“Very friendly and close to airport”

Comfort Suites O'Hare
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Very friendly, clean and close to O'Hare Airport. Went for an overnight flight with our 2 yr old, the staff was great to get us a snack at 4 am for our baby. The shuttle was on time and both drivers were really nice. Good place to stay if overnighting at ORD.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed November 30, 2011

I was in Chicago and needed a hotel because I had lost my wallet. I had some Avios points with British Airways and was able to book ema hotel asap. This property is not in a good location, but because it saved me I would recommend it. The morning breakfast was ok and the rooms are ok. You get your money's worth.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2011

OK. I was a bit put off at first about this property as it is pretty much located on a median strip just outside of O'Hare airport. After my initial shock, I was somewhat impressed.

When I checked into the room I was very impressed. Spacious, clean, well laid out and well lit. About the only beef that I had with the place was that their wi-fi was horrible. I would stay here again if I was heading in/out of O'Hare.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank projectorfixer
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I needed a hotel close to the airport with shuttle service and a reasonable price. I specifically chose this hotel because of the shuttle service -- as I flew in from overseas and had to catch a flight the next morning. If you are very familiar with Chicago O'Hare Airport, you will be fine. If, however, you are not, good luck. After getting off a 14-hour flight, I spent over an hour looking for the place you are supposed to meet the shuttle. I finally took a taxi. The hotel desk clerk wasn't a big help. Actually he was most annoying. The suite was good -- roomy. Coffee and coffee pot were in the room but no coffee cup -- something I didn't notice until I wanted coffee, but free breakfast was available. I don't know how much the Hilton is, but it is literally at the airport. I definitely will check that out next time instead of wasting time.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Anita G
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We chose this hotel because it was handy to O'Hare airport and they offered a free shuttle service. When we arrived we phoned the hotel and the shuttle came and collected us directly. The shuttle also dropped us the train station when we wanted to go into Chicago city and also to the conference centre. The breakfast was excellent and the staff very helpful. The room was a good size and very clean. The decor is old but if you want a hotel at a resonable price this is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Good budget hotel that has alot to offer
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank I_C_H49
Reviewed October 29, 2011

The only highlight of this hotel was James at the front desk who put up with my continual problems and stayed professional and friendly. Stayed one night after flying in to watch my son's lacrosse tournament - wanted something reasonably priced and near airport - ended up using Choice points. My first room smelled like smoke, even though the property is non smoking. I decided I had better look for bed bugs and instead I found that there was a great deal of male leg hair and pubic hair in the bed. Upon closer inspection, I found toe/fingernails in the bed. DISGUSTING - obviously someone on the housekeeping staff needs to be fired - who doesn't change the sheets between guests? I walked into the bathroom and found two LONG, COARSE HAIRS on the edge of the tub right next to the folded towel! Really? I was given a different room and it smelled better and was cleaned to a reasonable standard. If I was going to be in town for more than one night, I would have checked out and gone somewhere better.

NOTE: I have stayed at a large variety of Comfort Inn and Comfort Suites over the last 6 months (while traveling for work and son's lacrosse) and I am surprised at the lack of consistency across the brand. Bloomsburg, PA - one of the nicest hotels (in this class) that I have stayed at. NYC Times Square - so revolting that I checked out within 45 minutes. Choice needs to step up and oversee their brand more closely.

Room Tip: Check bed for clean sheets and move to an entirely different floor if you get sheets that haven'...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2011

This is a functional hotel experience, and as such, the hotel did what it was supposed to do. Bed? Check. Four walls and a ceiling? Check. Check. I was stranded by American Airlines at O'Hare, and the reward was an all expenses paid visit to the Comfort Suites, O'Hare. I arrived at 11 pm, grabbed a bite to eat at the restaurant/bar, and managed 4 hours of sleep before my early flight out the next day. The bar food was good - served at about 11:30 pm, so my bar was pretty low at that point. The room was reasonably comfortable, quiet and about as clean as you'd expect a $50/night hotel room to be. The airport shuttle experience is a buzz kill. You need to call the hotel to alert them to the fact that you need to be picked up. I only discovered this when I got to the hotel shuttle pick-up spot, and was told the shuttle would be there in 10-15 minutes. Two more calls and 40 minutes later, the shuttle arrived - just to add to the experience of being stranded in Chicago for a night and eat further into whatever little sleep/down time I had coming to me.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Best Western Plus O'Hare International South Hotel
Edward Hotel Chicago
Edward Hotel Chicago
#17 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Comfort Suites O'Hare? Share your experiences!