“The best in Schaumburg for a value”

Hyatt Place Chicago/Schaumburg
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Tel Aviv, Israel
“The best in Schaumburg for a value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed in many hotels in Schaumburg, but this one is my favorite. They renovated it couple of years ago. It's extremely clean. The room is like a mini suite. It has separate sleeping and sitting/working area. I have a 42 Plasma TV with the good choice of HD channels. They also have some data port with possibility to connect external devices, but I never tried it.
The service is very friendly. Actually it's their gimmick. I was surprised to see that a receptionist who checked me in remembered my name in more than a week.
They have standard American breakfast - bagels, cereals, cheese and bacon and fruits. They also have a 24 hour food service. It's not a room service, but I always could order something at the reception desk even at night, when i was late from office. The fitness room has just some running machines and free weights.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

Came in from Wisconsin and location was very easy to find. Upon arrival I was immediately greeted at the front desk and was treated like the queen I am (smile).
The check in was quick, and she showed us around before giving us a key so that was nice. When you first walk in it looks just like the pics on the site so that was a plus. She asked where I wanted to sleep (high or low floor)..another plus! She told us about the pool but it was raining that day in Chicago so no additional water for me. Ok so the lobby to the elevator was nice and then once I got off I noticed a smell not sure what is was but the good news was it was only in the hallway so I go in my room and again it was just like the pics on their site. You walk in to a sitting area with a divider and then there is a King Bed. There was 1 flat screen maybe like 42 inch..There was a mini fridge but no microwave so that may be a negative for some but I didnt have a problem with it. The bathroom was kind of little but it was alright for me. The bed was very comfy no complaints from me.. The couch was quite comfy as well. The shower was great. As for the breakfast they had english muffins with egg and bacon and also just cheese on a bagel I believe it was good. Lots of cereal and fruit and juices and mini donuts. I want to say they had mini pancakes but I didnt have any. Overall the experience was cool they are close to Woodfield Mall and Ikea so thats a plus lots of resturants and there are Targets and Walmarts about 5 minutes away. Parking was as to be expected. There is another Hyatt in walking distance which seemed weird but hey no complaints from me o except by the window was a spider..Yuck (but not the hotels fault) and there was a cricket in the bathroom which may have come in on our suitcase so I wont give it a 5 but a 4 and for the price I will return. O one more thing the air conditioner was great!!!! O and yes there is a workout room that I didnt use as well and 24 hour room service!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

The service was courteous and helpful including the shuttle service that dropped off and picked up anywhere within a three mile radius. The rooms were larger than I expected with a separate sitting area with comfortable sectional sofa and an alcove that included a desk and office chair. The kitchenette provided a sink, fridge and coffee maker with coffee provided by the hotel. Wifi was provided free of charge throughout the hotel. The king bed I had was comfortable with plenty of pillows.

Housekeeping did an excellent job each day as well.

The continental breakfast provided each morning was a cut above what's usually provided by hotels of the "express" variety. Beyond merely providing bagels, cereal and coffee, there were breakfast sandwiches featuring eggs and a variety of toppings, waffles, fresh fruit as well as muffins, sweet items and different kinds of sliced bread. I walked away from breakfast very satisfied every morning of my stay.

I did not avail myself of the pool or hot tub but my friends who did were happy with the experience. There was no restaurant at the hotel but the kitchen provided sandwiches and other items around the clock if wanted. There were also several restaurants within a few minutes walk of the hotel and a large number within a short drive.

Although I did find the bathroom a bit tight as was the positioning of the closet, those were minor complaints.

Recommended for service, convenience and comfort.

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here during a recent dance competition. This hotel is conveniently located close to shopping and restaurants. The hotel provided a complimentary shuttle to and from a local mall. The rooms were very clean and the beds very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was the best I have ever had with many choices available.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

We had a group of 5 staying at this hotel for a night out at Barleycorn across the street. We got a good value and the room we booked was a suite, which was gorgeous. The hotel monitors the parking lot and tows anyone who is not staying there, which is good for the guests. Over all, great experience!

Room Tip: Good for a night out in Schaumburg
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

Overall I was happy with the stay at the Hyatt Place Schaumburg.

At first I almost went into the wrong hotel as I saw the regular Hyatt nextd oor first.

The staff were all very friendly and the room was spacious and comfortable.
The TV was a nice Flatscreen and they also provided several channels which were actually presented in HD. (This is one of my number one complaints about hotels nowadays, they have all pretty much renovated and the TV's are 40 inches, yet they can't seem to figure out that without a good signal, a larger tv just makes a bad picture look worse).

I needed to have several packages sent to the hotel, which they told me wasn't a problem. I was surprised to see each day when I got to my room that the package had been delivered and left for me there. I was expecting to have to go down and pick them up, not a big deal but it was nice that they took the extra step and delivered them to the room. Especially considering the elevators were some of the slowest I have ever seen. After the first day I used the stairs as by the time the elevator would come I could already be out the door of the building.

The free breakfast in the morning was ok. The 'hot' items were left under heat lamps and were never infact hot.

The pool and hot tub were often overrun with kids - often unattended. The hot tub itself was at best a warm tub as well.

Overall though, it was a pleasant stay and will probably stay here again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jalenkos
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

The room was slightly pricy but the amenities they offered suited the price they asked for, I would stay here again.