“A Okay Experience”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Chennai (Madras), India
“A Okay Experience”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for just one night after my arrival into Chicago. The checkin was not smooth as it was being handled by some trainees, I assume. Eventhough my room was booked by my client using his card that was authorised earlier, they were unhelpful and requested my card for authorisation. Also, the plan was supposd to be with complimentary breakfast, but on the next day morning, when I enquired about the same to the reception, they replied in negative.

The room was very big, but the temperature control was a tad old fashioned and the room felt very cold.

It took some time for the checkout too. So, I had plans of coming back to this hotel the day before I was supposed to leave chicago, but I decided otherwise and stayed in suburb schaumburg itself and came to the airport in just 30 minutes.

Also, after I came back to India and got my monthly credit card bill, I was surprised to find that they has erroneously charged an additional amount of around $70. But I wrote a mail to thier customer care and immediately I got a reply which was super fast and upon realising their mistake, they immediately reverted back the amount. That was really good.

This hotel could make waves, if they concentrate on their front-desk and also in providing proper information. IMHO, The people have to be trained properly.

regards

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank srini_r71
Fourpointsohare, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Sirni,
thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. We appreciate your candidness about our service and property. your feedback is very important to us and we will use your comments in our training class about the service and guest experience. Im glad to hear that the customer service acted qucikl;y on your concerns about the charges . Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I could be of any assistance during your next visit to Chicago.
Warm Regards,
Arun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a place to lay your head near O'Hare. It's got all you need. But it's build on the convenience model, not anything approaching luxury.

It has some excellent points. Shuttles every 20 minutes from the O'Hare bus center. Runs right on time with good drivers. Check in is quick as is your exit. They get it. There's a convenient little business center, attentive staff, and even a restaurant in a place where there are no other options. Good staff there too.

My room had a roaring draft on a cold night. It was under the AC unit. Frigid. They've tried their best with the bathroom footprint, even canting the toilet installation to get a little more space but it's cramped. I was on the Starwood Preferred level and it was not what I'd call a well-appointed place. Adequate for a layover. I got a great price on a two-week advance purchase.

I had breakfast in the restaurant complete with hard-working waitresses and good coffee-shop food. Just fine.

Definitely on my radar for any kind of O'Hare weather, needed night en route, or airport option for an early flight outta Chi-town.

Room Tip: Get on the east side. Might be quieter and you'll probably be downwind from the drafts.
1 Thank skagittraveler
Illinois
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a place to stay if you want to park and fly. Don't bother setting an alarm, as everyone is up super early to go to the airport. The walls are paper thin so you can hear your neighbors in the bathroom. We told them we had a big group wanting to leave at 4 am, and they didn't have enough shuttles to get us there at one time. Annoying.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sophielou83

Travelers are raving about these Schiller Park hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Could use an update. The rooms we worn. The pillows are horrible. Was $10 per day to park, however when I called before making reservations, they told me since I was a gold member it would be free??? Unfortunately I was there and had no one to talk too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Keszee
West of Philly
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel is nearby the airport so the ride to the airport to catch my plane the next morning was relatively short and got me there in plenty of time for my flight even with the slush and ice on the roads at 6:15 AM. The room itself was clean and quiet and I got a good night's sleep. All in all nothing to complain about room-wise. AS others have mentioned the check-in was quick.

Before turning in and after driving up from where I was meeting that day in Warrenville, I decided to get a martini at the bar and maybe a snack. The barkeeper was nice enough - but there were clearly some weird dynamics going on between him and the hostess, one of the servers, and the cook in the back who I never saw. My guess is that Nick, the barkeep, has been around the block and has a vision for how the operation should run. So he was giving coaching to those individuals at times, though the recipients did not seem very receptive nor appreciative of his wisdom. Then the hostess and he got in a little heated exchange over who filled out a silly chit and left it at the bar. Then the cook sent one of the servers out to get clarification on the order for a chicken quesadilla I had ordered and that got Nick going. I felt like I was observing a family feud but am pretty sure not all the parties were related.

My advice to them is to up the professionalism a notch or two and take those things out of the earshot and view of the customers to get sorted out. While it was sort of entertaining to watch I also felt like I was about to see the whole thing erupt into a cat fight.

By the way, the chicken Q was supposed to be "spicy" but was really pretty bland. I'd skip southwestern food up in the Great Lakes region next time...

Room Tip: Many of the rooms are down at the other end of the wing from where the lobby is, so prepare for a hi...
2 Thank BobWestOfPhilly
Fourpointsohare, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear BobWestOFPhilly,
thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience at Four Points and accept our sincere apology for the incident in the bar area between the staff. I truly thank you for bringing it to our attention. This is not the norm and gives us an opportunity to train our staff about the professionalism at work place. Again, thank you and we look forward to see you again.
Warm Regards,
Arun
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I got a great price for this hotel on line, and it was a very nice place. Great location near the airport without being noisy from planes. Free shuttle from airport. Very nice, comfortable bed, good room. The caveat is that the heater in my room was literally falling off the wall when I walked in - I called the front desk, and before I could get a picture to include with this review, they had a a person up to fix it. They got it back on the wall, but I didn't check it - and sure enough, as it got cold I found out the thing didn't work at all (it had worked when it was hanging on the wall). There also was no soap in the room - the maid had obviously not restocked the necessities. Other than that, I would have given it a great review, especially at the great price on got.

3 Thank WBWT
Rochester, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel was convenient to our location near the airport. The service was good. And although the hallways were a little dated, the rooms look as though they had been updated. We were put on a high floor and had to walk a really long way to our rooms. But the only drawback (it was only a one night business stay) was that the planes were really loud taking off at night. I was tired and slept anyway...but it still was kind of loud.

Room Tip: Make sure you eat before you go..only one restaurant.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiller Park
#3 of 9 in Schiller Park
Aloft Chicago O'Hare
Aloft Chicago O'Hare
#15 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!