“Decent Hotel, but Breakfast was a Joke!”

Hyatt Place Chicago/Schaumburg
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed December 9, 2009

The room was great, we got a great rate from priceline. It was a suite with a big L shaped couch, that pulled out. There was plenty of room for 5 to sleep. There were 5 of us women, shopping! There was a sink and frig, sort of like a wet bar area. Huge big screen tv, that could be seen from the beds and couch area. Double mirror are with sink area outside of shower and toilet room, and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast, well... that was pretty much a joke! bagels, toast and english muffins. oh, and a little bit of fruit. they did have 3 different cereals to pick from - if you are into yukky cereal. No donuts or muffins, nothing... So we all had a bagel with cream cheese, gee thanks... you had to pay for the starbucks and the good yummy pastries that were in the cabinet. They did make waffles, french toast, etc... if you wanted to pay. The coffee they served for free was good but very strong! and I mean stronger than usual... and would you believe they didn't even have flavored (french vanilla) creamer! even Comfort Inn and Suites has that, and much better breakfasts! and they are a lot cheaper...

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
HyattPlaceSch, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2010

It sounds like you had a fun weekend away with friends, and we appreciate you choosing the Hyatt Place Chicago/Schaumburg for your getaway! I'm sorry to hear that our breakfast fell short of your expecations, and as a gesture of appreciation for your patronage, I'd like to offer you an upgraded hot breakfast for you and up to 4 of your friends on your next stay! Please contact me when making your reservations, and I'll be sure to personally see to better service on your next stay: michelle.trevino@hyattplaceschaumburg.com.

Reviewed December 3, 2009

I was very pleased with this hotel. As soon as I saw they had a 42" flat panel tv to easily hook your computer up to, I knew I'd be staying here. I have a computer hooked up to my plasma at home and tons of movies on my computer. I was in the area to have surgery, so this was a huge plus to me since I'd be doing pretty much nothing but hanging out in the room.

The room itself - bed was very comfortable with white hotel sheets. The sink area was nicely refinished, while the toilet and tub/shower area weren't that great, but suitable. It was nice to have a sectional for when I wanted to watch tv out of bed (the tv could be angled either way). There was a desk area w/ plenty of plugs and a sink and microwave. The free internet was nice too, esp for me just chillin in bed. Not the fastest, but again suitable.

I did not check out the dining options downstairs, but my friend that was taking care of me was able to get me some great chicken soup and we had plenty of nearby options to get a carryout. Also some decent shopping close by, got the most fabulous purple trench for forty bucks at Marshalls!

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends

Thank you for your fantastic review! We hope your recovery went well. We sure hope to see you back again soon, purple trench coat and all!

Reviewed November 30, 2009

I got a great rate from priceline.com on a room with a king size bed. I was skeptical of the room's description that it had a corner couch as well. I was very pleasantly surprised by the room. It was huge, with a corner couch, 42" plasma screen, desk, wet bar with sink, grante countertops, very comfortable bed, etc. There are certainly some areas where they cheaped out, the bathroom with the toilet and tub were cheap, but clean, and good water pressure. The pool area was pretty cheesy, but the water was warm, and the towels were fresh. The hotel room was very comfortable, and for the money, I don't believe you could beat this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2009

We're former NW suburbanites who moved up north; we stay at this hotel when we come back to see family. We've been to it many times. We've even had Christmas and birthday parties in our rooms at this hotel. Can't say enough good things about it.

They did a great job of the remodel when they took over from Amerisuites; the rooms are awesome---very roomy and clean! (Plenty of seating when the family comes over.) The staff is nice, and the location is top-notch. Right across from IKEA, and you can take the shuttle to Woodfield.

The free breakfast is good; you can pay for a nicer breakfast, but we never do. Last I checked, room prices go up quite a bit during the week, but you can get a good price if you stay for the weekend, which is what we do. Rooms have sinks and fridges; very handy!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
HyattPlaceSch, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Chicago/Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2010

Thank you for your wonderful review, and thank you for making us apart of your visits back home! We're delighted that we can provide you exceptional service, and we look forward to welcoming you back on all of your future trips!

Michelle Trevino
Director of Sales
michelle.trevino@hyattplaceschaumburg.com

Reviewed October 16, 2009

Had a conference in the convention center so stayed here for 2 nights. I loved my stay. Managed an amazing deal on their website - a king suite for $65 which was a dream. The room was more than what I expected. It was huge and extremely clean. The bathroom, furniture, the bed, everything was very clean and new. I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone and would certainly come and stay here the next time I am in Schaumburg.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Stayed here on a Saturday night. Hotel was fully booked due to a large sporting event nearby. Lobby and breakfast area very nice-standard for a Hyatt Place. Easy self check-in. Very nice room with 1 king bed as requested. There is also a hide-a-bed, desk, sink and refrig. Toilet and shower are separate from bathroom sink. Bathroom sink area is open to the bedroom. There is a partial wall dividing bedroom from living room. Very large flat screen tv. Breakfast is not spectacular--fruit, cereals, breads to toast, milk, juices. You can pay extra for other made to order breakfast foods. Not a lot of soundproofing it seems. We could hear everyone in the hallway and being next to the elevator heard every ding. Nice location directly across from Ikea and around the corner from Woodfield Mall. Tons of restaurants nearby. They have a computer with printer for guest use near the breakfast room.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This is an affordable place for me and my family to stay, there are lots of places to shop nearby, like Ikea, and MORE. We use this hotel once a year.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family