel, near Chicago, free parking, and easy access to the city by train.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dacula, Georgia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Unfortunately we stayed here long enough to critique this hotel on just about all their deficiencies. First of all, that room pictured with the kitchen isn't what you will get and I pointed out that we were expecting a larger room with a kitchen since we were staying 8 nts, the girl at the front desk told me there weren't any yet we saw in one that the maids were cleaning so we knew they had them. The pullout sofa sleeper was so old and worn we had to layer blankets on it to cushion so my son couldn't feel the springs coming through. Two of our eight nights the maid didn't even clean our room. Breakfast was organized chaos. The one lady working was more concerned with gathering your stupid ticket to get in vs refilling any of the food or coffee. The banquet hall and sports bar are loud and the patrons of those are all over the parking lot and lobby acting a fool with their inebriated selves. Be prepared to park at the bar next door since on the weekends they let the parking lot fill up with all the banquets guests leaving nowhere for the hotel guests to park. The only pro is proximity to the convention center without paying $200+ a night. Other than that, horrendous.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Lhutch72
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Sometimes you just have to shake your head in disbelief and wonder just WHAT is going through the minds of people at a hotel. When I went to this hotel in June I arrived without a reservation. I went to the desk and presented my Choice Privilege card and requested a room. I was quoted a price at least $30 more than the quote on the Choice Hotels web site. I was curtly informed that I would need to go online or call the toll-free number in order to get that rate. I played their silly game, wasting my time and their money (toll-free numbers are only free for the caller, the business has to pay) and made my reservations. If I hadn't been pressed for time I would have told them thanks but no thanks and tried to find another hotel.

The room was older but functional. I was in town on business so the only thing I did in the room was sleep and shower. There was nothing that stood out, good or bad, in the room. Everything worked as it should, which is a good thing given some of the rooms one encounters while traveling. The breakfast was sparse, and the door was promptly locked at 9 AM to ensure that no one came in one minute late. Given that Chicago is such an important city that receives visitors from different time zones perhaps a little leeway should be allowed -- I certainly am not implying they should wait until 11:30 for stragglers, but on they other hand they should not turn away someone who may have flown in from the west coast the night before simply because they showed up 35 seconds late.

The room itself was comfortable and provided a good night's rest; however, the staff experience was much less than accommodating. I would not recommend this hotel until the staff gets a refresher course in emphasizing the "service" in the service industry.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Got2GoAllTheTime
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I spent 3 nights at Comfort Suites O'Hare last summer. The room was clean and in a good shape. We got 2 double beds for 2 adults and 2 kids. Enough space for all of us. The staffs were nice and friendly. We took the free shuttle everyday to Rosemont train station and from there going to the city was a breeze. The food they served for breakfast was good. Right behind the hotel there was Aldi to buy bottled water and little things we need during our stay. Next to Aldi there was a small Chinese restaurant with good food. We had great experience staying at Comfort Suites O'Hare.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Best Western At O'Hare
#17 of 18 in Rosemont
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare
Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport

Been to Comfort Suites O'Hare? Share your experiences!