“Friendly staff, great breakfast”

Comfort Suites O'Hare
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights after landing in the US from the UK at the start of our Route 66 Roadtrip. It was my very first taste of America and I loved this hotel. The staff were lovely and were fascinated by our English accents which made us feel even more special!! We had a suite on the top floor and it was HUGE. It had a whirlpool bath as well as a shower. We let our daughters have the kingsize bed in their own bedroom while me and my husband had the sofa bed in the lounge. When we booked the hotel we had expected the sofa bed to be a double but really it was only big enough for 1 person. However it didn't bother us at all, we were just excited to be there at all. View from the window was great too, looking towards the airport. Breakfast was my fav thing here. Lots of choice from waffles and syrup to scrambled egg, toast, fruit, pastries. Would love to come back some day. There was a shuttle bus to the train station/airport too which we used to explore Chicago.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

We were looking to tour Chicago over a period of 3 days and were searching for an affordable hotel with parking. This one was 15 minutes away from the city and had FREE parking. The check in was easy, they do mention about a hold for safe deposit which you need to decline while checking out to avoid being charged. We booked a king suite and the place was decent enough. The carpets need some attention as they are worn out to the bottom. We had sumptuous continental free breakfast. Overall a nice stay and I'd definitely recommend for anyone trying to stay near O'hare.

1  Thank dealbuster
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Busy weekend in Chicago. I had a tough time finding a room with two beds. I needed one night last minute before flying home. I kept checking and eventually the Comfort Suites popped up with availability. Having tried a Comfort Suites for the first night in another town a few days earlier, and being really impressed, I booked this location hoping for the same good experience. Unfortunately, this was not even close.

Check-in was easy, but not quite friendly. Was read the list of rules ("no smoking or you'll be charged", "if we find you with a pet we're gonna charge you", "if we find you used the safe we'll charge you). I'm not a smoker and was not traveling with pets, but it wasn't what was said, but how he said it I guess. Customer service was lacking and not very welcoming. It's all about attitude.

Room was a suite with an actual door to seperate the areas. We had two double beds and a sleeper sofa. The sleeper sofa was a single. The sofa pillows were really stained and the mattress was thin and you could feel all of the metal mechanics of it when you lie down. TV's were old Zeniths (didn't they go out of business years ago?) and the clicker was missing batteries.

Bathroom was pretty nasty. Discovered hairs on floor and tub upon check-in and some mystery stains on the wall that looked like some type of body fluid (blood or worse...ewww!) Obviously housekeeping is lazy and cutting corners, hoping people won't notice. Guess what? I noticed!

I also noticed the lack of vacuuming next to the bed. Bed was comfortable. I checked for bugs and didn't see any. I don't routinely do this, but this place made me a little leery. Room on 8th floor was pretty quiet except for a/c which was a bit loud. There was a birthday party and a wedding and I could see it being loud if you were on a lower floor.

I grew up nearby and wasn't excited about the location. I would rather stay a little farther north on River Rd. The only plus is that we were out of the flight path of O'Hare airport which can be loud at a lot of other hotels in the area.

Was too grossed out by bathroom to take a shower before checking out. My husband did and said the water pressure was lacking.

This hotel does not have a pool.

Checked out and the same guy who checked us in was working. I told him about the clicker missing batteries, so someone else doesn't discover it late at night as we did, and he just kinda shrugged.

I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher the better, if you want quiet.
4  Thank kawill
Reviewed July 27, 2011

When we got there to check in after making my reservation via phone to the hotel a month ago the handicapped room i had requested with two double beds,I was informed they only had handicapped rooms with king beds no handicapped room came with double beds.we were there for a 5 day stay. On Monday after a long day downtown called for the shuttle from Rosemont station 3 phone calls and one hour and a half later shuttle finally shows up figured it was a one time thing till tue it took 45 mins when i spoke to manager she said shuttle drivers fault shuttle driver says not his they never called him so the both claimed was others fault and no one took responsibility...I would think hard about staying there again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a conference. We stayed 6 days. Upon checkin, there was a wedding and there was no parking, but the gentleman working the parking area was kind enough to find us a spot and even helped get us luggage carts to get us started on our move in. When we returned to our room after our fist full day at the conference, nothing had been done to the room....no linens, no towels, no new coffee.....so at 11pm we had to call the desk to at least get things for our start in the morning. The rest of the week we had no problem with housekeeping. Breakfast in the lobby was good and it saved a lot of time and cash by having it all right there. The shuttle service was excellent each day except one (not their fault that the Casino opened up just down the street and traffic was a nightmare!). All in all an average stay at an average hotel. Beds were comfy, air conditioning was a bit loud, suite was small and had seen better days, fridge and microwave a big plus.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Needed a handicap room. Was given a room above the ballroom. The noise was so bad it vibrated through the room. Had to move to a non-handicap room until they got me another. Rooms need upgrading. Carpet old, walls need paint, tv's are old and some stations too dark to watch. When I came back to my room in the evening there was still a piece of paper from a candy still in the middle of the floor. A/c is noisy. Free breakfast was acceptable. Shuttle was available.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank traveling98
Reviewed July 7, 2011

The staff were outstanding: helpful and courteous. The room was dirty in ways it should not have been (sink, table top, rug, bathroom floor). The air conditioning worked just right (it was really hot outside) and it was great to have a fridge and microwave. Internet was free and FAST! The cushions on the sofa-bed were disturbingly stained and the phone handset wire had to be held in place to work. The location was easy to get to and we parked just down the street at the Rosemont station for $5 (14 hours) to take the blue line into the city. (Hotel has a free shuttle but it stops at 11 PM). We love Chicago and will probably consider staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center
2 mi away
Best Western Plus O'Hare International South Hotel
Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont

Been to Comfort Suites O'Hare? Share your experiences!