“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
EAU CLAIRE
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at Four Points the night before an early flight out of Chicago. We used the Park/Sleep/Fly program. The hotel is very nice, clean, quiet. Beds are comfortable. Shuttle is very punctual, runs every 20 minutes to and from airport, staff is friendly and courteous. We traveled with our 6-yr-old daughter. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I needed a hotel for a night before an early flight from Chicago's O'Hare airport. In addition, we need to find a place to park our vehicle for the 2 weeks we would be out of town. This Sheraton fit the bill perfectly for all of our needs!

An average hotel inside - a little dated, older bathroom - but very comfortable beds, complementary wi-fi and an attached restaurant. But what made this hotel for us, was that parking was included for up to 14 nights with only staying 1 night in the hotel, at a very reasonable price.

I've waited to write the review until we returned to make sure all was well with our car, and it was. The shuttle picked us up in about 5 minuets from O'Hare and in about 10 minutes we were in our car and driving home.

Bottom line - not a great hotel, but if you have an early flight from ORD and need parking - this worked very well.

Burnsville, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on an unplanned layover. The room was unremarkable and had no refrigerator. I got the room super cheap as they apparently were just looking to fill the rooms at cut prices that night.

I had no real complaints, the shuttle back to the airport ran every 20 minutes in the morning. But as a hotel there wasn't much of a wow factor. It was okay, I've stayed in far better, and far worse. If you get stranded at the airport, this is certainly better than a night on the floor, or trying to rest on the airport chairs.

Would I seek it out and try to stay there again? No. Frankly there are better hotels in the same vicinity.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I needed a last-minute hotel at O'Hare for an early flight, and needed parking for my car while out of town. Found an "internet special" of $79 for this property (Regular price was quoted as $119) and it advertised "Free Parking." I had to pay for the room instantly, non-refundable, to get that rate. I called before paying and confirmed that parking was free and available. However, upon arrival, I was informed that the "free parking" was only while you were a guest of the hotel, and the long term parking was - you guessed it - $40, making the rate - you guessed it again - $119. With all the taxes and fees, my total hotel room bill was $149. I know that this is a frequent problem because we heard the other front desk clerks reciting the same information to other highly p.o'd guests checking in.

The hotel was decent enough and certainly convenient, but I would never stay here or recommend it just on principle. I refuse to do business with any Sheraton in the future for the same reason. Fool me once...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fourpointsohare, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Uptowngirl57,
We appreciate your feedback about your recent experience at the Four Points at O'Hare and accept my sincere apology about the misunderstanding of the parking charges. As we advertise free parking while you are the guest of the hotel but also offer " Parking package" . The parking package allows the guests to leave the car for long term parking while they are on vacation or business. I hope this clarify the situation and hopefully you will give us a chance next time.

Regards,
Arun Sharma

Travelers are raving about these Schiller Park hotels

Palm Harbor, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

The Good: The Bed; Reliable shuttle service to O'Hare every 20 minutes 24/7.

The Bad: Multiple frustrating tries to get Card-Key to work; No instructions on programming thermostat (had to get maintenance man to show us that we had to take cover off): No soap in bathroom; No bathmat.

The Ugly: Used washcloth hanging on shower curtain rod when we arrived.

1 Thank Funnybunny77
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here overnight prior to leaving on an early am flight. Great location with good
shuttle service but our room was not the best. The room was quite small but the hotel advised it was one of their renovated rooms. Room was clean and I slept well. The food in the restaurant was tasty also and prices were decent. The room rate was also reasonable.
I would stay here again in a renovated room but hope the next time I visit the renavations are complete.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. I was given a renovated room but it was a bit of a walk from the elevator...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

For a business trip or quick overnight stay, this place is decent. The beds are comfortable and it was clean. The restaurant is not so great but you are held captive because it's not near anything decent. Having said that, the prices for food and beverage were fine. Don't use this spot for anything past one or two nights because getting anywhere other than the airport will break your bank account.

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor -there's a lot of traffic that may disturb a light sleeper.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
#2 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Residence Inn Chicago O'Hare
Hampton Inn Chicago-O'Hare International Airport
Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!