“Not your usual Sheraton quality”

Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Schiller Park
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stay at Sheraton/Four Points hotels at least twice a month. This rates low compared to other locations. The TV channels were messed up and maintenance said they could do nothing. I had no ironing board. The bathrooms were clean but old, with spots on the tub. The front desk staff are okay but not overly helpful. For example, we asked for a restaurant suggestion but they neglected to tell us the restaurant has a free shuttle -even though the restaurant says they clearly know about the shuttle - so we had to pay for a taxi instead. Another time we asked when the airport shuttle was leaving, they said they would let us know and although we were obviously sitting in front of the desk, they did not tell us and the shuttle left without us...and they did not even have another customer in line. I ordered room service and half of my food was missing - when I called about this, they said they would send it to my room but never did. Overall it's not horrible if you need a place to stay, the beds are nice as usual with Sheraton and there is free Internet, but definitely not a great pick or comprable to other Sheraton or Four Points hotels.

• Stayed: August 2011

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Completely dissappointed by this Sheraton. The hotel was old and smelled horrible. The room and bathroom are tiny and the decor is very outdated. The elevators near our end of the hotel was not working. I was not excpecting this at all.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I was sorely disappointed with my stay at the Four Points Sheraton. I am a service industry employee so I tend to give hotels a bit of leeway when it comes to problems. If this hotel had been a lower star rating, I would not be complaining right now. I found this hotel to be lacking for one that bills as a three star. It certainly has all the amenities one would expect from a three star, but they were often dirty or in a state of disrepair or just plain worn. I booked two rooms. My room smelled of the sort of musk hotel rooms get when they are suffering from mold/water exposure. The other room did not. However, both rooms had issues with the bathroom. Neither room had a working exhaust fan which meant the bathrooms became terribly wet during showers. Water dripped from the ceiling and doorframes. The second room had a shower curtain that was too short and water got everywhere. More towels were requested (we used the towels to clean up the water that got everywhere) but they never arrived. A trip to the front desk got replacement towels several hours later. Neither shower drained. This was rectified after a second complaint, also several hours after the first. The employee at the front desk cut me off while I was trying to see if we could get these issues rectified to talk to a customer she was more familiar with. We had a couple bugs in our room but honestly, it's summer time. They could be coming from anywhere. I did not talk to the front desk about that because I viewed it as not so big of an issue but more importantly, I felt that if I did have any big issues, I was likely to be cut off and ignored again. Because I do work in the service industry, I went out of my way to be polite about my complaints and was not pleased with the front desk employee's response, especially since we had to complain again several hours later to actually have the problems addressed. While I appreciate the help of the staff who did eventually rectify these issues and apologize for the behavior of their fellow employee, I was ultimately unimpressed with the general service and appearance of the hotel. I reserved through a distressed inventory site such as hotwire or priceline but if I had paid the regular best nightly rate, I would have checked out on the first night and demanded my card not be charged.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I was surprised by some of the other reviews that I read. I found my room to be very pleasant. The room was spacious with king size bed and large screen HD TV (50"+) The room also included a small frig and microwave. The work desk was spacious and with a comfortable desk chair. The bed was very comfortable with high quality sheets. It looked like the room has been remodeled wtihin the last couple of year. The bathroom is a little small. The carpet in the lobby and hallways are stained and look dirty. The receptionist was pleasant and checkin process went without a hitch. I am a Starwood Gold member, so I don't know if that put me into a different part of the hotel. Free shuttle to and from airport runs every 20 minutes.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My stay here on Saturday, July 30 did not last very long. After a long flight, I checked into the hotel as I was only in town for one day for business. First, the grounds are not well lit, which made it hard to find the entrance. After finally finding parking in the back, I entered the hotel with a few unsavory hotel guests. I went to the front desk, checked in and then headed to my room on the first floor. When I entered my room, I was immediately greeted by the smell of urine or something worse. The carpet felt moist and the room was old and dingy. I started to check the bed for bed bugs, and after not finding any, I decided to suck it up and sleep for a few hours. As I reached for the remote, I saw a few ants - gross. Then as I was in bed watching TV, a big black bug ran onto of the sheet towards me. I do not know what type of bug it was - a cockroach, a stink bug, who knows? I quickly got dressed and headed to the front desk. I demanded a new room and when she was going to give me a 1st floor again, I requested another floor as I did not feel safe on the 1st floor. I went to my room on the 7th floor and it seemed better. It was still outdated and mildew-like, but the smell of urine was gone. I went to check the bed and under my pillow, I found a black bug - it was not a bed bug. It was larger than that and had a weird triangle like body. I picked up my stuff and left. I returned to the front desk and the front desk manager was very stoic. She did not seem to care nor believe me when I showed her the photo of the bug. I told her to refund my money and that she should learn how to deal with guests in a compassionate way instead of with a dead-panned face. The Sheraton definitely has some sort of infestation - ants and whatever that larger black bug was. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone.

I left and headed to the Hampton Inn down the street. The Hampton Inn was clean, and I had a good night sleep.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Fourpointsohare, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Dear Guest,
I deeply regret that you had such a poor experience at the hotel on Saturday night. Please accept my sincere apology.
I was notified by the shift supervisor about your complaint regarding the bugs, and we have thoughly inspected both the rooms on Sunday itself and found NO evidence of any pests.
We make every effort to keep the room clean and comfortable for our guests at all times. I would love to discuss the situation you described in your review if would be kind enough to call me directly 847-671-6000.
We sincerely hope that you'll give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you are passing through.
Arun Sharma
General Manager.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We checked in during a downpour- but only after waiting five minutes for the shuttle driver to move the bus! Came out, looked at us, got on, hopped off and went back inside! Finally they got the hint I guess because he did eventually move. Had we known then what we do now I would have driven away!

Upon check-in there were no luggage carts. Waited for another five minutes. Checked in and the girl at the desk spoke all of a sentence to me. Didn't even tell me what room I was in. Should have run....

About twenty minutes into stay, realize remote for tv won't work. Maint guy came up and said these tvs are new, not all rooms have the remotes programmed. They can change rooms for you tonight or tomorrow.

Not long after that, water is pouring into the room! I call down to front desk and she offers to change us. Get dressed, go downstairs, find buckets by the elevator and more water pouring down a different wall. Once to the desk, I find one stressed out clerk juggling multiple phones and a line of people. She assigned us and a few others new rooms. Get to new room and it was definitely a prior smoking room. Too exhausted we just took it-almost 1 am by now. We decided to move hotels for the remainder of our stay.

Bring your own entertaiment-only a dozen or so channels. This hotel is old and the pics are deceiving. Socks black after walking around room, walls and ceilings are patched, etc.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is a clean, comfortable hotel convenient to the airport & downtown. Nothing special about it other than location. Room was made up and cleaned well daily. Only complaints I'd have are (i) the air conditioning in the lobby area was either broken or non-existent; and (ii) the fitness center, which claims to have "updated cardiovascular equipment" is in poor shape.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Comfort Suites O'Hare
Comfort Suites O'Hare
#4 of 9 in Schiller Park
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!