Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$116
Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare(Schiller Park)(Great Value!)
$77
CandlewoodSuites
$89
Comfort Suites O'Hare(Schiller Park)
$95
$92
Agoda.com
O'Hare Inn & Suites(Schiller Park)
$76
$64
$169
$149
  • Restaurant
$65
All reviewsan airport hotelshuttle runs every minutespark flyblue lineshuttle service isfree parkingbeds were comfortableoharesubway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2012

The only thing this hotel has going for it is the proximity to O'Hare and maybe the meeting facilities. The restaurant is just so-so (what did the reviewer who spent $6 eat?? The coffee is $1.85) and the property is not well taken care of. I was here a month ago and they specifically tout their fitness room (have no idea why they are calling attention to it, it's average at best if the equipment was working. Three treadmills, an elliptical and very little space for the weights), but when I was there one of the three treadmills was not working and the un-occupied one I used kept turning itself off because it couldn't detect a user. I informed the staff and they thanked me and assured it would be taken care of. A month later and same broken treadmill and the same problem with the one (again, only un-occupied) one I had last time. I informed the staff (again) and they thanked me and assured it would be taken care of, I have my doubts.

The sauna was not clean I ended up not even using it, I had to fight my door to get in, the lock unlocked for only half a second despite re-keying my card at the front desk and the food I ordered from room service was inexplicably burned and cold, did not think that was possible. The layout is poor, I was given a room quite a trek from the entrance and the carpet is worn and stained. I also stood around for about five minutes while one of the two front desk staff answered phone call after phone call, the other one telling her friend she would have to call her back because I was becoming visibly irritated, not big on customer service.

On the positive side the restaurant staff were pleasant and attentive and while I couldn't get my breakfast bill down to $6, it was still reasonable ($15) and edible, if a little greasy. The pool looks like it would be nice if you like pools (kids and such), the large LCD TV that I had in my room worked just fine. My room had a fridge that was clean, the coffee was not bad, the shuttle is punctual, the driver I had was genuinely helpful and friendly and the gift shop is nicely stocked with just about anything you would need from souvenirs to snacks.

If you need an inexpensive place to crash with the kids or have an off-site meeting or seminar and have the time/patience to deal with the quirks it seems fine. If you only have a little time to catch some sleep and recharge before your next flight, I wouldn't recommend it, the little things add up quickly. Of course you can complain and get a new room, replacement food, a clean sauna, wait for the front desk to wrap up their other conversations, etc but if you've only got a few hours you don't want to waste them on irritating problems.

Room Tip: ask them to put you near the elevators unless you need the exercise
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Randy W
Fourpointsohare, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2012

Hello Randy W,
As the General Manager of Four Points O'Hare, I'd like to thank you for staying with us and giving us the feedback regarding your experience about Fitness center and restaurant. I'm sorry to hear that one of the treadmill was not functioning properly. The staff has informed me about it last week and we have got that fixed. I have also taken up the matter with housekeeping department about the cleaniness issue of Sauna and it is taken care of as well.
Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to impove our service to you and make your next stay with us make feel like at home.
Warm Regards,
Arun Sharma
Gnereal Manager

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Our flight was late into O'Hare on a Saturday evening, exhausted and mentally drained after being on the road for one week, our family of four just wanted to check into the airport hotel to catch a night rest before the 10am flight to Tokyo the next morning. Luckily the shuttle was on time, but jam-packed with hotel guests.
They could not assign us two connecting rooms, and we did not get the renovated rooms but thankfully we got rooms on the same floor. The endless winding hallway is not helpful though when you are hauling a 45 lbs luggage and all you wanted is just get into a hot shower after a long day.
The room is a typical Starwood chain airport hotel layout, nothing special stands out, but the rooms are clean enough. I think this is an ok option for a layover or one-night stay, don't make this your base when you visit Chicago for one week, 'cos Schiller Park ain't nowhere near Chicago.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I had to stay by the airport for three days and chose this hotel from other reviews. I found it pleasant to saty there and, as there were no restaurants near, I ate in the restaurant for three days. The breakfast was really nice at $6.00 and my three evening meals were substantial and good value for money as well as being tasty. The room was large, quiet and comfortable and I had absolutely no complaints. Easy to get intpo town via the shuttle to the airport and then the public metro system. Reccommended for anyone with a short layover as very convenient and decently priced.

Room Tip: I saw other rooms- they all seemed the same quality.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank psychlura
Reviewed January 29, 2012

This hotel is very near O'Hare with a free shuttle service that runs every 20 minutes. The rooms were clean and comfortable, we had a large LCD TV that worked great, and the staff was friendly. At 9AM on Saturday morning we used the fitness room that was well equipped and were the only ones there the whole time. They pool looked great, and it was very quiet that morning as well. There is understandably some jet noise, but nothing that disturbed us. Parking was free and plentiful. We would go back!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank midwestgirl_56
Reviewed January 17, 2012

The service was the least of my problems. They were helpful [or at least tried to be] but there are too many problems in this place to make it an option. here's the good and the bad:

Good
1 - Close to airport
2 - Free parking
3 - Shuttle service is good
4 - Pool is nice
5 - Helpful staff

Bad
1 - Rooms are absolutely disgusting - mold on the walls and more
2 - Bathrooms are old and unappealing
3 - Fitness center looks like it's not taken care and machinery is haphazardly strewn around and not all of it works
4 - Loooong walk from the elevator to room - poorly laid out hotel
5 - My TV was broken - maintenance showed up but barely spoke English and tried to convince me that it's working fine but when it doesn't show the channels correctly and everything is fuzzy, the darn thing is broken.
6 - Beds are old, stained, and the linen looks crappy

Why does Starwoods affiliate with this place? No clue. It's well below their standard. I will not stay here again and reccommend the same for you until they really fix it over properly. This is my first really negative review, but I have no choice. Road warriors deserve a good night's sleep and this isn't the place to get it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Michdude
Fourpointsohare, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Hello Michdude NY,
As General Manager of this hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review about positive and negative experience. I want to assure you that we value every guests opinion and would like to welcome you to give me a call to discuss some of the points you mention in the review especially mold. We have a preventive maintenace programm in place and have no reports on mold issues. I would like you to please give me a call and so we can fix the problem before any other guests experience the same?.
I look forward to hear from you,
Arun Sharma