“Good Place to Stay if Walking to John Barleycorn”

Hyatt Place Chicago/Schaumburg
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We had a group of 5 staying at this hotel for a night out at Barleycorn across the street. We got a good value and the room we booked was a suite, which was gorgeous. The hotel monitors the parking lot and tows anyone who is not staying there, which is good for the guests. Over all, great experience!

Room Tip: Good for a night out in Schaumburg
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Overall I was happy with the stay at the Hyatt Place Schaumburg.

At first I almost went into the wrong hotel as I saw the regular Hyatt nextd oor first.

The staff were all very friendly and the room was spacious and comfortable.
The TV was a nice Flatscreen and they also provided several channels which were actually presented in HD. (This is one of my number one complaints about hotels nowadays, they have all pretty much renovated and the TV's are 40 inches, yet they can't seem to figure out that without a good signal, a larger tv just makes a bad picture look worse).

I needed to have several packages sent to the hotel, which they told me wasn't a problem. I was surprised to see each day when I got to my room that the package had been delivered and left for me there. I was expecting to have to go down and pick them up, not a big deal but it was nice that they took the extra step and delivered them to the room. Especially considering the elevators were some of the slowest I have ever seen. After the first day I used the stairs as by the time the elevator would come I could already be out the door of the building.

The free breakfast in the morning was ok. The 'hot' items were left under heat lamps and were never infact hot.

The pool and hot tub were often overrun with kids - often unattended. The hot tub itself was at best a warm tub as well.

Overall though, it was a pleasant stay and will probably stay here again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jalenkos
Reviewed July 12, 2011

The room was slightly pricy but the amenities they offered suited the price they asked for, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2011

While traveling to the Midwest for a funeral, I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Schaumburg. I had an amazing stay. The staff, the ENTIRE staff from housekeeping to the front desk manager, were friendly, professional, and helpful.

I also enjoyed the location of the hotel. It's very close to the mall and the hotel will even shuttle you there and back.

I can't say enough about this place. The hotel has been very nicely updated (it's not perfect, but it was exceptionally clean). There are very few signs of age. I will definitely stay there every time I'm in the area!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 20, 2011

This hotel was wonderful. We had a room that had 2 double beds and a sectional couch that pulled out to a bed. The place was clean. The breakfast was awsome. They had biscuits and gravy, Bacon Egg and Cheese biscuits, waffles, fruit, cereal, yogurt and lots of juice choices. The location is great. The woodfield mall is right across the street and lego land. It has plenty of places to eat nearby. It is in a real nice safe area. Easy to get in and out and quiet location. Would love to go back!

Room Tip: Booked just week ahead and was $69.00
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank familyfun4_61990
Reviewed June 13, 2011

hotel staff was very friendly. Hotel was very clean and spacious. My room had a small fridge, desk, large flat screen TV, sectional sofa and 2 beds. Check in was quick and efficient.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank teenvacation
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This was our second choice for a hotel on a trip to Chicago to go to Legoland. We arrived a little leary from the first hotel we abandoned after we got there and discovered it was NOT as-advertised. We should have come here first.

We basically walked in off the street hoping they had a room for us. The front desk staff was very nice and accommodating. The quickly got us a nice room on the top floor and even tried to locate a deal for us on Legoland tickets in addition to our room reservation, but could not find one through the hotel. It was very welcoming after our previous hotel choice had fallen through.

The hotel was just what we were looking for. A clean, friendly and comfortable place to stay for the night before we headed to Legoland the next day. The rate was a great value and for what is lumped into an "economy" category of hotel stays, this was all very nice.

Breakfast the next morning was included and 24/7 there is food available in the lobby area, which was much nicer than your typical microtel setup. Everyone was friendly and wanted to make sure you had what you needed whereever we went.

We went to the pool which was indoors, clean, with plenty of towels. The beds were very comfortable and the grounds are well-maintained. The room we got had a sleeping area and bathroom/shower,sink, another area with a small sectional couch, another area with a small dining table and chairs, and another area with a fridge and small sink and counter. A large room for a sub-100 rate at the time.

This is a great place to stay if you are visiting Legoland, as it is less than 5 minutes away, and is close to Woodfield Mall, which gives you plenty of family choices for food, etc.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms may be larger than lower floors
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family