Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Mahomet, Illinois
“Run down”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here in 2009 and were very impressed. This time... not so much. The hallway carpet was covered in stains; that was our first clue. Our room was stuffy, we were on the side of the interstate and could hear the traffic all night long. The a/c unit made a loud clunking noise when it kicked on and then would screech until it shut back off. This woke me up several times throughout the night.

We utilized the Park N Fly; we didn't have any issues with parking or the shuttle to the airport. However, trying to get the shuttle home was frustrating. It's supposed to pickup at the airport every 20 minutes. We waited over 30 before it finally arrived. The driver was making personal calls on his phone, throwing luggage around, drove like a maniac, & then nearly threw everyone's luggage out of the back when we got to the hotel. No tip for you!! We were met with a less than enthusiastic girl working the front desk, checked out, & vowed to never return.

They need to up their service & renovate their hotel.

Room Tip: Get one on the side of the airport, not the interstate!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fourpointsohare, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear tripbound,
Please accept my sincere thank you for taking the time to post a review and on the same token please accept my apology for the inconvience you experineced during your stay. our success is dependent upon the feedback we recieve from the loyal guests like you. I would like to discuss the situation with you personally. please give me a call directly 847-671-6000.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Arun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
Veracruz, Mexico
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is really close to the airport and the Interstate. Very comfortable but a little bit aged. The elevator is small and slow. Shuttle to the airport where you can take the train downtown (one hour). Free parking and WiFi.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bamtzrizo
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We've used this hotel several times recently as part of a park-n-stay package. When flying out of Chicago, we find this hotel to be fairly convienent. It's located right off the interstate. They Have a 24 hour airport shuttle. They have a fenced in area to park your car in while you're gone on your trip. The rooms themselves are good. The restaurant has good food. We really liked it after being out of the country for a couple weeks.

My best advice about this hotel we be if you're using the airport shuttle arrive down at the lobby early for the shuttle departure. This last time we where tight on time because we arrived at the lobby 5 minutes after the hour. The hotel staff said the shuttle bus had left a few minutes early. We did make our flight. In fact the shuttle bus driver dropped us of first. Again, show up early for the shuttle bus!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank photoguywisconsin
Michigan
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My girlfriend and I are staying at this hotel tomorrow, but already disappointed with the customer service. Before booking the room online I called the hotel directly to confirm that the room included the park n fly. I called the hotel earlier this week to confirm my reservation for tomorrow. I asked about the park n fly and was advised that it would be an extra $10.00 per day to park my car. The purpose of us staying was for the park n fly. This hasnt made the start of my vacation relaxing in any manner. I will review the hotel further after tomorrows stay, but I know I will not use this hotel in the future.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Schiller Park hotels

San Diego, CA
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Cons: Middle of no where
Bathroom small
Room dated/old
Elevator is small
Long walk from lobby to elevator
Hard to find for drivers
No fridge/microwave combo

Pros-Restaurant was good and inexpensive
Free airport shuttle every 20 min.
Free wifi
Nice bed
room clean

Miami
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Four Points hotels are generally quite good and this was no exception. The price was superb given the proximity and access to Chicago. It is an easy shot on the Blue Line into downtown. The hotel was very clean and the room was very spacious. I have nothing bad to say about the experience.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Sheraton Four Points at O'Hare is my first choice for a one-night layover. The rooms are large, the mattress the usual terrific Sheraton mattress, the outlets ample and convenient, the heating/air-conditioning easy to set, the bathroom adequate with a first class shower head in the tub; and excellent sound-proofing and darkening curtains. No mini-bar or refrigerator (though perhaps one can request one), but a free bottle of water. That's good, because the tap water in Chicago has a chemical taste, like that of Washington DC. There is also a smallish indoor pool (no lifeguard, 3 feet-5 feet), a sauna, and jacuzzi, and a work-out room (which I did not use, so cannot evaluate). The restaurant looks dull and inelegant, but the food is good! Also, not over-priced! And I do have to rave over the apple pie, which was THE best I've ever had. I'd return just for that. Breakfast was also good - French toast and bacon, with endless coffee.

The attitude of the staff is really a can-do one. Sometimes, however, they screw up. They insisted they'd given me the feather/down pillows I'd pre-ordered, but had not, so at 11pm I called Housekeeping and explained to a woman who was obviously American, spoke English perfectly, and promised to send the correct pillow immediately. A couple of minutes arrived a non-
native-English speaker with -- towels! I pointed at the pillow, gave her back the towels, and a few minutes later, the correct pillow arrived. Another small inconvenience was that the card key had to be recharged twice in 1 day, necessitating a trip back to the front desk each time. And the free wi-fi didn't work in the room, but worked fine in the lobby. Since it was only a 1-night stay, I didn't bother to complain.

The airport bus appears every 20 minutes or so, on a schedule; one can print out the boarding pass in a machine in the lobby.

All in all, a four-star experience at a fair price.

Room Tip: I have stayed upstairs and this time on the ground floor. Unlike many ground floor rooms, this one f...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schiller Park
#3 of 9 in Schiller Park
Aloft Chicago O'Hare
Aloft Chicago O'Hare
#15 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!