“Free shuttle to Airport”

Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Orlando, Florida
“Free shuttle to Airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed her for business for a few days in June. Good Value for the money hotel has everything a business traveler needs. Good hotel for access to airport but horrible location to explore Chicago. It can take up to an hour to get to the city with traffic. Hotel has room service and a restaurant but there is nothing with in walking distance.
Pros
Free internet, Free Parking, Large Room, Room service, 24 hour shuttle to airport
Cons
No public transpiration near hotel, distance from Chicago, no free breakfast

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pdrocean
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Deaer pdrocean,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Four Points. We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel features and amenities. To get to downtown Chicago from our hotel, you can also take the el or metra in addition to driving. We hope you'll come back to see us soon! Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
Albany, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel is adequate and I got a good couple nights sleep. The staff seemed as tired as the hotel. They were not overly friendly or helpful. The sound wasn't working on the T.V. The man who fixed it, did the job, but didn't try to be pleasant. The hotel was busy and seemed to be having a number of private parties when we were there. The workout area wasn't bad. They had a nice selection of equipment. They had an indoor pool and hot tub. There is a gift shop and restaurant. The restaurant is more like a diner. I had a turkey club and a burger. Both were good, not spectacular, but good. They were fairly priced. The hotel and restaurant are dated. The shuttle to the airport was convenient. There are shops and pizza places around to order food. The water pressure was good and made for a quick shower. The maids were pleasant. Overall it was ok.

Dear ohtracey2010,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed our workout facilities, shuttle service and location. We appreciate your feedback about our hotel features and restaurant and are looking for ways to improve the condition of the hotel. We hope you'll come back to see us. Take care!
Winter Garden, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here one night and then was able to park the car for our week long trip. One daughter was flying in from California and landed at 1 a.m. and easily walked out and found the shuttle to get to the hotel. Then the next morning the 3 of us took the shuttle to the airport and then back again to the hotel a week later. Shuttle was always timely with what they posted and the drivers were very good.
We didn't use any of the facilities - the room was clean and comfortable.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear PLan977,
We really appreciate your review - thanks for sharing! We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed our parking package, shuttle service and overall experience at Four Points. We hope you'll come see us when you are next in the area. Take care!
Fort Wayne, IN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Excellent value for park and fly. Clean rooms. Good restaurant and bar -- nothing fancy or upscale. Good staff. One, however, gave us wrong directions to I-294 south. Cost us 35 min. Good functional hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear OpenToNewAdventure,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Four Points. We are delighted that you enjoyed our parking package, rooms and restaurant. We apologize for the direction error and hope that you were able to make it to your destination in time. We hope you'll stay with us should your travel plans bring you back to the area. Take care!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Having now tried Aloft and Four Points at O'hare I think they are largely a toss up. Aloft is newer and has more modern decor but no real food on property. FP has a restaurant on sure that provides room service. They happily adjusted menu items to be gluten free and the prices were reasonable. Both hotels have a free shuttle to the airport 24/7.

For some reason I was given the very last room down a very long hallway, though it was clear the hotel was practically empty. If you have mobility issues you might want to request a room closer to the lobby. On the upside, there was no noise at all outside my room.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear NYCNikki,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Four Points. We are delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay, shuttle service and that our restaurant was able to adjust menu items to be gluten free. We hope you'll come back to see us soon. Take care!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was on business and my normal hotel was booked. This is another "preferred" hotel on our company travel site. I cannot believe Sheraton even hangs their name on this property. They gave me a room in what was apparently in an older wing. Outdated doesn't even begin to describe it. The room smelled, the bathroom was tiny and the AC was having issues. If I wasn't so tired, I would have requested another room. Then, it was storming all night and the power kept going out. I guess that is out of their control. I will never stay at this property again. I'd rather sleep in my rental car.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Schiller Park hotels

Champaign, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

In general, the hotel is very outdated and smells bad in some parts. Housekeeping and upkeep is very poor. Several light bulbs were out in the room and it has a very depressing feel everywhere you go.

My specific experience at this hotel is mind boggling. At about 11pm, while my 2 year old was sleeping, water began leaking through the ceiling of my room. Not getting too bent out of shape, I called the front desk and told them what was happening and the lady said she would have a new key brought to me. No problem. When the manager arrived, he handed me a new key and told me to call the front desk when I was out of the old room. Did he bring a luggage cart for me to move my crap? No. Did he ask if I wanted one? No. Did he offer to help? Of course not.

After finally moving out of the old room and into the new one (which was on a different floor and had 2 queens, not 1 king like we specifically requested), we had a decent night's sleep. The next morning I approached the front desk and asked what they were going to do to compensate me for the inconvenience. The girl looked at me like I had two heads and after a moment said, "Well, we did give you a different room." Oh gee, thanks for not making me stay in the leaking room all night. After I continued to insist, she offered me a free breakfast. When I reminded her that I had to wake up a sleeping baby and move all my crap to a different room in the middle of the night, she very reluctantly offered to take $10 off my room. That was actually fine with me, but I could tell that she thought it was completely unreasonable of me to think that they owed me a thing despite the terrible experience. That being the case, I told her to just keep it and walked off.

This hotel is total crap and smells like it too. If you're looking to save money, you might as well go another step down and stay at a discount chain where I'm sure you will at least be treated better.

Room Tip: Bring a bucket to catch the water leaking out of the ceiling.